Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennessee Titans Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I also should add I think levitre is significantly better than vasquez

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

From the little I've seen of Vasquez ID agree, thoughts on today?

Sammie Hill looks certain which means Marks will leave, Washington is being shopped (not happy about this) he's led the team in yards the last 2 years, replacing him for an injury prone Amendola is not good business even taking into account Washintons 4 mill.
    salary

Heyward Bey is available and worth a punt as is Michael Huff I think

Marks had one good year ever.... and it happened to be in a contract year! I don't think hes worth what he is gonna expect to get paid, so its unavoidable and I don't really mind seeing him go! I like Washington a lot but I think our team has gone stale, if britt can get back to his previous form and Wright progresses as we hope then id actually welcome a good slot receiver like amendola and a physical freak like bey. If we lose Washington, pick up those two and draft warmack our offence should be very good with plenty of pieces for locker.

We still need a couple of defensive signings. Pass rush, corner.

All in all im happy with how this free agency has gone so far!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Marks had one good year ever.... and it happened to be in a contract year! I don't think hes worth what he is gonna expect to get paid, so its unavoidable and I don't really mind seeing him go! I like Washington a lot but I think our team has gone stale, if britt can get back to his previous form and Wright progresses as we hope then id actually welcome a good slot receiver like amendola and a physical freak like bey. If we lose Washington, pick up those two and draft warmack our offence should be very good with plenty of pieces for locker.

We still need a couple of defensive signings. Pass rush, corner.

All in all im happy with how this free agency has gone so far!

I'd love to get Huff however i think he'd be expensive.

On Marks fully agree, he's the defensive version of Cookie and he'll want a lot more than what the Titans are willing to pay.

Bey would really really stretch the field i think and could be a huge asset, my worry about releasing Washington is that we have no idea if Britt will get over his on/off field issues, Wright is solid but he's not a superstar.

Having Britt, Washington, Amendola, Wright and Walker would give us great weapons and if we managed to get Heyward Bey, well we'd have a very good passing game with a hopefully much improved run game.

The aim this season has to be to stop Locker taking hits when he's passing it, if he fcuks up his shoulder again he'll be gone i think

Also been very happy.

Wilson, Levitre, Walker and Hill will all be solid starters.

2/3 more players and we could actually have a positive season!

DE is a definite worry so far, was hoping we'd sign one but also at CB there are a lot of guys on the market and good guys at that so we should be able to get someone cheap

Shonn Greene is set to visit the Titans...

hmmm... could be worse i suppose, but could be better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I don't think name free-agent RBs come any worse.

Yeah i'd rather draft a bruiser in the later rounds tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Don't worry, if you're in a situation where you need between exactly 2.5 and 3 yards and not a centimetre more, he'll be a fantastic pick up.

Don't worry, if you're in a situation where you need between exactly 2.5 and 3 yards and not a centimetre more, he'll be a fantastic pick up.

Quote for come back value if he's s**t!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Quote for come back value if he's s**t!

I think you missed the point there :pac:

• Advertisement

No i get it... but we are struggling at running back so we do need someone in those short yardage situations just to power over, hopefully its Greene, would prefer Turner!

Cookie gets 7 million a year.

Should we have paid that?

Cookie gets 7 million a year.

Should we have paid that?

I don't think so, well I'm not sure if it was a failing on the play calling and coaching or on Cook himself, but either way he has never had a season to warrant that kind of money

I don't think so, well I'm not sure if it was a failing on the play calling and coaching or on Cook himself, but either way he has never had a season to warrant that kind of money

It would have been a lot of money for "potential" but either way his performance is not longer our concern :D

Need to pick the Rams next year in Madden 14 :D

It would have been a lot of money for "potential" but either way his performance is not longer our concern :D

Need to pick the Rams next year in Madden 14 :D

I think Walker is a better fit for us than cook anyway!

time will tell, but the saving is quite good, 3 million a year would buy a decent player

Titans apparently interested in Safety Gerald Sensabaugh (cousin of Coty) seems odd.. would he be coming to take the FS spot or provide depth behind Wilson?

Looks like Greene is a Titan

3 year 10 million deal for Greene

3 year 10 million deal for Greene

Don't like that move at all. I hope I'm proving wrong.

• Advertisement

half of it is guaranteed which seems to have shocked a lot of people (including me) its a good deal apart from that i think

Sammie Hill former Lions DT gets a 3 year 11.4 million deal

Well we're being active if nothing else haha

Yeah would imagine there'll be a couple more signings anyway (hopefully)!

Yeah would imagine there'll be a couple more signings anyway (hopefully)!

I hope Amendola, heyward-bey, and one of the many talented cb's and abraham

I hope Amendola, heyward-bey, and one of the many talented cb's and abraham

Amendola apparently in Boston (has family there) but with Welker gone... he's off to the Pats i think

DE, CB and WR (maybe a FS too) long way to go yet anyway

Amendola apparently in Boston (has family there) but with Welker gone... he's off to the Pats i think

DE, CB and WR (maybe a FS too) long way to go yet anyway

If we don't sign anyone to help our secondary in free agency it indicates to me that we will go after Vacarro. If we do sign a cb and/or fs we'll take Warmack.

Yeah its likely Amendola will go to NE but you never know, NE are as tight as a ducks arse so if we are willing to pay him and if our other signings are anything to go by then we do have a chance.

Titans also sign ILB Moise Fokou

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Sammie Hill former Lions DT gets a 3 year 11.4 million deal

No way did the Lions want to lose him as you've got a decent DT on your hands there.
    Don't expect him to rack up the sacks but he's an exceptional run stuffer & is also adept at getting QB pressures.
    Hope he does well for ye. Great pro.

• Advertisement

Rumours circulating that Delanie Walker is in trouble already with Munch.

Apparently baseball caps/hats are not allowed in BSP (titans training facility) and he wore a cap during the press conference :D

Advertisement