Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clean, uncluttered head unit.

• 11-08-2014 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭

As the title. Single DIN slot.

I'm fed up with radios with bright displays and silly amount of buttons (prize goes to the one on my old Clio that if you missed the volume up button, you'd end up autotuning all the staions again. Pain)

Anyway, something that has an Aux in would be great or bluetooth. Are Blaupunkt as good as they used to be?

Adelaide_130_03.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

OE stereo with a Bluetooth/aux/iPod module is what I'd get.
    I generally hate the look of all aftermarket stuff bar double din touchscreen stuff or Becker units.

Haven't had great experience with Blaupunkt CD players, the one in my 146 toasted CDs, the one in my Brava lost a lot of pixels and another one (can't remember what car, think it was a 323) had a dodgy volume wheel

What car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

The Jimny, it has a naff JVC one. The later Jimny (2006 onwards) had a double din Clarion unit which had a CD but no bluetooth/aux. The early ones (mine) had a single din radio and I've no idea what came as standard.

Usually whatever the distributor had lying around I think!

Won't the jimny take double din if you take the cubby hole/80s clock out?

What colour is the dash illumination?

Yea, I'm sure you could squeeze a double din if I remove the ancient digital clock out. The Clarion unit seems to be rare enough but doesn't have a aux in. Green dash lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

Becker make some nice units. Bluetooth and ipod control too.

558288d1313022115-becker-grand-prix-7990-becker-gran-prix-7990.jpg

Becker don't do regular headunits anymore AFAIK. Used ones are in huge demand.

Those Becker units are very expensive. Shame, they look the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Those Becker units are very expensive. Shame, they look the business.

I've a couple of them, one was expensive but the other I got at a good price, keep an eye on eBay uk for better value than eBay Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Might be a bit late but I just installed an Alpine CDE173BT, I wanted a good Bluetooth compatible unit and an uncluttered and simple to use stereo.
    The Alpine is very clean looking compared with most head units these days.
    Its also very good value at Halfords currently €129
    The Bluetooth functions are very good both phone and audio streaming.
    It only has 2 colours in the illumination, red or green.
    http://www.alpine-europe.com/p/Products/cd-head-units19/cde-173bt

• Advertisement
Advertisement