Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What will be your WOD main?

• 29-10-2014 8:47pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What are you considering guys?

Having been a healer since release and every expansion since im considering a change.
    Ive done the tanking route for a bit soi think im ruling that out too.

I have all classes to 90 now apart from DK 80,Warlock 85,rogue 80 but im not sure if im too interested in those.
    I think ive narrowed things down a bit somewhat after a few weeks playing my lvl 90s and most specs.

Warrior
    Im not ruling out protection but tanking in general just isnt floating my boat.
    Fury is a lot of fun really enjoy it,arms feels slow but puts out some big numbers,im very much keen to play Gladiator,ive always wished for a class along the lines of a shield using dps warrior :P,will it work out well in terms of gameplay? time will tell but im hearing its certainly competitive in both pve and pvp.
    With three possible DPS specs and the option to go tank if i feel the urge the warrior is certainly in my thoughts.

Mage
    Im realy enjoying how the mage plays now, fire feels like its showing its age [if thats possible] but both arcane and frost are really enjoyable to play imho.
    Thoroughly enjoying the mage and definitely one to consider.

Paladin
    Since i may be ruling out tanking and healing im only left with retribution here which is shame.
    Having said that retri is pretty damn cool to play now,i really enjoyed my time with retri the past few weeks,time will tell but i doubt this will be my main but its one i will level to 100 for sure.

Hunter
    I was considering hunter until i played all its specs and to me they all felt too similar to the point where i found it a tad boring.

Druid
    Restoration is the only spec i really liked but as i say i dont think ill be healer this time.

Priest
    My old main of so many years,i admit to not trying shadow yet,holy and disc im just burnt out on,doubt priest will be my main.

Shaman
    Apart from a couple of dungeons as resto i didnt play the shaman at all the last few weeks,another i doubt will be a main.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Have only ever had 1 char at max level since Vanilla -- my trusty R Shaman so that's what I'll stick with!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm torn at the moment. It'll probably be my Paladin (Alliance), as i kind of want to play through the story as Alliance first, and he was my first character. But i'm really loving playing my Rogue again, and i definitely see myself playing him either straight away, or while levelling my Paladin.

So i'd say the Rogue will be my main, with the Paladin as my main alt. Then my warlock as my 3rd character.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

My main DPS will be my hunter, his role will be old content, pvp (all types), garrison, pet collecting and possibly new content (raiding)

My main healer, will either be my druid or my shaman. I am in two minds on whether to switch from shaman to druid as i love the shaman but its getting a nerf which i wouldnt mind but it hasnt changed in a long time.

I will have a couple of project chars to do old legendary content but not worth mentioning here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,247 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Main will probably be a rogue. With a palla tank and my mage as an alt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Rogue as usual -.- try get Shammy up too then maybe druid soley for farming mats for rogue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

My priest has been my main since TBC, more so now that I've transferred just it to another realm with the guild - so having just that char, and cba making a new char on another realm, safe to say I'll be maining my priest still :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I've been a Warlock since TBC launched so I'll carry it on in to WoD. Affliction'til I die!

I'll then level my Resto Shaman and try keep him slightly behind the guild curve in case we need an extra healer for raid content.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Paladin for me. Collecting Holy/Retri gear a long the way. I usually try gear them both specs well and then just level the druid as an alt for tanking.

Paladin for me. Collecting Holy/Retri gear a long the way. I usually try gear them both specs well and then just level the druid as an alt for tanking.

The adaptive gear is right up your ally so, one set that changes stats depending on your spec.

Calhoun wrote: »
    The adaptive gear is right up your ally so, one set that changes stats depending on your spec.

Would about SP classes between dps and healing - where does the spirit come from ?

• Advertisement

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Would about SP classes between dps and healing - where does the spirit come from ?

I have no idea, it's adaptive gear is all I know the stats will change selenide on spec.

You'll find that the gear will be like this.

