Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

After being on the minipill for years, I'm off it now. My periods were never regular before going on it, and I had none when I was on it. I've been off it six months and had three periods in that time. I've been doing ovulation tests most days and recording cm and temperature. I can see no pattern with my temperature. I seem to have definite egg white cm several times a month - sometimes this coincides with a just about positive ovulation stick, sometimes it doesn't. Is it normal to have the egg white stuff several times a month? I don't remember ever getting it way back before I went on the minipill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I wonder does it matter that my clear blue fertility monitor sticks are out of date... Doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

dublinlady wrote: »
    I wonder does it matter that my clear blue fertility monitor sticks are out of date... Doh!

no idea DL...I'd say they'll be less indicative but still worth a go.

I'm out again this morn...rightly fed up now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37 NordieNox

I know we are only on our 4th month ttc for number one so I havent been through as much as you girls but I understand where you are coming from dublinlady. The difficult thing is we all wait until we are ready but the hard part is that while WE are ready it could still take a lot longer for the process to happen. Friends and family all have managed to get pregnant just by agreeing to start trying which can be frustrating to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Feeling sick today, had a bleed last night for no reason with terrible pains, I'm on cycle day 13, bleed is very light pink only when I wipe really, turned brown this morning but my tummy is swollen, took a painkiller for my stomach, threw up twice since. Already being asked am I pregnant, wish I was but I just don't know... think it's time to call the GP

• Advertisement

Hi ladies can someone tell me where I can order Ovulation tests other than Amazon? AF due on Friday, can feel that I am out this month :( so I am going to start trying to properly tie down when I am ovulating next month. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Hi ladies can someone tell me where I can order Ovulation tests other than Amazon? AF due on Friday, can feel that I am out this month :( so I am going to start trying to properly tie down when I am ovulating next month. Thanks.

Several of the regulars here and on the long term thread use this site

http://www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk/

I use ebay mostly.

Thanks LucyFur - Amazon do them so cheap (which would be needed as they are so pricey here for regular testing) but the delivery cost is twice the cost of the ovulation sticks! I will try the other website and I never thought of Ebay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cheerful14

Hi all,

Am new to this forum and the whole thread/online forum thing completely so please bear with me if I am in the wrong forum or thread and any advice appreciated :-) Love to hear of any experiences with ovarian drilling, positive and negatives. How long after the procedure can you start TTC? Do you use other treatments after i.e. clomid, femera?

Having treatment for 18 months+ now, with MFC and recently had ovarian drilling procedure after months of trying clomid, femera, puregon injections, and a million scans, all to no avail. Tried agnus cactus, rasberry leaf tea, COQ10 in beginning but don't think they helped. Ovarian drilling was next option and I went for it. Due back next week to consultant but always seem to get hopes up and then nothing :-( Costing a fortune which is also v worrying as seems no end in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭cinloom

hi Cheerful. is Ovarian drilling procedure sore ?

I know what you feel, We are trying for some time now and the last few months everybody arounds us are pregnant.
    We were thinking to go to IVF but I quiete scared that it wont work.

I am trying royal jelly if you havent try. It is disgusting thought it say it would help ovulating for people with pcos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 cheerful14

Hi Cinloom

Under general anaesthetic once before as an adult, over 2 years ago for surgery on a limb, and naively thought would be similar and I be fine in a day or two. Suppose cause the procedure on internal organs and very sensitive area would be harder on body. Was sick for a few hours after the surgery and not until 24hrs later that the heavy sickness went. Also sensitive for a few days and a little sore where three incisions made for about a week.

Back to 80% normal (for me) after a week. But everyone reacts differently to any procedure and am sure lots of different stories. I know some on clomid, femera, and puregon have awful side effect but I didnt experience any at all on any of the treatments. Procedure was not pleasant and while I wouldn't do it again I am glad I had it done.

If OD doesnt work ill try the Royal Jelly, must be only thing I haven't tried yet :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Girl Incognito

Any thoughts on this ... I got a faint positive pregnancy test two weeks ago. Two days later, the day my period was due, I started bleeding, i assumed it had been a chemical pregnancy. After a week of VERY heavy bleeding, with large clots, I retested - this time, got a very strong positive. I've gotten 3 blood tests done since - hcg was 100 on tuesday, 230 on Thursday, I'm waiting on Saturdays result which I'll get tomorrow.

I know the hcg doubling is a positive sign, but can't forget about all the bleeding. I can't imagine the little embryo could escape that undamaged. Also even though hcg is doubling it seems quite low?

I know no one here can give me any real answers, I'll just have to wait and see, wonder if anyone has experienced similar though? The bleeding was like a period but heavier, and right on period due date .. Can some people get periods in pregnancy? :confused:

Any thoughts on this ... I got a faint positive pregnancy test two weeks ago. Two days later, the day my period was due, I started bleeding, i assumed it had been a chemical pregnancy. After a week of VERY heavy bleeding, with large clots, I retested - this time, got a very strong positive. I've gotten 3 blood tests done since - hcg was 100 on tuesday, 230 on Thursday, I'm waiting on Saturdays result which I'll get tomorrow.

I know the hcg doubling is a positive sign, but can't forget about all the bleeding. I can't imagine the little embryo could escape that undamaged. Also even though hcg is doubling it seems quite low?

I know no one here can give me any real answers, I'll just have to wait and see, wonder if anyone has experienced similar though? The bleeding was like a period but heavier, and right on period due date .. Can some people get periods in pregnancy? :confused:

Hi, I have no answers but hope u are closer to getting one. That's very difficult to deal with :(

That sounds tough girl incognito. Did the bleeds stop? I have read that it can happen very early on but I completely understand why you would worry. I hope things work out for you.

