Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-09-2014, 16:58   #2956
klairondavis

I enjoyed that weekend. Kildare hurlers landing another title in 2014 and Kill avoiding the drop.

What a display by Johnny Doyle on Sunday night. I fully expected Confey to beat Allenwood but you can never write that man off. Superb footballer.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-09-2014, 22:33   #2957
Nib

Kill are masters of relegation finals. That was their third in a row.

Surprised Suncroft laid down so easily against Eadestown, they were 2-9 to 0-0 down at half time. Rainbow came off the bench for them.
Yesterday, 13:15   #2958
paulie21

Kildare's fixtures for the 2015 national league have been announced:

1 Feb: Down (H)

7/8 Feb: Meath (A)

1 Mar: Westmeath (H)

7/8 Mar: Cavan (A)

15 Mar: Roscommon (H)

28/29 Mar: Laois (A)

5 Apr: Galway (A)
(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 19:41   #2959
klairondavis

Celbridge may struggle for scores if Paddy Brophy is unavailable tomorrow night. I still have a hunch that they will have enough to get past Carbury. They have the defenders to do a man marking job on Eoghan O'Flaherty and Terry Rossiter. I like how they have shaped up so far this year. They were humiliated by Moorefield at this stage last year and will be going all out to right that wrong.

Speaking of the Moores you would expect they will have too much power for JTB tomorrow night. If JTB can keep it open they do have the legs to give Moorefield serious problems but it's more likely that Moorefield will turn it into a dogfight and there are few teams in Kildare that can go blow for blow with them in that sort of encounter.

Sarsfields v Maynooth is an interesting one. There doesn't appear to be a whole lot of confidence behind the Sash this year. There's some serious talent coming through at that club but it will be a few years yet before those talented underage players are ready to make a big impact at senior level. I think Maynooth have a shout in this one. They have put up some big scores in the last few rounds albeit against inferior teams. Sarsfields will be a big step up and will probably win out in the end but I can see it being tighter than the odds suggest.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion