Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Yeah ok thanks. Yes I would hardly call you a liar on it as you seem very big into all of the black hippy stuff not just K Lamars stuff.

I will give it a miss and actually buy section.80 and some other stuff.

I don't really like what I have heard of Ab Soul anyway, he is more G rap than Lamar. I don't really like his style a lot anyway. But sure I said the same for Kendrick Lamar!!!! So who knows.

That DMX is pretty bad sounds like it was mixed with fruity loops by a 12 year old non hip-hop fan.

you might like it man, thats just my opinion on it. if its a choice between section 80 and control the system, its section 80 all day. Usually stuff grows on me too like lamars recipe single but i really just cant get into control the system.

ab soul is very much a hate him or love him, his content is not everyones cup of tea but he is a good rapper and has a fair few nice songs but like most hyped artists these days he's seemed to fall where it matters most his debut album.

none of them have or probably ever will come close to section 80 bar lamar himself. there all talented , lamar and schoolboy being the most talented imo but this is the 2nd album i haven't felt from them the other being jay rocks debut which was very forgettable.

also j.cole confirmed yesterday that a collab with lamar is 100 per cent happening and that they have a bit of material recorded already.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

I'm not too sure what to think of Ab-Soul's album yet, I'll definitely need to give it few more spins, at the moment I'm still addicted to Killer Mike's new lp :pac:

Track Two, Pineal Gland, Terrorist Threat and Illuminate are all awesome though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

you might like it man, thats just my opinion on it. if its a choice between section 80 and control the system, its section 80 all day. Usually stuff grows on me too like lamars recipe single but i really just cant get into control the system.

ab soul is very much a hate him or love him, his content is not everyones cup of tea but he is a good rapper and has a fair few nice songs but like most hyped artists these days he's seemed to fall where it matters most his debut album.

none of them have or probably ever will come close to section 80 bar lamar himself. there all talented , lamar and schoolboy being the most talented imo but this is the 2nd album i haven't felt from them the other being jay rocks debut which was very forgettable.

also j.cole confirmed yesterday that a collab with lamar is 100 per cent happening and that they have a bit of material recorded already.

Yeah, I might like it and I might "try before I buy" like I did with section.80 but I really feel like I should buy section.80 it is just that good I feel I have to buy it even though it was kinda sorta released as free at first?

I can't wait for that collab. J Cole makes some absolute banging beats (I am still very very so so on his rapping).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I don't really like what I have heard of Ab Soul anyway, he is more G rap than Lamar.

Please elaborate.

He is quite different in style to Lamar. Perhaps you don't agree.

Although I think I am mixing up Ab-Soul with Jay Rock and/or Schoolboy Q they are way more gangsta. Yeah I am definitely mixing them up.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I might like it and I might "try before I buy" like I did with section.80 but I really feel like I should buy section.80 it is just that good I feel I have to buy it even though it was kinda sorta released as free at first?

I can't wait for that collab. J Cole makes some absolute banging beats (I am still very very so so on his rapping).

Ye as far as i know it was released as a free mixtape at first and was available for free download on the likes of daftpift, for what ever reason back then it slipped my attention and I only ended up hearing about it as a studio album via iTunes.

I use to be big into jay rocks stuff, he was kind of the original flagship artist for black hippy. It's amazing how Lamar has just took his lead, even schoolboy IMO has a bigger buzz than jay rock. If you havnt listened to schoolboy you should give him a try, great rapper. You'll probably notice his delivery with his bars straight away, it's always on point, possibly his biggest asset.

But Ye I think you should buy section 80 too, defeintly a modern classic. Just hope lamars debut can better it or least get close.

I will listen to all of them. Literally 20+ albums in my queue easily already though. Ye I hope his debut and/or the Cole collab are anywhere near it aswel.

I will listen to all of them. Literally 20+ albums in my queue easily already though. Ye I hope his debut and/or the Cole collab are anywhere near it aswel.

Ye it's hard going to make room for new artists sometimes. For me most of the time 1st impression is everything, il give 1 or 2 songs a listen and if im not not someway interested by then that's it.

Very fickle when it comes to music.

Ye it's hard going to make room for new artists sometimes. For me most of the time 1st impression is everything, il give 1 or 2 songs a listen and if im not not someway interested by then that's it.

Very fickle when it comes to music.

Me too usually, luckily I have given people a second chance though.

Krs-One, PE, 50, Kanye and Kendrick Lamar all had either meh or bad first listenings for me so I am lucky I gave them a second (3rd, 4th...) listen.

There is just so much new music lately that is worth listening too, which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

X didn't disappoint me with this song, produced by Dre too.
    Still have to listen to the rest of the EP, if it goes along these lines it's class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

MaLLy dropped his album today. I havent heard it yet, waiting for my physical copy to arrive, but if its anything like the other stuff Ive heard from him then its gonna be dope. Free DL link at the bottom!

Even the promo videos are great!

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/05/album-premiere-mally-the-sundance-kid-the-last-great

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Andy_rse wrote: »
    MaLLy dropped his album today. I havent heard it yet, waiting for my physical copy to arrive, but if its anything like the other stuff Ive heard from him then its gonna be dope. Free DL link at the bottom!

