Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I'm sure all's fine Kash, I'm quite crampy on and off today.

Took me ages to get to sleep last night, I think it was too warm but I also must be really hormonal as I had to get up and go downstairs for a good cry and then calm myself down again. I started thinking about the theft again and having to go to the train station and for some reason it got me really upset all over again.

If I wasn't pregnant I know for a fact that I wouldn't have even cried over it and wouldn't still be upset about it 3 or 4 days later. I'd just be miffed but I'd be like "ok get on with it". It's so weird getting emotional like this. Didn't wake OH up as he was due up at 5.30am and I actually hate crying in front of anyone else, including him!

On the good side I've changed my work schedule back 1/2hr so that the way my hours coincide with the train schedule, there is literally no waiting at all at the station and I'm going there at a more reasonable hour! So I think this will make me feel safer. The train "station" in question is notorious for being the worst in Dublin & probably in the country. It's unmanned and just a cess pit for lowlifes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Kash - thinking of you. It's a really good sign when baby is kicking away, so hope everything is ok. Can't u get braxton hicks from quiet early on?

Mink - you're still in shock. It was an awful thing to happen. Don't be so hard on yourself, your reaction cld have been the exact same if u weren't pregnant. But at least u were able to change your working hours, hopefully that will make u feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

I am fuming urghhh!!!!!!

Oh sold his van 2 weeks ago because he's not working, by accident he left his insurance disc in.
    Sent off log book, rang and told insurance and cancelled it, filled out form to say we had lost disc whatever.
    Turns out the guy who bought the van rang the insurer, reinstated the insurance and proceeded to crash into someone and took all fault for crash in my Oh's name.
    Fooking scumbag!!

So we are now without a van, awaiting money back from insurance we cancelled and get a call from a claims guy with the insurance company to say he was calling to sort out the claim.
    Feel like crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Kash hope everything okay :) I know how scary it is...

Mink don't be so hard on yourself: it was traumatic. You need to give yourself time to come to terms with it: and if anyone tells you to get over it send them every negitive thought you possibly can... it takes time.

Java that is utterly ridiculous: I would be fuming too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Kash, hope dr appointment goes good today.
    Mink, I cried yesterday cos a man beeped at me, so I'm sure i'd be in bits if I was in your situation! No harm in it.

Java, that's a horrible thing that guy did. Hope karma bites him in the arse.

Girls, I recieved my free tickets to the baby and pregnancy fair this morning. I still have my sma code for a free one.
    It's for the cork show, so I'll pm the code to the first person who wants it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

kash .. thinking of you,hopefully its just braxt/h starting good that you are still feeling movement anyway.

mink i know how you feel ,im having a hard time at work getting them to realise im pregnant(im a chef so lots of heavy lifting and stress involved) normally im easy going and dont sweat about the little things but lately they are getting on my nerves ...big time!! last night i had a little cry/sulk and didnt want to be seen(i havent cried since i was 7 and im not a pretty crier so i hid too) anyway point is it i felt much better after it and slept like a log ...take your time in trying to get over being mugged ,its a very scary thing to happen. glad you changed times of train im sure that will help with stress.

javagirl...sum people...im shocked ..what the hell?

Jesus Java, that's shocking. Hope you have the details of the guy you sold the van to. There are some nasty people in this world. I hope Karma bites him in the bum, big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Java that's terrible & I would suspect the accident wasn't an accident at all but a set up to try & make a big claim off your insurance! Hopefully the fact that you had the log book etc sent off will stand to ye & your insurance company should never have reinstated insurance without some kind of security check so there is fault there...other than that it's a matter for the guards as its fraud :rolleyes:

What a wonderful day...4 loads of washing done & drying, washing up done & gave the car a dust! How I love the sun...now having a little sun soaking :)

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    What a wonderful day...4 loads of washing done & drying, washing up done & gave the car a dust! How I love the sun...now having a little sun soaking :)

You don't know how jealous your post makes me feel. Stuck in a square box of a room staring at a computer screen with fluorescent lights instead of sunlight and can't even open a window because somebody else will feel the cold. Grrrrr!

I'm so easily distracted, it's ridiculous, got feck all done today but only 50minutes till going home time!

Sorry...not working has some benefits! I do know how you feel though as in my last job I had an office which was always in shade no matter how nice the day, had no windows to open & no fresh air...I hated it so much :) tell the cold person to put on more clothes & open that window ;)
    It's looking like sticking around so hopefully you can soak up some sunshine this evening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Kash hope everything is ok?!?!

I couldn't sit this morning whatever way the baby was sitting on my pubic bone it really really hurt. Then baby moved and the relief was immense!
    I don't mean to sound ungrateful but I am dreading the next 3 months until baby is born.

Javag, that is awful hopefully it will get sort out but as Twomums2b said it sounds like a mistake on the insurance companies part. Hopefully your man will be blacklisted or something(can they do that?)!!!

Notsobusy I've been saying that since 12 weeks: its not ungrateful it's just that pregnancy is really hard sometimes.

I'm really hoping I can find out sex tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Thanks everyone - all those good wishes must have paid off, everything is fine.

The doc thinks I pulled my ab muscles quite badly when I did the splits the other day, and the cramping is a combination of that and the fact that my uterus is traveling northward and shoving all my other organs out of the way. She told me to rest more, and recommended taking two Panadol if I get too uncomfortable, and sleeping as much as possible until healed.

But now that I know it is nothing to worry about I can deal with it better, before the worry was making everything worse.

Java - that's such a ****ty thing to have happen. How on earth did they think they would get away with that?

Glad to hear it all went well Kash :) always reassuring when doc has said things are fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

sigh, what a day,
    kash delighted your doctor reassured you!
    my arse bone is unreal sore i can't sit down lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Kash glad you are ok,

Mink, poor you

Javagal people are so terrible!

I had bad day as well, I was so happy on the morning with sun and everything, and after lunch my boss was in bad mood, one of my colleagues as well - she told me that I'm slow, and it cos it took me few seconds to get to doors and open for courier. I was so pissed off that I told her that next time she can do it herself - she is younger and she is not pregnant! She told me that it is my own fault that I am fat!

I was so upset that I shut the doors. I hate losing control.

Oh god Saurelin I would freak: how dare she?? And seriously anyone who in a work environment calls anyone let alone someone who is pregnant should be reported. Your boss sounds moodier than a hormonal teenager (or pregnant woman!)... Especially when they are aware that you have been sick already.

I think I'm after pulling that stupid muscle in my side again for the umpteenth time: vomiting getting worse again I kept nothing down today :( hopefully tomorrow better It's been awhile since I kept nothing down so maybe it just a once off

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Cyning thanks

I get used to my bosses strange mood swings.
    I told him about my colleague behavior so we will see tomorrow.

I notice actually that my hubby is more hormonal than I am. This is strange.

Anyway, sun is great and weather should be nice tomorrow as well, so I'm optimistic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Worst. Indigestion. EVER!!!!

The indisgestion is awful! I feel for you theg81der!

• Advertisement

theg81der wrote: »
    Worst. Indigestion. EVER!!!!

I feel for you, it's the worst pain ever.
    . Ended up in out of hours doc last night with gallstones pain! I knew there was nothing they cld give me but I was rolling around on the floor not able to talk! I won't vote you with the details, coz i posted a moan in the moan thread last night.

Kash glad to hear everything is alright!

I read the thread on what to bring in the hospital bag and nearly had heart failure!!! It's mahoosive!!! Why is it all so complicated!!!??:eek:

It does look like alot of stuff, but I think that lady literally documented every last item she was bringing with her.

I thought the list for the dad was ingenious...I never wld have thought of even bringing a spare t-shirt for him or toiletries for him to freshen up. Luckily, really close friends only live up the road from the hospital and they have offered him a bed if he wants to get a couple of hours sleep or stay there while I'm in. But we only live about 40 minutes away anyway.

I'm just going to adapt that list to suit myself, but glad that I have an idea what I need know. The list from the hospital was a bit basic.

The one thing I am worried about is knowing when to go to the hospital. Factoring in the length of time it's going to take us to get there etc. there's very few places to pull in along the road in the way to the hospital, if we needed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

We're the same kildareash, about 40 minutes away.

The consensus seems to be that you go to the hospital when your contactions are between 10 and 5 minutes apart, anything sooner and you're either in there for hours, or they could even send you home!

I'd say the best bet would be to ask your own doc well in advance, and give a call when you start getting them just so that they are aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

kildareash wrote: »
    You don't know how jealous your post makes me feel. Stuck in a square box of a room staring at a computer screen with fluorescent lights instead of sunlight and can't even open a window because somebody else will feel the cold. Grrrrr!

Snap, no daylight whatsoever.

Java I really hope that insurance thing sorts out, such scumbags in the world!

Saurelin, how you did not rip the face off that girl I do not know, shocking behaviour for the workplace.

Kash glad to hear all ok.

Kildareash, I wouldn't worry about it. It's highly unlikely things will happen that fast on your 1st (it's your 1st right) that you would need to pull over to deliver. That's what I've been told anyway. Lots of 1st timers get sent home from the hospital first few times they go in.

Well... then there are those who have super fast labours & practically shoot the baby out like a ping pong ball. Just call the midwives and they'll know what to ask you to determine whether you should go in or not I think.

Got all my homebirth paperwork from HSE today so meeting midwife on Sat to fill it all out and start the process.

The midwife at our 1st antenatal class said you only need to come in immediately (when waters break) if they have a pink or greenish colour to them but to call them first either way. We are similar re commute so it's def something we need to be sure about but I don't want to be hanging about the hospital if we don't need to be there!

Thanks ladies, it's just one of those what if's that crosses my mind alot!
    It's on my list to ask the midwife at my next hospital appt.

I forgot to make my monthly appt with the nurse last week and now she's booked up till next week! Typical! It'll only be two weeks from that appt till I'm back in the hospital, not that it matters too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Hi ladies,
    kash - glad all went well with doc..

Saurelin - it is shocking a work colleague said to you - think if was me I would have definately lost the plot...

I feel like an emotional wreck at the moment, went into complete melt down last night cos the hoover broke just after I'd put a cleaning treatment all over the carpets - instead of just changing the fuse like a normal rational person I sat down and cried until hubby came home and fixed it :confused:

Think the baby has been getting hiccups the last few days, keep feeling the baby jump - happens about 10-12 times in a row - can see bump moving from the outside - very strange feeling - does any one know is this hiccups or am i just growing a little acrobat!

Javagal - that's awful about your OH's van, hope u have some joy the insurance company....

Hope everyone is well & enjoying the sunshine :)

Agggghhh... They wouldn't scan me today because I was scanned a week and a half ago and there "was no need to."

There was a need you told me you were going to, I'm having a crappy horrible pregnancy and everytime I see my baby it makes me happy.

And I have one doc telling me they aren't going to let me over my due date because the risks are too high, and another saying there is no risk...

Aaagh :mad:

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »
    Agggghhh... They wouldn't scan me today because I was scanned a week and a half ago and there "was no need to."

There was a need you told me you were going to, I'm having a crappy horrible pregnancy and everytime I see my baby it makes me happy.

And I have one doc telling me they aren't going to let me over my due date because the risks are too high, and another saying there is no risk...

Aaagh :mad:

Awww & you were hoping to find out the sex today too :( It must be so frustrating having 2 docs telling you complete opposites!
    If you can manage it financially maybe you should treat yourself to a private gender scan or a 3D one...then you can watch your baby on DVD whenever the pregnancy is getting on top of you :)

Advertisement