Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 rads not heating up

• 14-10-2013 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

hi guys
    i have three downstairs rads that will not heat up.
    i have put in sludge fluid to clean the rads, i tried to bleed them, i have tried to drain down the system . after all that it is still not heating up. the rads upstairs work fine and one rad downstairs that is connected directly to the fire/oil heating (dual heating)

before i put in the fluid i had the same problem. when i put it in they started working for almost 3 weeks and then they stoped working again that's what prompted me to drain it down

any help would be great the pipes to the lockshield and trv get hot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Adding sludge products are a waste of time unless followed by a mechanical powerflush with the proper flushing procedures adhered to.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

shane0007 wrote: »
    Adding sludge products are a waste of time unless followed by a mechanical powerflush with the proper flushing procedures adhered to.

sludge fluid is not the problem the 3 rads not heating up is thanks anyway

Advertisement