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/05/album-premiere-mally-the-sundance-kid-the-last-great

Really looking forward to hearing this. I've had "Free on the 15th" on play for the last few days now. Gets better every time I hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

good track

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Yeah really its impossible to assess a track/album off 1-2 listens.

Big Boi's next album is gonna feature inclusions from every kind of genre, from folk to bluegrass to rock. He's working with Lana del Rey and Mumford & Sons.

Also he said not to expect an Outkast album any time soon. They are both working on their own individual projects.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.19755/title.big-boi-talks-new-solo-album-updates-on-outkast

Orizio wrote: »
    Yeah really its impossible to assess a track/album off 1-2 listens.

True, but also impossible to listen to all hip-hop and give it more than two listens each.

Well unless you are a DJ, but yeah.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Some release dates...bolded the ones i'm checking
    May 15
    J. Rocc (Beat Junkies) - Taster's Choice Vol. 6
    Killer Mike x El-P - R.A.P. Music
    Lil Scrappy - The Grustle
    Yukmouth x Blanco - Cookies'n Cream
    Krizz Kaliko - Kickin & Screamin
    May 22
    1982 (Statik Selektah x Termanology) - 1982
    El-P - Cancer For Cure
    Amiri - Vinyl Ritchie
    Casual - He Still Think He Raw
    May 25
    J. Dilla - Rebirth Of Detroit
    May 29
    Chuuwee - Wild Style
    Travis Porter - From Day 1

June 5
    Big K.R.I.T. - Live From the Underground
    Cam'ron and Vado - More Gunz Less Buttah
    Curren$y - The Stoned Immaculate
    Kool Keith - Love & Danger
    Madchild (Swollen Members) - Dope Sick
    Ryan Leslie - Les Is More
    Bigg Jus (Company Flow) - Machines That Make Civilization Fun
    One Be Lo (as Rahlo) - K.I.C.K. P.U.S.H.

June 12
    Bow Wow - Underrated
    Slaughterhouse - welcome to: Our House
    Waka Flocka Flame - Triple F Life: Friends, Fans & Family
    Wordsworth - The Photo Album
    Spaceghostpurrp - Mysterious Phonk: The Chronicles of Spaceghostpurrp
    Oddisee - People Hear What They See
    Kid Ink - Up & Away
    Usher - Looking 4 Myself
    BURNTmd - Not So Black & White

June 19
    Del Tha Funkee Homosapien x Parallel Thought - Attractive Sin
    Pastor Troy - Outlaw
    Juvenile - Rejuvenation
    KNOiota - Kno Now Or Never

June 26
    DMX - Undisputed
    Eminem - Curtain Call: Hits (Import)
    La Coka Nostra - Masters Of the Dark Arts
    Large Professor - Professor @ Large
    Maybach Music Group - Self Made Vol. 2
    ALTERPROD - The French Revolution Compilation

July 2
    50 Cent - Untitled

July 3
    Chris Brown - Fortune

July 10

Aesop Rock - Skelethon

July 17
    French Montana - Excuse My French
    Nas - Life Is Good

July 31

Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't

August 14
    2 Chainz - Based On a T.R.U. Story

August 28
    Meek Mill - Dreams & Nightmares
    Wiz Khalifa - O.N.I.F.C.

September 11
    Saigon - Bread and Circuses

September 18
    Skyzoo - A Dream Deferred

Some great stuff coming up, really looking forward to the Dilla album. What i've heard so far is ace.

not much to get me buzzing, my biggest one is lamars debut not here though :).
    May 15
    J. Rocc (Beat Junkies) - Taster's Choice Vol. 6
    Killer Mike x El-P - R.A.P. Music
    Lil Scrappy - The Grustle
    Yukmouth x Blanco - Cookies'n Cream
    Krizz Kaliko - Kickin & Screamin
    May 22
    1982 (Statik Selektah x Termanology) - 1982
    El-P - Cancer For Cure
    Amiri - Vinyl Ritchie
    Casual - He Still Think He Raw

May 25
    J. Dilla - Rebirth Of Detroit

May 29
    Chuuwee - Wild Style
    Travis Porter - From Day 1

June 5
    Big K.R.I.T. - Live From the Underground
    Cam'ron and Vado - More Gunz Less Buttah
    Curren$y - The Stoned Immaculate
    Kool Keith - Love & Danger
    Madchild (Swollen Members) - Dope Sick
    Ryan Leslie - Les Is More
    Bigg Jus (Company Flow) - Machines That Make Civilization Fun
    One Be Lo (as Rahlo) - K.I.C.K. P.U.S.H.

