Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2 & Lightning Returns

• 23-10-2013 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭

I have begun playing Final Fantasy XIII after a 2 year absence of stopping half way. I started the game from scratch. I want to know, would I actually need to get XIII-2 and Lightning Returns after I finish XIII? Seems like a lot to go through as I had no idea there was a 3rd installment until a couple of weeks ago.

Are they any better than XIII?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

FFXIII ends quite conclusively. FFXIII-2 is supposedly a big improvement on FFXIII and XIII-3 is shaping up to be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Yea like Retr0 says, XIII doesn't end on a cliff hanger. If you liked it, then you will want to get XIII-2...same then will probably go for XIII-3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,065 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Final Fantasy XIII-2 features a tweaked version of the battle system used in the original Final Fantasy XIII. The original is one of my favourite entries in the series. I found the sequel's story to be very poor but the excellent combat system more than made up for it. As it only features 2 playable characters (Noel & Serah), you use monsters captured in battle as the third party member which is a great little innovation.
    If you enjoyed FFXIII, I'd suggest you get the sequels. DLC wise, Requiem of the Goddess isn't too bad. The rest is costumes and monsters for the arena which can be captured and added to your party.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement