Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPOILERS: We're Alive Discussion

• 31-01-2011 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭

WARNING: THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE WE'RE ALIVE RADIO PLAY/PODCAST.

DETAILS IN THIS THREAD WILL MOST LIKELY DEAL WITH CURRENTLY RELEASED MATERIAL.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW - DON'T READ ON.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

I'd like to start by saying:

1. I cannot stand Kilani. I do believe I'm coming to truly hate the ass-kisser.
    2. Datu I used to like... not so much anymore.
    3. Scratch - I hate her. She's perfect for the character she plays.
    4. The new Gatekeeper.... that voice makes my skin crawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

yeah there is something very sinister about the gatekeeper

kalani is a frustrating prick who i would not want to have watching my back

i know we havent met "marcus" yet but as he is the leader and possibly a dictator he could easily be corupted by too much power
    everyone is too cautios to give michael,pegs or kelly any information or maybe they are too afraid to.

since listening to the latest chapter ive been thinking how close to impossible it would have been to build such a secure and vast complex as the one they are now in
    is there a name for the new place? cant remember it was called anything

Backing up a bit - you have any thoughts on who the traitor was when the Mallers attacked the tower? I noticed on the wiki someone noted it was Bill as he didn't actually help fight off the Mallers and he was the one that stole all the supplies.... make a bit of sense I guess.

I wonder if the Colony is the one that took all the weapons from the 223rd's storage depot of weapons and MRE's?

And I agree - this, almost, magical safe zone, The Colony, with protective walls and relative safety seems too good to be true. I think Marcus may make the Mallers look like nice guys.

yeah they thought at the time that it was bill but he did help fight off the mallers.
    he was blasting away with his shotgun side by side with them ,michael even said this after he died.
    but it would make sense that it was him as he did hide all the ammo and michael thought thats why the mallers choose that night to attack when they were all half pissed and with no ammo.

only other candidate would be kelly as she wanted to let in the the mallers and did everything to undermine michaels authority, and latch and scratch approached the tower and came into lobby on her watch

even though now she is ok she had her moments earlier on

I thought Bill had his shotgun but didn't return fire and then got taken out by the pipe bomb but I don't recall exactly. I hope they clean up that question at some point tho...

• Advertisement

what do you think about events at the ice stadium? personally as exciting and thrilling as it is i find it hard to beleive that Z's would have a system where only the longest caputured are brought to the stadium centre to be tortured and killed.
    kind of a first captured first killed
    im not complaining as i think all these plot twist make it superior to a generic Z tale but its just a thought
    Z hierachy any opions?

Yeah that part was a bit weak to me, the arena, that is. Datu started to irritate me during that time although the premise does seem to work.

Recently we've learned that the zombies will eat just about anything, including MRE's, and we're heard reference to smart-zombies too. So I'd guess that maintaining a stable food supply, ie survivors locked up until they are eaten, is believable.

Skittles gives the best rundown on all the different Zombie types and says to, especially, stay away from Book Stores and Doctors - I am assuming these are super-smart Z's or something and may control the other Z's. Skittles also mentions that other zombies stay away from the tattooed ones.

Not sure what all that means but I think a hierarchy is sure implied. But how are the different zombies made? Thats what I'm curious about...

Here is the wiki list but nuttin' about smart zombies yet - http://zombiepodcast.wikia.com/wiki/%22Zombies%22

from what i gather im guessing the virus finds its hosts strength and mutates it using it to try keep it alive(well dead alive if ya know what i mean) and pass on the virus.
    so a big dumb american footballer would mutate into one of the big "behemoth" as skittles called them

a runner or track and field host would become a fast Z
    and a doctor/academic a smart zombie
    leaving all the normal joe soaps as normal Z's
    thats why these mutated Z's are rarer then normal Z's

now i could be way off but its a theroy

now the tatooed Z's could just be bad ass Z's maybe murderers or psycho's before the outbreak maybe prison tatoos

im guessing the tatoos are pre outbreak and not the Z's marking there leaders
    if the Z's are marking there leaders then it brings the hierachy and their intellegence to a new level

That all sounds about right to me.

