Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Terrible decision, those games are like trial games for some players hoping to get in for the league

Doing those players a disservice imo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Kerry do tend to have more lads playing with colleges then most countys but surely to god they could find 20 lads to make up a team. If they clame they wouldn't have a strong enough team to play the likes of Clare of Waterford IT things most be very bad

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

there is surely 20 players that we can pick who are available and not students.

i could pick that team ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Pathetic excuse from Kerry.Surely there are 20 - 30 players available from senior,intermediate right down to junior who would love to prove themselves as players worth looking at.

What a cop out.May be another few years before Kerry win another All Ireland if they continue with this attitude.

blackbelt wrote: »
    What a cop out.May be another few years before Kerry win another All Ireland if they continue with this attitude.

While I'm completely against pulling out of the McGrath cup and denying junior/intermediate players around the county from proving themselves, getting a chance to represent Kerry, you're above statement is a bit ridiculous tbh

Kerry will continue to bring in young players to training, blood them through the league, add them to the panel like they always have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

May be another few years before Kerry win another All Ireland if they continue with this attitude.

lol - it's amazing what a dodgy ref and the kick of a ball will do for a county's confidence.

We'll be grand old stock, and while this is a regrettable decision, the McGrath Cup has not, in fact, been the cornerstone of Kerry's unrivalled success.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Pathetic excuse from Kerry.Surely there are 20 - 30 players available from senior,intermediate right down to junior who would love to prove themselves as players worth looking at.

im surprised with u!

If that came from a cork fan we'd be thinking trolling/messing but u?

Really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Assuming all the college players are grounded and our club teams are still in competition,I still think this could of been a realistic team for the McGrath Cup

Tomas Mac An tSaor

Padraig Reidy
    Mike Maloney
    Shane Enright

Brian McGuire
    Daniel Bohane
    Jonathan Lyne

Seamus Scanlon
    Tommy Griffin-If he is giving it another year,Would need as much game time as possible to have a solid league campaign

Niall O Mahoney
    Paul Galvin - Has missed too much football over the last few years
    Andrew Garnett

Alan Fitzgearld
    David Geaney
    Paul O Connor - Could be rejuvenated after his year out from Inter County Football

Adrian O Connell
    Kevin O Dwyer
    Ronan O Flaherta

It would only be for the 1st round then any college team knocked out you could call on there players

Tralee IT

Shane Brosnan
    Gary O'Driscoll
    BJ Keane

CIT

B J Walsh
    P Kilkenny
    J Walsh
    S O Dwyer

UCC

P Crowley
    G O Grady
    JB Spillane
    P Geaney

UL
    Podge O Connor
    David O'Callaghan
    George O'Keeffe
    James O'Donoghue

There's good young talent there alright.

Dathai Casey with UCC also

PaulieC wrote: »
    There's good young talent there alright.

Dathai Casey with UCC also

Was leaving out Casey & Buckley because they might be still involved with Crokes

As with Donal Kelliher- Milltown & Niall O Se - Dromid

• Advertisement

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Was leaving out Casey & Buckley because they might be still involved with Crokes

As with Donal Kelliher- Milltown & Niall O Se - Dromid

Donal Kelliher must be close to 30 now think his time has passed for intercounty he wasn't even a regalur starter with Mid Kerry

lala88 wrote: »
    Donal Kelliher must be close to 30 now think his time has passed for intercounty he wasn't even a regalur starter with Mid Kerry

27,he is and started the county final,he was carrying a hand injury the last few months but has impressed me in the Intermediate champ & had played in every game mid kerry played up to the final.

Shame Ciaran Kelliher got injured was having a great season

Prop Joe wrote: »
    27,he is and started the county final,he was carrying a hand injury the last few months but has impressed me in the Intermediate champ & had played in every game mid kerry played up to the final.

Shame Ciaran Kelliher got injured was having a great season

Taught he was older! Still he'd find it hard to brake into the team. Yes i taught Ciaran Kelliher would be a reguler with Kerry at this sage was very good underage player

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

That is fookin hideous and is very like the Offaly crest, *shudders*, What stupidity the old crest was irreplacble and very much a part of the subculture of Kerry GAA!

Shame on the grab all association for this. Greedy Baxsters!

Why in the world should the old crest be irreplaceable? It's only been around 20 years and to be quite honest it's pretty fucking awful looking.

I really liked the old crest,didnt see the need to change it.

maincrest.gif

I think it's a bit crap tbh. The hurling and handball are a bit overrepresented, the shamrocks along the bottom are beyond twee and the harp looks like it's looming out from behind the tower to attack the dog, which looks more like a greyhound than a wolfhound.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Trigger13222

keane2097 wrote: »
    I think it's a bit crap tbh. The hurling and handball are a bit overrepresented, the shamrocks along the bottom are beyond twee and the harp looks like it's looming out from behind the tower to attack the dog, which looks more like a greyhound than a wolfhound.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by the hurling and handball are a bit overrepresented can you explain please.

Personally I really like the new crest - looks quite sharp

• Advertisement

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by the hurling and handball are a bit overrepresented can you explain please.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Trigger13222

No.

Cheers.

Does anyone know why Rounders isn't represented on the old crest incidentally?

Thoughts on Sean O'Sullivan's return?

Step backwards IMO, he was never top class at IC level, and we should be blooding younger players like James O'Donoghue instead of bringing back a 32 year old barely above decent player.

Step backwards IMO, he was never top class at IC level, and we should be blooding younger players like James O'Donoghue instead of bringing back a 32 year old barely above decent player.
    Agree with younger players needing to be blooded through

It's a step back not a step forwards imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

I really liked the old crest,didnt see the need to change it.

maincrest.gif

Kerry county board had no choice, they couldn't copyright the old crest and were losing out on all the fake merchandise being produced with the old crest due to it, they have copyright on the new one so people will have to ask permission to use it.

Found this a strange decision calling Sean back,its like JOC doesnt trust the young players to do a job for him.

Found this a strange decision calling Sean back,its like JOC doesnt trust the young players to do a job for him.

Yeah like getting Mike McCarthy back was a no-brainer because he was an excellent player, Brosnan was a stretch that's worked fairly well, I can't see what O'Sullivan is going to offer other than a barrier to entry for the younger guys.

Yeah like getting Mike McCarthy back was a no-brainer because he was an excellent player, Brosnan was a stretch that's worked fairly well, I can't see what O'Sullivan is going to offer other than a barrier to entry for the younger guys.

We are overloaded with forwards,so where is Sean going to fit in?

• Advertisement

My grand design is Paul Galvin at CB, think he'd be awesome there which would have left us down a forward, but assuming Eoin Brosnan stays on it's a non-runner.

Regardless I think Darren, Declan and Donnacha is our most balanced half-forward line, with Barry John Keane probably sniffing around Donnacha's spot.

I dunno, I just can't particularly see the merit of this.

Has he been in particularly sparkling form in the County Championship or anything?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement