Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefly

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Noooooooooooooo.........just watched Firefly and Serenity there two weeks ago for the first time...how could Fox cancel it?

the crew just had great chemistry together, and it's miles better than anything on tv lately

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭aquarian_fire

Was anyone else disappointed that there was only one season of this show? It's so good! Great cast and great banter on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭namelessguy

Yes but can you honestly expect more from FOX?

Well, other Joss Whedon series had many seasons, so it's disappointing. It had so much potential to go on, even the movie based on the show left room for further shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Great show alright, not even a season... Had plenty of background as well to develop it... I wish I could swap all those seasons of Buffy for this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭superelliptic

All I can say, is that a show with people like this, should never have been cancelled....

:D

It really shouldn't have been. It was so annoying as well that they had to cram all their explanations for things into one movie after the series too. It would have been so much better if they had given them the chance to develop it more in the series, though I guess the movie was better than nothing at all. At least it fuelled the addiction for a little bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 galwaybetty

I was really annoyed that so many sub plots were never resolved.

Why did Inara leave the Companion planet? What was the scandal there.

What was the deal with Shephards secret past?

How did Jane go from Mammys little darling to..... well Jane.

I would have enjoyed a little more background on Saffron as well, what a fantastic villain she was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I was really annoyed that so many sub plots were never resolved.

Why did Inara leave the Companion planet? What was the scandal there.

What was the deal with Shephards secret past?

How did Jane go from Mammys little darling to..... well Jane.

I would have enjoyed a little more background on Saffron as well, what a fantastic villain she was.

you should try the Serenity comics. Not everything is answered, but quite a lot is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Yeah its a real pity this was cancelled. I doubt they could assemble the same cast again though, even if it was started off again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

Don't Mess with Firefly! How science fiction fans made a campus safe for free speech

http://boingboing.net/2011/12/27/dont-mess-with-firefly-how.html

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭andyps2.5

I only heard about when the film came to UMD format on PSP. I got TV series later. It really was a great sci-fi show.

Maybe this might cheer us up.
    http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/12902

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Firefly is getting a shiny new TV special.
    To celebrate the cult-favorite sci-fi drama’s 10th anniversary, Science Channel is shooting a new one-hour special chronicling the Firefly cast reunion at Comic-Con this week.
    The special — titled Browncoats Unite — will include footage from Friday’s reunion panel, featuring several members of the original team including star Nathan Fillion and creator Joss Whedon. Plus, the cast is shooting an in-depth behind-the-scenes roundtable interview that will dive deeper into burning fan questions about the beloved series. Both the panel and the roundtable will be moderated by Entertainment Weekly‘s own Jeff Jensen.
    Firefly is a landmark work of science fiction and a favorite with our viewers,” said Debbie Myers, general manager and executive vp of Science. “Ever since it premiered on Science, fans have asked us to do something special to mark its 10-year anniversary. With this signature celebration, punctuated by Browncoats Unite, we will connect the minds behind this classic franchise with its legions of passionate fans.”
    In addition to Whedon and Fillion, Friday’s 12:30 p.m. Comic-Con panel will feature Alan Tudyk, Summer Glau, Adam Baldwin, Sean Maher, showrunner Tim Minear, and writer Jose Molina. The special, produced by Pangolin Pictures, promises to unearth defining memories and first-person accounts of making the show from both sides of the camera. Browncoats Unite will air on Science, along with an all-day marathon of Firefly episodes, on Sunday, Nov. 11.

Shiny :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Class!!! Great idea and really glad they are doing it. Can't wait to see it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Firefly on the Horror Channel - 1pm and 8pm
    on SKY epg 319/320 (198 is still a place holder really)

http://www.horrorchannel.co.uk/tv_guide.php

episode 2 tomorrow

Manual satellite tuning
    http://www.lyngsat.com/tvchannels/uk/Horror-Channel-UK.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I'll just leave this here.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Watched the series for the first time over the last couple of days and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Gonna watch the film tonight hopefully.

Also, what happened in the end to Niska? Didn't he get away after the torturing or am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I've just started watching this properly and it's a grower. I think the production values could have been higher although the cg holds up well enough (it's not necessarily the most realistic but there is artistic flair in it). The characters are very good, the concept is nice, it's a shame it was cancelled as it's one of those shows that would have benefited from a 6-7 year run. Oh yeah, Jayne is the best character imo.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've just started watching this properly and it's a grower. I think the production values could have been higher although the cg holds up well enough (it's not necessarily the most realistic but there is artistic flair in it). The characters are very good, the concept is nice, it's a shame it was cancelled as it's one of those shows that would have benefited from a 6-7 year run. Oh yeah, Jayne is the best character imo.

At least the movie is there to tie up a lot of the losse ends when you finish it.

I'm rewatching it all that the moment with my brother after getting the Blu-Rays, it's his first time watching it. He's not usually into sci-fi but is really liking it so far. Looking forward to re-watching the film at the end too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Mickeroo wrote: »
    At least the movie is there to tie up a lot of the losse ends when you finish it.

I'm rewatching it all that the moment with my brother after getting the Blu-Rays, it's his first time watching it. He's not usually into sci-fi but is really liking it so far. Looking forward to re-watching the film at the end too.

It really kicks off when in that episode where they go into the hospital, the last episode is genius, I really like the way they present the different perceptions of reality, it's really high quality sci fi in comparison to shows like Enterprise or Voyager which were run of the mill.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

it's really high quality sci fi in comparison to shows like Enterprise or Voyager which were run of the mill.
    A comment I heard about Voyager was that only The Doctor and Six of Nine had any real character development during the show. And way too much technobabble.

Syfy UK has picked up the UK rights to Joss Whedon’s short-lived sci-fi series Firefly and the feature film sequel Serenity. Syfy UK will begin airing Firefly on weekdays in the 9pm slot from Monday August 25th, with Serenity following on Saturday September 13th at 9pm

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/08/syfy-uk-picks-rights-firefly-serenity/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Firefly is the greatest show set in space ever created.... But I believe it running for1 season only adds to its legend.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/765381/Firefly-Serenity-sequel-Fox-Joss-Whedon-David-Madden-nathan-fillion-morena-baccarin

Fox President of Entertainment David Madden has announced that the studio is ready to revisit the universe of Firefly and Serenity, but only if Whedon is involved

Advertisement