I'm really curious as to the colored/tattooed zombie. He seem to be a bad man. And I'd guess they'll be running into a super-smart Z before too long...

Marcus may be the bigger and more immediate problem but we'll see.

Nother discussion point - how does Scratch know Angel? Couple that w/ his hot wiring skills and Angel was a spoiled rich boy that must've gotten into some trouble at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

FINALLY LISTENED!

The last episode was a big change from what has been usually happening. It was fairly slow and not much happened I think, apart from a one or two answers.

I like that they have included Hope (Samantha's daughter). We also heard a slight explanation about Micheal's broken arm. It wasn't the best one for myself. I thought it was a bit slow. I do like the thought of Marcus being an "overseer" type person who mightn't let them leave.
    DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Nother discussion point - how does Scratch know Angel? Couple that w/ his hot wiring skills and Angel was a spoiled rich boy that must've gotten into some trouble at some point.

I would imagine that Angel was in the military for some reason. I don't think you would generally find rich people enlisting their kids in the Army. I think he was a juvenile delinquent and was put in military school and he probably knows Scratch from his younger days and knows how to hot wire cars.

That's my opinion anyways.

• Advertisement

AndyKiely wrote: »

I would imagine that Angel was in the military for some reason. I don't think you would generally find rich people enlisting their kids in the Army. I think he was a juvenile delinquent and was put in military school and he probably knows Scratch from his younger days and knows how to hot wire cars.

yeah thats sounds ok to me, really looking forward to meeting marcus
    i have a feeling they will have to escape their new home to get that antibiotic shot back to saul

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

SUNGOD wrote: »
    yeah thats sounds ok to me, really looking forward to meeting marcus
    i have a feeling they will have to escape their new home to get that antibiotic shot back to saul

I see them going to the other Tower down the line. It is still fortified, they just need to set up something so INK can't get in again. Also they can get Hope to lead the way, she is blind now but she wasn't always so she would still know the way.

SPOILER STUFF ON CURRENT POSTING - Chapter 18 Part 3.

Angel made me laugh my ass off after he dove through the window w/ the Tank chasing him. Funny stuff - "Holy mother of Mary - and some other guy I can't remember. Catholic school was so long ago."

And Kilani actually sacked up and shot the tank as it was trying to get back up from the building collapsing on it. He also helped Angel out after he got all cut up - and Skittles saves the day w/ the truck! Bet that's not the last we see of him.

It sounds like the 3 that made it into the Outpost are screwed. Holly told them they won't be allowed to go back to their friends. Uh-oh.... Curious how she said the Gatekeeper didn't like her either. Just because she's a 'weak link' or I wonder if there is another reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

I hope Angel and Kilani get back to the tower without any delays, otherwise we'll have the story split in three locations which I don't like.

Right now, I'm not overly enthused about the colony - it's an introduction of a whole new group and mystery, which means that the writers can put on hold the exploration of the relationship with the mallers, and more interestingly, the observations of the zombie "society" based in the stadium. Hate to say it, but it reminds me a bit of the strategy of the Lost writers :rolleyes:.

But the bad-ass nurse has potential, I like the women who put Michael in his place! I can see a scenario where she's forbidden by Marcus to help a sick person (Saul) and because of her ethics decides to help the trio break out with medical supplies.

yeah the sooner they get back to the tower the better for me

it looks like as soon as the colony invests something into a new resident(fixing michaels arm) then that person is immediateily indebted to the colony.
    and the fact he is a soilder makes him very useful.
    i hope marcus is as nasty as i imagine him to be
    so when michael breaks his jaw with the butt of a rifle it will be even sweeter

Yeah I'd say its pretty obvious, by this point, that the Colony is not going to be a good place to be. Could be that we see a Maller/Tower team-up against the Colony? I dunno - have to wait and see what this Marcus guy is all about.

The Mallers are not out of it yet. There's too much storyline still hanging on them.