Chest Armour
    +10 Stamina
    +10 Intellect
    +10 Multistrike
    *+10 Spirit

When you swap spec, you'll lose the +Multistrike or whatever, and gain the +10 Spirit. Each piece of gear has a greyed out stat on it so you can see what it will "change" in to.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    You'll find that the gear will be like this.

Chest Armour
    +10 Stamina
    +10 Intellect
    +10 Multistrike
    *+10 Spirit

When you swap spec, you'll lose the +Multistrike or whatever, and gain the +10 Spirit. Each piece of gear has a greyed out stat on it so you can see what it will "change" in to.

Thats bloody handy for spec swapping, I did not know that. Might go Retri for my Palla then go Tank as i hear 98-100 as anything other than a DPS is a nightmare.

You still need spec specific rings, trinkets, neck and weapons, but the core armour set will change for you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've settled on my Paladin as well now, and also probably go Ret/Prot (though i'm tempted by Holy). Will spend the next week trying to earn some gold to keep my going once the patch is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Be keeping my Warlock as my main. Playing it since WOTLK with some downtime for a Boomkin, but I took it back up in Cataclysm and have been with it since. So I'll be playing that as a main going into the new expansion.

I've fluttered a lot with alts, and after spending years playing many, narrowing it three, I'm going to focus on just two characters.

Warlock main, Warrior tank alt. And the idea being to keep the alt somewhat relatively geared up, rather then having loads of alts with low ilvl and raiding.

Who knows what will happen though, I frequently change my mind on alts, but for the first time in ages I've been consistent keeping with one alt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Kiith wrote: »
    I've settled on my Paladin as well now, and also probably go Ret/Prot (though i'm tempted by Holy). Will spend the next week trying to earn some gold to keep my going once the patch is released.

I considered pally but im tired of healing, not bothered with tanking and retri reminds me of playing whack a mole :pac:

Dcully wrote: »
    I considered pally but im tired of healing, not bothered with tanking and retri reminds me of playing whack a mole :pac:

Retribution Spec is the most boring thing I've ever tried in the entirety of WoW. You can literally macro the entire rotation to a single key [Well two really, one for Single target, another for AoE], and use AutoHotkey to spam that macro and you'd easily be in the top 3 for DPS meters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I've everything at 90 atm, ill get them to 100, then play fotm in pvp :)

btw, can you level alts with garrison?

red_ice wrote: »
    I've everything at 90 atm, ill get them to 100, then play fotm in pvp :)

btw, can you level alts with garrison?

Each toon has its own Garisson :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Retribution Spec is the most boring thing I've ever tried in the entirety of WoW. You can literally macro the entire rotation to a single key [Well two really, one for Single target, another for AoE], and use AutoHotkey to spam that macro and you'd easily be in the top 3 for DPS meters.

Prot pally has quite a lot of buttons. The difference is fairly stark.

I'm playing the same pally I've had since launch. Leveling as prot and its grand. Not as slow as I thought it would be.

Struggling to get past 10/12k DPS on my 100 Demonology Warlock. Blizzard quest rewards seem to insist on stacking me in Versatility which is ****e.

Struggling to get past 10/12k DPS on my 100 Demonology Warlock. Blizzard quest rewards seem to insist on stacking me in Versatility which is ****e.

Doesn't versatility stack damage done?

Anyone try warrior gladiator stance yet?

Im leveling my mage first then most likely my priest followed by warrior, im very keen to try out gladiator stance.

I've been doing way more than that as a shadow priest at 90 :eek:

Yup. My DPS has gone down between 90 and 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

no one mentioning hunters, are theyd ead in the water?

always preferred leveling my huntard over the rogue or dk.

prot warrior elveling was always fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Didn't Blizzard scale back the numbers for WoD? I think everyone was doing more DPS at 90

copeyhagen wrote: »
    no one mentioning hunters, are theyd ead in the water?

always preferred leveling my huntard over the rogue or dk.

prot warrior elveling was always fun though.

For me the problem with hunters is all three specs feel too similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Paladin :) Rolled alliance for the first time ever for this expansion :) Going Prot / Retri.
    Anyone here on the silvermoon server?

Advertisement