Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Commuting: Carlow to WIT?

• 18-08-2014 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any services running between the college and Carlow town?

I know there are some Bus Eireann and JJ Kavanagh buses running between Carlow and Waterford city centre/parnell st but I'm hoping there might be some other company running that gets there before 9.15 in the morn? Neither Bus Eireann nor Kavanaghs, or even the train, get to Waterford in time to make those early morning lectures.

Are there any other students making this journey? How do you do it?

And if you drive, would you be willing to take on another passenger?!

Thanks everyone - I hope this was the appropriate forum to post this in!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

iamaiamai wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any services running between the college and Carlow town?

I know there are some Bus Eireann and JJ Kavanagh buses running between Carlow and Waterford city centre/parnell st but I'm hoping there might be some other company running that gets there before 9.15 in the morn? Neither Bus Eireann nor Kavanaghs, or even the train, get to Waterford in time to make those early morning lectures.

Are there any other students making this journey? How do you do it?

And if you drive, would you be willing to take on another passenger?!

Thanks everyone - I hope this was the appropriate forum to post this in!

Theres a private bus Dunnes who runs the bus from Carlow to WIT, Im on it myself but not till further down a bit in Kilkenny, im not too sure about where in Carlow it picks people up but there are a few from Carlow on it

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iamaiamai

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Theres a private bus Dunnes who runs the bus from Carlow to WIT, Im on it myself but not till further down a bit in Kilkenny, im not too sure about where in Carlow it picks people up but there are a few from Carlow on it

Lifesaver. I'll be able to figure that out now that I know there's one running. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

iamaiamai wrote: »
    Lifesaver. I'll be able to figure that out now that I know there's one running. Thank you!

Yer man running it is from Carlow and he comes from Carlow but the vast majority of the bus is kilkenny and its the only privately run bus that comes from that distance away Kilkenny included so thats the one you can look for.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iamaiamai

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Yer man running it is from Carlow and he comes from Carlow but the vast majority of the bus is kilkenny and its the only privately run bus that comes from that distance away Kilkenny included so thats the one you can look for.

Thank you! I found their website and it lists the kilkenny-WIT service. I'm not sure if they normally picks up in Carlow but there's a number and an email so I'll be able to get in touch with them!

Thanks again :)

Advertisement