And they've GOTTA get Saul back up and going. I miss him.

Well Chapter 19... nice to meet ya!

Marcus is a con. Pretty obvious he was never in the military. Michael knows that too. The problem now - they are trapped and Marcus isn't going to let them go.

I do wonder what Hope spilled all over that got Marcus so pissed... urine I'm guessing? Could be something more sinister but I'm not sure yet.

Perhaps Michael takes his job offer and then arranges to get the other 2 out, along w/ medicine for Saul? Dunno - but they are going to have to find a way out one way or another.

But Michael clocking that punk guard with a shovel - PRICELESS!!! Wish he would have hit him again.

I'm also wondering who Michael thinks "He tried to warn us". I'm guessing Victor but not sure. Would not expect it to be the Gatekeeper.

Man - can't wait for Part 2 of the Chapter!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭phill106

I do wonder what Hope spilled all over that got Marcus so pissed... urine I'm guessing? Could be something more sinister but I'm not sure yet.
    Yeah, pretty sure that was the bedpan that that doc asked her to empty that knocked into him
    Perhaps Michael takes his job offer and then arranges to get the other 2 out, along w/ medicine for Saul? Dunno - but they are going to have to find a way out one way or another.
    Id say micheal has to take the job now that he used it as an excuse for the nice shovel to the face :)
    I think the medicine for saul will have hope involved somehow, maybe she is sent away because of marcus, someone goes with her, and perhaps she remembers enough about her original tower to show micheals tower where it is?
    But Michael clocking that punk guard with a shovel - PRICELESS!!! Wish he would have hit him again.
    It did rock, your man was an idiot if he didn't see that coming. As for backtalking after.....
    I'm also wondering who Michael thinks "He tried to warn us". I'm guessing Victor but not sure. Would not expect it to be the Gatekeeper.

Man - can't wait for Part 2 of the Chapter!!!!
    I think he meant victor too, he definitely seemed to be telling them all is not well in the citadel before they went in

I kind of missed there being no zombies in this episode though, other then that, great episode!

Still no zombies - but wheels are moving in The Colony. Part 2 is up and I really enjoyed it!!

Still no zombies - but wheels are moving in The Colony. Part 2 is up and I really enjoyed it!!

Me too. Im hoping that the transmitter of the colony was strong enough to be heard in the tower, but the transmitter of the tower was not strong enough for the reply to be heard

Need to get bert and co on the road, road warrior style!

• Advertisement

Whoa..... Chapter 19 is one of the best yet. Just finished Part 3 and I LOVED it.

Just in case you've not heard it yet, and yes I know this IS the spoiler thread but -
    They FINALLY make it back to the tower!!!!

also just listened to it and loved it! best episode ender of the last few chapters!
    Loved the drama at the end too!
    Found datu annoying at the end though with his blubbing!

yeah im just loving it. no Z's at the moment but thats ok

i wonder will we see a big four way battle, the tower, mallers , gatekeepers following and the Z;s

or maybe a 3 on 1 with the first 3 teaming up against the Z's
    it will be interesting to see how and when the mallers and gatekeeper are brought back into story

I'm hopin' Michael takes a shovel to the Gatekeeper like he did the guard that tazered Pegs!!! That dude's voice creeps me out... can't quite picture him in my head yet but I'm pretty sure he needs a beatdown.

Reminder this is a spoiler thread...

Chapter 20 Part 2 is good stuff. VERY good stuff.

Holy hell - I KNEW Tanya knew Saul somehow - sure as hell didn't know it was his mom though. whoa...

Still listening. Halfway through right now. :D

knew it as well, surprised she didnt go straight to his room though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

i want to know how michael got out after he broke his arm, thats kinda been glossed over....

I heard them asking the actor who plays micheal that in the we're not dead podcast. The actor himself doesn't know, director won't tell him..yet

chapter 21 "mark of the beast" out now

• Advertisement

Holy hell - Bert actually made me laugh. Chapter 21 part 3.... I LOVE Airplane. :D

Advertisement