I'm cd 14 now but I think I might have ovulated a few days ago. I tried temping but haven't got the hang in it yet. I go two days just before I ovulated of 98.6 and then it dropped to 97 something and then it was back up at 98 today. Having said that I had to get up to my son at 6 so maybe that threw the reading at 7am?could it be that precise?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Girl Incognito

yellow hen wrote: »
    That sounds tough girl incognito. Did the bleeds stop? I have read that it can happen very early on but I completely understand why you would worry. I hope things work out for you.

Still bleeding but only very lightly.

Saturday's test showed hcg had doubled - great. But yesterday's test showed a significant drop. :(

I find it hard to understand the drop with no significant bleeding, but I don't understand how these things work.

Back tomorrow, I expect they'll confirm a miscarriage.

Still bleeding but only very lightly.

Saturday's test showed hcg had doubled - great. But yesterday's test showed a significant drop. :(

I find it hard to understand the drop with no significant bleeding, but I don't understand how these things work.

Back tomorrow, I expect they'll confirm a miscarriage.

I don't understand either so I'm no help to you. I hope you get an answer tomorrow, the not knowing must be really difficult.

I hope you are ok Girl Incognito whatever the outcome. It must be such a difficult time for you.

As of this afternoon I am out again. Someone pass me the chocolate. I know we are only trying since August and that really isnt long but it is depressing all the same to know it is another month gone. Second month of my cycle being all over the place. Went from 28/29 days normally (for the best part of a year) to two cycles one at 35 and this one 36. Any ideas as to why the sudden addition of a week onto them?

NordieNox wrote: »
    I hope you are ok Girl Incognito whatever the outcome. It must be such a difficult time for you.

As of this afternoon I am out again. Someone pass me the chocolate. I know we are only trying since August and that really isnt long but it is depressing all the same to know it is another month gone. Second month of my cycle being all over the place. Went from 28/29 days normally (for the best part of a year) to two cycles one at 35 and this one 36. Any ideas as to why the sudden addition of a week onto them?

No mine has done that recently also! Last 4 were 28. 35. 28 and now I'm on day 28 and no sign of period coming but I feel in not pregnant so another 35 day cycle on the cards! This month I'll have reached a year!

No mine has done that recently also! Last 4 were 28. 35. 28 and now I'm on day 28 and no sign of period coming but I feel in not pregnant so another 35 day cycle on the cards! This month I'll have reached a year!

I'll be 11 months so right behind you. Have my coombe appt so optimistic they'll find something that can be fixed (hoping.....)

I can't face intervention yet. Weirdly still optimistic most of the time. Will try to stay that way until the spring and then will prob have to act.

• Advertisement

Being optimistic is vital I think DL. Fair play to you for keeping that on your side!!

I can't face intervention yet. Weirdly still optimistic most of the time. Will try to stay that way until the spring and then will prob have to act.

I am more optimistic this time than i was last time and I think that is down to having a little person rather than the prospect of possibly never having children, which is what it felt like at the time.

I've had an ultrasound now which was all clear and I've also had my day 3 and 21 bloods done which also checked for thyroid, rhesus and hormonal imbalances. Next stop is to take all that to a consultant in the coombe. My periods are just so unbelievably painful that I feel there has to be some explanation. Last month, I was physically incapable of working.

It must be so frustrating not having some explanation for the pains yellow hen.

I am going to start with the ovulation sticks this month. Since I am on day 7 of my cycle I am wondering when I should start using them. I had very regular cycles of 38/29 days but the last two have been 35 and 36. Should I just start from cd 10 or so to be on the safe side in case they go back to 28/29 days?

So I'm out again after a record 23 days. Honestly, things are getting worse. So so fed up today. All my bloods from the GP came back normal, have no endo, no cysts. I have no idea what the consultant is going to say or do but I hope it's straight onto clomid....I think it's the logical next step.

yellow hen wrote: »
    So I'm out again after a record 23 days. Honestly, things are getting worse. So so fed up today. All my bloods from the GP came back normal, have no endo, no cysts. I have no idea what the consultant is going to say or do but I hope it's straight onto clomid....I think it's the logical next step.

Sorry YH :(
    I'm out too from today... And feeling a lot less optimistic... Chin up chin up chin up!

About the ovulation sticks - I would start as if going to have a normal cycle - u don't want to miss ur peak!

Sorry to hear you are both out girls. Big hugs xoxoxox.

Thanks for the help DL with regarding to the ovulation sticks. I am telling myself that this will be our month. I figure some positivity has to be better than negativity.

I'm mid cycle at the moment so hopeful for a nice christmas present yet :) My period this month wasn't even a fraction as painful as it was in the previous month... I honestly don't know what's happening my body. My coombe appt has finally arrived anyway so at least I get the ball rolling on that now.

I am mid cycle as well YH. Used the ovulation tests for the first time and got positives for two days over the weekend which I am pretty happy about! Made sure to BD with the hubby on both nights. The third night it didnt happen as I had such a bad cold. They say you are meant to BD after the positive ovulation test has faded don't they? Or have I got that wrong.

I am feeling super positive this time. Maybe it is because I know we at least were aware of my dates or maybe I am just telling myself that positive thinking will get me there and with my period due on Christmas eve wouldnt it be the best Christmas present ever if it didnt arrive and I was pregnant.

Good news that your period wasnt as painful but obviously not so good on the confusion front. Hopefully now you have your appointment they can shed some light on it for you and you can move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Yellow Hen, I'm on CD 21, would love an early Xmas present. Getting very close to 6 years TTC (March) and it's scary. Fingers crossed for you xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

NordieNox wrote: »
    They say you are meant to BD after the positive ovulation test has faded don't they? Or have I got that wrong.

They say to do it the day after you get positives but I didn't both times I got pregnant, best of luck x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement