Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things you could but cant do in ireland anymore?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Win the Eurovision song contest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭ Diego Young Rucksack

Being able to buy a jam cake, twenty Woodbines and a tin of treacle for a shilling.

Making girls of twenty marry men twice their age and then becoming mothers by twenty-one.

Produce children on an annual basis until you explode.

Skipping ropes, jumpers for goalposts etc. Isn't nostalgia wonderful?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

You want to die, basically? Or kill your kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

lgoring21 wrote: »
    buy wibbly wwobbly wonders....freaky foots...big time...macaroons..in the shop oh the memories!!
    The GF works part time in a small shop and they sell Macaroon's, they did have Big Time bars but they aint the good oul fasioned ones that broke your teeth!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

Work with people who sit on their hole all day waffling on with a sense of entitlement producing no value and getting overpaid.

Welcome to the dole queue - wasters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

We can't buy anymore 400K 2 bedroom houses

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Get in a good old fashioned fist fight and not have to wonder whether you'll be stabbed or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Dean09 wrote: »
    Get in a good old fashioned fist fight and not have to wonder whether you'll be stabbed or not.

Yes!!! This is perfectly true.

Kids can no longer run in school. They are not allowed to play chasing, not necessarily because of the running, but the chaser is seen as "Excluded".

Not allowed call a scumbag a Scumbag, they had the same ****ty childhood we all had, so it's not their fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

ask a woman to make a cup a tae for ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭Melted M&M

Buy Sparkler icepops for 10p and if the mammy was feeling flushed we would get a loop the loop for 20p and

getting black jacks and fruit salads 1p out of the vegatable van the mammys bought the dinner from the side door and we kids got the sweets from the back of the battered hiace van

Seeing chimneys going on fire all the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

M5 wrote: »
    get a job?

I saw the thread title on the front page and I came to make this joke. I knew it was likely someone else had already made it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I can still get Wibbly Wobbly Wonders and Macaroon bars in the local. Also jellies are 2c not 5c and they have Black Jack bars, Fruit Salad bars, Wham bars, Roy of the Rover bars and loads more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Have a budgie in prison. I guess the PS3's, Xboxes and flatscreen plasma will help fill the void. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Walk your dog off the lead up in the middle of the Dublin mountains without coming across some politcally correct civil liberties do gooder who will look at you in disgust for not having him on a lead...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wonder where to find miserable, disgruntled people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Pinky Pixie

Play conkers :p

Bring back the times when the teachers didn't care about the safety of children :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Let your dog take a Sh1t wherever he wants and just leave it there!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,973 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Emigrate (although, for you nostalgia buffs, there's been so much demand that they'll be bringing it back soon.)

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

Dean09 wrote: »
    Let your dog take a Sh1t wherever he wants and just leave it there!;)

On that note: See white poo on the streets.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

ArseBurger wrote: »
    On that note: See white poo on the streets.

Sorry for the OT posting. Best username ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭lgoring21

be shocked to see a black person in real life....will never foget the first time i seen a black man... was about 8...couldnt stop talkin about it for a week

RonMexico wrote: »
    I can still get Wibbly Wobbly Wonders and Macaroon bars in the local. Also jellies are 2c not 5c and they have Black Jack bars, Fruit Salad bars, Wham bars, Roy of the Rover bars and loads more.

o m g :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

Hold any opinion that doesn't conform to the officially-approved leftie-liberal politically-correct neo-marxist party-line!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Magic mushrooms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Berty wrote: »
    build a house without having a wheelchair ramp. I wouldnt invite a wheelchair bound person into my house anyway, they will only mark my floors so why should i be oblidged by law to build them a fcvking ramp.

:o

have a decent summer :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Be able to... play...

I can only imagine what the next generation of kids will be like, what with their PS3s, Nintendo DSs and now the internet.

I remember last Holloween in my local village. Not a bit of badness going on. :rolleyes: It was a cold night so the local kids were probably wrapped up in their sitting rooms playing Grand Theft Auto while simultaneously telling their mothers to 'shut the f&ck up' and 'bring us more f&cking coke auld doll'.

Fecking kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Nolanger wrote: »
    Win the Eurovision song contest.

So it's not all bad then. I think our "Eurovision Years" were the cause of some of the most embarrasing scenes of national pride in Irish history. It was kinda like a message to the rest of the world that "yeah, it's 1995 and we still don't get the joke yet."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Be a teacher and not have at least 5 kids in your class "suffering" from ADD/ADHD.

In other words, kids whose parents are too wishy washy to actually tell them off, and feed them a balanced diet of crisps, coke and sweets, let the child play video games all day every day, then wonder why it's hyperactive :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Magenta wrote: »
    Be a teacher and not have at least 5 kids in your class "suffering" from ADD/ADHD.

In other words, kids whose parents are too wishy washy to actually tell them off, and feed them a balanced diet of crisps, coke and sweets, let the child play video games all day every day, then wonder why it's hyperactive :rolleyes:

ADHD is the biggest joke of all time, a real sign of our generations ability to let people get away with being tits.

ADHD is simply a name some doctors give to a load of behavioural problems which don't seem to add up to anything else. Its not a real illness. No doubt there are some 'who can't help it' but speaking from experience from people I know, most just use it to their advantage. Anyone who knows anyone with ADHD will be able to back this up.

Advertisement