Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Castlemitchell into the JFC final.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'd expect Straffan to destroy Rathcoffey and Castlemitchell.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Intermediate Quarter Finals

Castledermot 1-15 Rathangan 1-6
    Eadestown 2-12 Suncroft 1-6

Intermediate Relegation Final

Kill 1-15 Robertstown 0-8

Senior Relegation Semi Final

Monasterevan 0-13 Ballymore 0-7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Big wins for Castledermot and Eadestown. You would imagine both would be a little short on the quality needed to win the championship but wins like that can give them confidence and momentum.

As a matter of interest which club has been stuck in the intermediate championship the longest? Rathangan would have to be up there.

• Advertisement

Big wins for Castledermot and Eadestown. You would imagine both would be a little short on the quality needed to win the championship but wins like that can give them confidence and momentum.

As a matter of interest which club has been stuck in the intermediate championship the longest? Rathangan would have to be up there.

Rathangan were relegated in 2003. Know that because my own club beat them in the final. Castledermot have definitely been down there longer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭ mightyreds

paulie21 wrote: »
    Rathangan were relegated in 2003. Know that because my own club beat them in the final. Castledermot have definitely been down there longer

castledermot went up in 04/05 not sure which

SFC Quarter Finals

Friday 19th Sept

JTB V Moorefield

Hawkfield @8

Celbridge V Carbury

Kilcock @8

Saturday 20th Sept

Sarsfields V Maynooth

Newbridge @5.45

If Confey win they play Athy next Saturday in Newbridge @4 and if Allenwood win they play Athy Friday 26th in Hawkfield @8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

Johner wrote: »
    I'd expect Straffan to destroy Rathcoffey and Castlemitchell.

Was at the game yesterday, straffan won handy enough 9 points in it in the end, good game

Anyone else hear the guy on Kfm call Castlemitchell Castlemichael yesterday? Thought it was a disgrace on a so called sports show

• Advertisement

SFC Round 3

Allenwood 1-15 Confey 1-14

IFC Quarter Finals

Towers 4-16 Clogherinkoe 1-16

Kilcock 3-12 TMH 2-13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Massive win for Allenwood. JD hit 1-10.

IFC Semi Finals

Towers v Castledermot

Eadestown v Kilcock

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Fancy Carbury to turn Celbridge over on Friday night, will probably head over to it. Heard Brophy is leaving tomorrow.

I enjoyed that weekend. Kildare hurlers landing another title in 2014 and Kill avoiding the drop. :D

What a display by Johnny Doyle on Sunday night. I fully expected Confey to beat Allenwood but you can never write that man off. Superb footballer.

Kill are masters of relegation finals. That was their third in a row.

Surprised Suncroft laid down so easily against Eadestown, they were 2-9 to 0-0 down at half time. Rainbow came off the bench for them.

Kildare's fixtures for the 2015 national league have been announced:

1 Feb: Down (H)

7/8 Feb: Meath (A)

1 Mar: Westmeath (H)

7/8 Mar: Cavan (A)

15 Mar: Roscommon (H)

28/29 Mar: Laois (A)

5 Apr: Galway (A)

Celbridge may struggle for scores if Paddy Brophy is unavailable tomorrow night. I still have a hunch that they will have enough to get past Carbury. They have the defenders to do a man marking job on Eoghan O'Flaherty and Terry Rossiter. I like how they have shaped up so far this year. They were humiliated by Moorefield at this stage last year and will be going all out to right that wrong.

Speaking of the Moores you would expect they will have too much power for JTB tomorrow night. If JTB can keep it open they do have the legs to give Moorefield serious problems but it's more likely that Moorefield will turn it into a dogfight and there are few teams in Kildare that can go blow for blow with them in that sort of encounter.

Sarsfields v Maynooth is an interesting one. There doesn't appear to be a whole lot of confidence behind the Sash this year. There's some serious talent coming through at that club but it will be a few years yet before those talented underage players are ready to make a big impact at senior level. I think Maynooth have a shout in this one. They have put up some big scores in the last few rounds albeit against inferior teams. Sarsfields will be a big step up and will probably win out in the end but I can see it being tighter than the odds suggest.

Have to tip Carbury if Brophy is out. Moores and Sash should come through in their games

Good start for JTB.

Listen here: http://mixlr.com/kfmsport/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Nib wrote: »
    Good start for JTB.

Listen here: http://mixlr.com/kfmsport/

What's the score that link isnt working for me

Moores 0-4 JTB 0-3. 18 mins gone.

Maybe Mixlr doesn't work on mobile.

1-4 to 0-3 now. Eanna O'Connor has 1-3.

1-4 to 0-3 now. Eanna O'Connor has 1-3.
    The one man band.. pity he's not home bred

HT: Moores 1-6 JTB 0-4. O'Connor with 1-4 (1f)

Carbury beating Celbridge by 0-4 to 0-3 at HT.

O'Connor is definitely good enough to play inter-county, whether he wants to with Kildare is another story.

0-6 apiece in Car Cel game. Brophy has gone to Oz during the week as rumours suggested

HT: Moores 1-6 JTB 0-4. O'Connor with 1-4 (1f)

Carbury beating Celbridge by 0-4 to 0-3 at HT.

O'Connor is definitely good enough to play inter-county, whether he wants to with Kildare is another story.

Seems to be doing all the scoring for the Moores this year, probably a natural forward they haven't had in years

O connor brings a different style of football that he picked up in his school days and as usually in kildare no one will be able to pick him up.

Celbridge starting to pull away. Lead 10 7

• Advertisement

Terry Rossiter has picked up a black card

Advertisement