Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

1 change for senior footballers

Mark Donnellan
    Peter Kelly
    Davy Hyland
    Mick O Grady
    James Murray
    Eoin Doyle
    Kevin Flynn
    Kevin Feely
    Tommy Moolick
    Fergal Conway
    Paul Cribbin
    Keith Cribbin
    Neil Flynn
    Daniel Flynn
    Niall Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Is there anyway to watch the match on TV this evening? Is it going to be broadcast anywhere? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Christy Ring champions in the hurling and into the hat for the next round of the football. A good Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭lorcand1990

So it's a home draw for the senior footballers against Mayo next weekend, exact date/time to be confirmed. Very tough draw but at least it's not being played in Mayo (ever the optimist!). I'm also wondering will Conleth's Park be able to host this game? Can imagine a big Mayo crowd in attendance for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Any chance it might be moved to Portlaoise?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

cocoman wrote: »
    Any chance it might be moved to Portlaoise?

What can year ground hold...mayo will bring over 10 thousand at least to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭lorcand1990

eastmayo wrote: »
    What can year ground hold...mayo will bring over 10 thousand at least to it.

Ours only holds about 7,000 (it hurts to even type that) so I can definitely see this being moved

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

I wouldn't care if Mayo wanted to bring 30,000 to the game - home should be home :D:D

Being in the Newbridge is the only chance we'd have of even closely matching Mayo numbers anyway and that is purely down to only 7-10K people fitting in Newbridge. Put it in Portlaoise and there'll be more Mayo fans there as they travel excellently and that's any sort of home advantage in the bin. It will 100% be moved but I hope Kildare try dig their heels in. We never play great in Newbridge however so maybe wouldn't be the worst for it to end up in Portlaoise.

Aside; There was great support in Longford saturday and I was happy to see it. I've given our supporters some stick for being almost outnumbered in home games by away fans but Longford is a fair travel and support for the lads was great. If it ends up in PL I hope to jaysus we can get support to match Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

John.Icy wrote: »
    I wouldn't care if Mayo wanted to bring 30,000 to the game - home should be home :D:D

Being in the Newbridge is the only chance we'd have of even closely matching Mayo numbers anyway and that is purely down to only 7-10K people fitting in Newbridge. Put it in Portlaoise and there'll be more Mayo fans there as they travel excellently and that's any sort of home advantage in the bin. It will 100% be moved but I hope Kildare try dig their heels in. We never play great in Newbridge however so maybe wouldn't be the worst for it to end up in Portlaoise.

Aside; There was great support in Longford saturday and I was happy to see it. I've given our supporters some stick for being almost outnumbered in home games by away fans but Longford is a fair travel and support for the lads was great. If it ends up in PL I hope to jaysus we can get support to match Mayo.

Yes and I agree with u...home should be home...but ya no the gaa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

John.Icy wrote: »

I think the problem is the large number of season ticket holders in Mayo, they are guaranteed a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Confirmed for Croke Park. County board sell out once again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

paulie21 wrote: »

Did KCB agree with the move?

If so, incredibly stupid to surrender home advantage. Season ticket holders may lose out but that's secondary to the actual draw surely!

Pointed out on Dublin thread that Wicklow should have had call to play in Aughrim, and that clubs with small grounds are not expected to surrender advantage if drawn at home in FA Cup to one of the big beasts.

paulie21 wrote: »
    Bonniedog wrote: »
    Did KCB agree with the move?

If so, incredibly stupid to surrender home advantage. Season ticket holders may lose out but that's secondary to the actual draw surely!

Pointed out on Dublin thread that Wicklow should have had call to play in Aughrim, and that clubs with small grounds are not expected to surrender advantage if drawn at home in FA Cup to one of the big beasts.

Season ticket holders cant lose out, they are guaranteed a ticket. I think Mayo have approx 4,000 so i dont see what other option there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Season ticket holders cant lose out, they are guaranteed a ticket. I think Mayo have approx 4,000 so i dont see what other option there is.

They've 5000. Both Mayo and Dublin's ST subscriptions are fully sold out and 5000 is the max any one county can get.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    They've 5000. Both Mayo and Dublin's ST subscriptions are fully sold out and 5000 is the max any one county can get.

In that case Kildare have no option, **** knows why people are moaning

• Registered Users Posts: 33 treble1999

Under the terms and conditions of the season ticket, Mayo season ticket holders would not be guaranteed a ticket if it was in Newbridge.

42. In the event that the number of Season Ticket holders exceeds stadium capacity the Gaa offers no guarantee of the availability of seats or entry to that fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kencoo

Croker is third choice venue after conleths and portlaoise. I see nothing but an advantage to mayo there.
    That said its better to meet them there now in june when they are traditionally not as strong as aug/sept going by the past few years performances.
    Also they have tasted defeat on numerous occasions this year and have plenty to prove for 2018. Yes mayo are better on paper but wouldn't bring the fear dublin would for kildare.

Kildare were drawn out first. Newbridge can hold 10,000 so all season ticket holders can be comfortably catered for. The match should be on in Newbridge. End of story.

treble1999 wrote: »
    Under the terms and conditions of the season ticket, Mayo season ticket holders would not be guaranteed a ticket if it was in Newbridge.

42. In the event that the number of Season Ticket holders exceeds stadium capacity the Gaa offers no guarantee of the availability of seats or entry to that fixture.

Oh right, didnt realise that. My mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Turned on KFM earlier, Clem and Tommy Callaghan having a good discussion about the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glack

Oh right, didnt realise that. My mistake.

That rule won’t be enforceable as the capacity can comfortably cater for the season ticket holders in both counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kencoo

Breaking news: kildare refuse to play in croke this weekend. How will this end?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Can't get that to open/download.

Can someone post the text of what it says?

Please and thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Fairly strong statement. Surely Kildare can't back down now after that statement? Things are going to get interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Do what happens anywhere else that demand exceeds supply - have a draw for those eligible for a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭john9876

Statement: All Ireland SFC Series Round 3 Fixture

[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif] June 25th, 2018 | Club NewsNewsTeamsUncategorized[/font]

[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]Kildare-Crest_Fotor-300x228.jpg[/font]
    [font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]Kildare GAA would like to explain the chain of events that has led to the
    CCCC announcing Croke Park as the venue for the All-Ireland SFC Round 3
    Qualifier between Kildare and Mayo, and to state that the team will not be
    in attendance, as the game should be taking place at our county grounds, St
    Conleth’s Park.[/font]

[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]It was with great delight that we greeted a home fixture in this morning’s
    draw, a fantastic reward for the loyal supporters who have travelled to
    Owenbeg and Longford for the team’s recent Qualifier successes. It is an
    attractive proposition too for team management, players, sponsors, the
    business people of Newbridge and surrounding areas, and all of the
    stakeholders of Kildare GAA.[/font]

[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]As soon as the draw was made, we were in contact with
    Newbridge Garda Síochána immediately and they were happy with the
    fixture going ahead, their only request being that it throw in at 7pm,
    given the influx of people to the area due to the Irish Derby taking place
    at Curragh Racecourse at 5.15pm.[/font]

[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]Having received the backing of the Gardai, we sent an email to the
    CCCC advising them that we would have no difficulty in hosting the fixture
    as an all-ticket affair and were already putting plans in place to do so.[/font]

[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]We informed the CCCC of the advice surrounding the 7pm throw-in, and
    advised them that the Management Committee of Kildare GAA, on behalf of our
    loyal supporters, respectfully expected that the CCCC would fix the game
    for Saturday, June 30th, at St Conleth’s Park for 7pm and we had no issue with adhering to the criteria for St Conleths Park as previously agreed with the National Facilities/Health & Safety committee[/font]

[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]We were asked to provide an alternative venue, an invitation we declined
    because Kildare are entitled to the home venue as per the draw, and were in the
    position to do so within all criteria of health and safety, and to the
    satisfaction of An Garda Síochána.[/font]

[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]The Management Committee of Kildare GAA has been in constant contact with
    Kildare Senior Football Manager Cian O’Neill. We are all on the same page,
    adamant that the game take place in Newbridge as the draw dictates.[/font]

[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]When notification arrived that the game was fixed for Croke Park, we
    informed the CCC that we would not be fulfilling that fixture, because it
    was a home draw for St Conleth’s Park.[/font]

[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]This decision does not make sense to us, as we have already hosted
    attractive Division 1 fixtures this year.[/font]

[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]There is also the concern as to the implications were Kildare to qualify
    for the so-called Super 8s series. The major selling point of this format
    was that each team would have one major home fixture. Does this now mean
    that we in Kildare would be denied that right, were we to qualify?[/font]

[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]We are not attempting to do anything that contravenes health and safety
    regulations. We can cater for the
    fixture St Conleth’s Park and it will not cause undue congestion in Newbridge.[/font]

[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]As the management committee of Kildare GAA, we have a responsibility to our
    team management, players, supporters, sponsors, businesses and every stakeholder
    in Kildare GAA to insist that we be allowed fulfil the home fixture we are
    entitled to.[/font]

[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]And we are making it clear that we will not play this game in Croke Park.
    St Conleth’s Park is perfectly capable of hosting the tie on an all-ticket
    basis, Newbridge is perfectly capable of dealing with the number of
    supporters that will attend.[/font]

[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]The Management Committee of Kildare GAA.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Cian O Neill on Rte1 news there. Will be turning up at Newbridge nowhere else.

GAA backed into a corner here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fair play to Kildare. They're having the piss taken out of them and it's about time somebody made a stand.

Advertisement