June 12
    Bow Wow - Underrated
    Slaughterhouse - welcome to: Our House
    Waka Flocka Flame - Triple F Life: Friends, Fans & Family
    Wordsworth - The Photo Album
    Spaceghostpurrp - Mysterious Phonk: The Chronicles of Spaceghostpurrp
    Oddisee - People Hear What They See
    Kid Ink - Up & Away
    Usher - Looking 4 Myself
    BURNTmd - Not So Black & White

June 19
    Del Tha Funkee Homosapien x Parallel Thought - Attractive Sin
    Pastor Troy - Outlaw
    Juvenile - Rejuvenation
    KNOiota - Kno Now Or Never

June 26
    DMX - Undisputed
    Eminem - Curtain Call: Hits (Import)
    La Coka Nostra - Masters Of the Dark Arts
    Large Professor - Professor @ Large
    Maybach Music Group - Self Made Vol. 2
    ALTERPROD - The French Revolution Compilation

July 2
    50 Cent - Untitled = wont come july 2nd , fact.

July 3
    Chris Brown - Fortune

July 10
    Aesop Rock - Skelethon

July 17
    French Montana - Excuse My French
    Nas - Life Is Good

July 31
    Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't

August 14
    2 Chainz - Based On a T.R.U. Story

August 28
    Meek Mill - Dreams & Nightmares
    Wiz Khalifa - O.N.I.F.C.

September 11
    Saigon - Bread and Circuses = cant wait

September 18
    Skyzoo - A Dream Deferred

DMX, J Dilla, nas, and 50 are the only ones I'm actually looking forward too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Kendrick and Nas, that's about it for me..

• Advertisement

not usually into this kind of music , but this is a banger has really grew on me very catchy.

is this fella with good music?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

New Big Shug album is coming out in July and it will be accompanied by "a hard back, 36 page book chronicling the true history of Gang Starr as told by Big Shug".

http://www.djpremierblog.com/2012/05/15/big-shug-new-album-i-m-4-eva-tracklist-cover-release-date-revealed/

Also, Shug released a Solar diss today.

http://www.djpremierblog.com/2012/05/20/exclusive-big-shug-comin-4-u-solar-diss-prod-by-reel-drama-cdq/

June 5 - Madchild (Swollen Members) - Dope Sick
    June 12 - Slaughterhouse - welcome to: Our House
    June 26 - DMX - Undisputed and La Coka Nostra - Masters Of the Dark Arts
    July 10 - Aesop Rock - Skelethon
    July 17 - Nas - Life Is Good
    2 PE albums
    Kendrick
    Game

The only stuff I am looking forward to.

new Kendrick Lamar

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Another EP on the way from Freddie Gibbs and Madlib in early June I think. Only a few vocals from Gibbs and it's mostly just beats from Madlib. Not a bad thing though. Gibbs killed it on the last EP and Madlib's beats were brilliant. Thuggin is one of the best songs I've heard in ages and Deep is great as well.

Setting up nicely for their full length, which I hope isn't too far away.

shame2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

New Kristoff Krane album dropped today. A real talented and underrated rapper

Download here, Name your price (no minimum)

http://kristoffkrane.bandcamp.com/album/fanfaronade

From 50s new mixtape, only came out about an hour ago, im only on the second track, i like this one anyway.

http://www.ballerstatus.com/2012/05/22/free-download-50-cent-dj-drama-gangsta-grillz-lost-tape-mixtape/

There's a link, im expecting good things from this anyway.

just finished with it, liking a fair few tracks on it. Nice blend and balance to it. heard O.J earlier on the iphone hated it just had a blast with my marleys and im loving it lol. this kidd kidd fella is growing on me by the minute nothing spectacular but he's become listenable imo , use to think he was terrible.

dramas 1st bit of work with 50 since he left shady after falling out with em, if 50 gets this mixtape right thats 2 bangers he's put out with the big 10. Either way a few new tunes for the gym so will do me nicely. Some of the beats 50 is using of late are quality, a real soulful vibe to them, suits him very well , defiantly on his wu sh*t with those style beats.

i expected something of this quality from X tbh, thats why i was let down by it, lamar, nas, dmx and 50 are the only albums im really hyped for this year. So as a 50 fan to follow up the big 10 up with this tape, im happy enough with it, will get a few spins this week.

n*gga no wake, no pine box, no funeral just 9 shots, take pacs 5 and + 3 4 you got 50, i love war.

• Advertisement

just finished with it, liking a fair few tracks on it. Nice blend and balance to it. heard O.J earlier on the iphone hated it just had a blast with my marleys and im loving it lol. this kidd kidd fella is growing on me by the minute nothing spectacular but he's become listenable imo , use to think he was terrible.

dramas 1st bit of work with 50 since he left shady after falling out with em, if 50 gets this mixtape right thats 2 bangers he's put out with the big 10. Either way a few new tunes for the gym so will do me nicely. Some of the beats 50 is using of late are quality, a real soulful vibe to them, suits him very well , defiantly on his wu sh*t with those style beats.

i expected something of this quality from X tbh, thats why i was let down by it, lamar, nas, dmx and 50 are the only albums im really hyped for this year. So as a 50 fan to follow up the big 10 up with this tape, im happy enough with it, will get a few spins this week.

n*gga no wake, no pine box, no funeral just 9 shots, take pacs 5 and + 3 4 you got 50, i love war.

DJ Drama was never on Shady
    your thinking of Green Latern

Advertisement