Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Plumbers & crimping

• 14-10-2013 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping that someone may be able to help that has more knowledge than I do. Do all / few plumbers use crimping to join pipes ? It looks like a great solution but since I'm not familiar with plumbing it would be great to get some input. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

I'm hoping that someone may be able to help that has more knowledge than I do. Do all / few plumbers use crimping to join pipes ? It looks like a great solution but since I'm not familiar with plumbing it would be great to get some input. Cheers

I use both. All new builds I would use crimp but most of the time in existing installations it's as handy to use copper and conventional fittings.

I would also use copper in exposed area's like hotpress.
    I hate the site of plastic pipe in exposed areas.

P.S. I love your cartoon:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Multi- Layer or crimped pipework is a great plumbing system, once the connections are done correctly its very reliable.

Advertisement