Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Festina lente

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

8.69k in 49.14 (5.40 pace)

Recovery run into work. Much milder these mornings than it was last week, the hat and gloves barely last the first mile.

kmtd: 165.68

8.9k in 49.26 (5.33 pace)

Double run today, I think the first since the snow when I used to run in and out of work. This evening was a club session, but there was only four of us so we took it easy enough. Up to Stocking Lane for 5 x uphill 300s, 4 at about 4.15 pace and the last at 4.03, then continued over the hill down the other side and back to the kids training. Took that very easy, only speeding up to about 5 minute pace in the last km.

kmtd: 174.58

11.12k in 58.20 (5.15 pace)

Easy run home, but starting to feel a bit tired...

kmtd: 185.7

10.05k in 50.53 (5.04 pace)

Arrived a bit late at club meeting point, and either i was the only one there or I'd missed the others - both equally possible. Decided to do an easy 10k, running up towards Marlay Park and turning back. A bit fast for 'easy' though, and too slow for tempo - just junk miles :o

Motorcyclist on the road near Marlay, ambulance and two fire engines - didn't look good :(

kmtd: 195.75

8.7k in 46.34 (5.21 pace)

Had planned a recovery run this morning but was running late, so had to go a bit faster. I was going to run tomorrow as well but the legs are definitely feeling it now, so will take the next 2/3 days off.

kmtd: 204.45

• Advertisement

11k in 55.48 (5.04 pace)

Felt wrecked this morning, legs were not grateful for the break at all. Shins were sore for the first 5/6k and I was crawling along at 5.30/5.40 and feeling much slower. then I realised I was going to be late home and the OH was waiting to go to the gym so I had to speed up, ran the 5k home around 4.30 pace.

kmtd: 215.45

23.58k in 2.05.54 (5.20 pace)

Dragged my fat arse out for a run around my four park route - Bushy, Marlay, St Enda's, Tymon. First half uphill, second half downhill, wind all over the place.

kmtd: 239.03

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

RayCun wrote: »
    23.58k in 2.05.54 (5.20 pace)

Dragged my fat arse out for a run around my four park route - Bushy, Marlay, St Enda's, Tymon. First half uphill, second half downhill, wind all over the place.

kmtd: 239.03

That sounds like a nice route Ray, at least you had some shelter. I'm trying to plan routes that are the least windy which ain't easy.

9.87k in 54.09 (5.29 pace)

Easy run this morning, just up and around Tymon. Bit of a wind out there...

kmtd: 248.9

9.62k in 54.32 (5.40 pace)

Part of the skeleton crew in work today. Easy run in this morning with a bag on my back (haven't run with a bag in ages), will run home again with the bag as soon as I can sneak out...

kmtd: 258.52

• Advertisement

9.57k in 52.36 (5.30 pace)

Got out around 2, for an easy run home. That's it for me for the year, will take tomorrow off and kick straight into the new year on Sunday. (No parties for me, I'll probably be tucked up in bed by 11 :rolleyes: )

Month|2010|2011
    January|38.8|105.61
    February|35.5|106.68
    March|53.2|121.83
    April|72|106.33
    May|75.9|107.13
    June|90.2|64.85
    July|118.1|126.92
    August|124.4|168
    September|154|171.75
    October|108.7|191.2
    November|58.4|128.9
    December|83|166.58
    Total|1012.2|1578.1

Should be over the 2000 next year...

15.62k in 82.14 (5.16 pace)

5 x 1 mile @ race pace
    the plan after DCM was to do the McMillan 10k schedule, slightly adjusted, bringing me up to the Raheny 5. This is the first run on the schedule, and is the only one I'll get done :rolleyes: My hip called a stop to the session the first time I tried it, last month, and this month I have two XC races coming up, so the plan goes back in the drawer until February when I'll start again, aiming at either the Great Ireland Run/10k championship or the K-Club 10k.

Anyway, today...
    2.6k warmup, up to Tymon Park, 6.22 pace
    Mile 1 - 6.38 (4.08 pace), 4 minutes recovery and then
    Mile 2 - 6.26 (4.00) "
    Mile 3 - 6.43 (4.11) "
    Mile 4 - 6.29 (4.02) "
    Mile 5 - 6.37 (4.07)
    Cooldown - 2.78k home, 5.59 pace

(Not much wind or hills in Tymon, but what there was was against me on miles 1 & 3) A little slower than I wanted - aim was between 4 and 4.05 pace, average there is about 4.06 - but not too bad. It was a really tough session, by the third interval my legs felt like they were made of wood, no bounce or fluidity in my run, but a useful one. I tried accelerating when I felt bad, and it worked at least for a while - it gave one set of muscles a break, but my lungs didn't appreciate it. I also realised I've been taking it too easy in some races - if I don't spend the last couple of miles in a race feeling that bad, I probably haven't run hard enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Sub 40 eh? I'd expect you to do sub 39 at least by mid year.

Sub 32.30 in Raheny is the immediate goal, and even adding those mile times together I'm too slow :pac:

12.22k in 65.24 (5.21 pace)

Easy run up and around Tymon. Pretty cold out there.

kmtd: 27.84
    Runs: 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Easy run up and around Tymon. Pretty cold out there.

Moring started off ok but seemed to get colder as it went on, at one point, my hands went numb and I couldnt grip the gel packet to open it.

Sub 32.30 in Raheny is the immediate goal, and even adding those mile times together I'm too slow :pac:

Nice, good luck, I'll be on the sidelines eating lard for the next while.

When I start running again I'm lining up with my bag of Monster Munch right up the front!

Do you have any idea when you'll be able to start training/racing again?

Do you have any idea when you'll be able to start training/racing again?

The first indicator will be when I can exert myself without facial numbness coming on, I've started taking Glutamine again which is actually used to treat fatigue (homeopathically) and the signs are positive so far.:)

Mr Slow wrote: »
    The first indicator will be when I can exert myself without facial numbness coming on, I've started taking Glutamine again which is actually used to treat fatigue (homeopathically) and the signs are positive so far.:)

facial numbness :eek:

You just need to give yourself a good slapping

• Advertisement

facial numbness :eek:

You just need to give yourself a good slapping

1. Facial Numbness
    2. Scratchy/Sore Throat
    3. Nausea/Feeling Poisoned
    4. Chronic Fatigue/Need to Sleep constantly
    5. Muscle Soreness

Fun times Ray :(

Not good :(

11.16k in 62.36 (5.36 pace)

easy run home from work. It's getting cold again, could have used a long-sleeved top out there. Running into the wind was bad enough, but then there was a brief shower of hail - not good.

kmtd: 39
    Runs: 3

11.16k in 62.36 (5.36 pace)

easy run home from work. It's getting cold again, could have used a long-sleeved top out there. Running into the wind was bad enough, but then there was a brief shower of hail - not good.

kmtd: 39
    Runs: 3

At least you can run 014.gif

8.61k in 48.52 (5.40 pace)

Another easy run, back into work. Running completely by feel on these runs, and it shows in the dropping pace :rolleyes:

kmtd: 47.61
    Runs: 4

incidentally, if any of you internet weirdos are in town on Friday the 20th, I'll be drowning my geriatric sorrows in Against the Grain on Wexford Street, from about 8pm.

until about 10pm, when I'll reach my three-pint limit

incidentally, if any of you internet weirdos are in town on Friday the 19th, I'll be drowning my geriatric sorrows in Against the Grain on Wexford Street, from about 8pm.

I won't be able to make it but congrats on reaching such a mature age, we'll have to listen to you now Granda!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

incidentally, if any of you internet weirdos are in town on Friday the 19th, I'll be drowning my geriatric sorrows in Against the Grain on Wexford Street, from about 8pm.

The 19th is a Thursday. Alzheimer's setting in already?

I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may... what was I saying again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

His party is Friday 20th. Can't believe I'll be married to an old looking 40 year old :eek:

Advertisement