Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Ann22 wrote: »
    David "I'm not Nelson Mandela":D

I missed that line. Was it about leanne and nick fighting?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,796 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jimi Mistry is joining the soap's cast.
    The actor will begin filming with the ITV show in September, taking on the role of Gary Windass's old friend Khalid

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The actor will begin filming with the ITV show in September, taking on the role of Gary Windass's old friend Khalid

:D I love him and he's a great actor. Hope they give him a role, not just a bit part.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Jimi is joining??

Apparently the only man you can trust on the street now is Hayley :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

What age is Gary? It seems an odd match for a friendship.

• Advertisement

Faye's daddy Tim
    gets with Sally

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I missed that line. Was it about leanne and nick fighting?

It was in a conversation he had with Tina...I forget exactly what was said just before it..Tina was asking him something along the lines of if he was going to just forgive and forget.

Faye's daddy Tim
    gets with Sally
    Rite...I can picture them together alright. Then Faye will likely be trying to split them up being the little jealous madam that she is:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Ken Barlow's absence from 'Coronation Street' is to be covered by a trip to Canada on holiday, according to reports.

Bill Roache, who plays Barlow in the soap, has not been in the show since May, following allegations of rape and indecent assault.

The 81-year-old actor, who has been in the show since it began in 1960, is set to face trial in January, though he denies all charges.

His absence will finally be broached in the episode airing on July 12.

[January date for Roache sex trial]

Ken's wife Deirdre, played by Anne Kirkbride, will tell daughter Tracy (Kate Ford) that he's gone away to look after his grandson Adam, who is recovering after collapsing at work.

“I reckon he just fancied a holiday,” replies Tracy.

Roache is the second actor to find himself absent from the show following personal incidents outside of filming.

Michael Le Vell, who plays Kevin Webster, has also been written out of the show after he was charged with 19 child-sex offences.

He too will face trial, in September, and also denies the charges.

Webster was last mentioned in April, when Sally Webster explained that he had gone to Germany to look after his sick father. [Daily Mirror]

From Yahoo

^ Took them long enough, for a while I thought Deirdre was keeping him locked up in the Red Wreck hiding :P

• Advertisement

^ Took them long enough, for a while I thought Deirdre was keeping him locked up in the Red Wreck hiding :P

I know I was thinking Finally... he must be gone out of it three weeks at this stage, or maybe Roy kidnapped him while sleepwalking ;) and can't remember where he hid him.

Whats with the dirty vest on Faye? Was she supposed to have been up the chimney or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Love the way they can just let themselves in to other people's flats

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Chucken wrote: »
    Whats with the dirty vest on Faye? Was she supposed to have been up the chimney or something?
    She must have been in the bog!

Wish she'd stay up a chimney

I thought Anna would be around breaking down the flat door when she heard Faye was stealing

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I thought Anna would be around breaking down the flat door when she heard Faye was stealing
    Anna doesn't know yet does she?

casio4 wrote: »
    Anna doesn't know yet does she?

No. Owen went straight from outside the corner shop to the flat. Who was minding the shop while Sophie was away? :D

No. Owen went straight from outside the corner shop to the flat. Who was minding the shop while Sophie was away? :D

Sunitas Ghost :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Mary was still in the shop, wasn't she?

The whole thing is a bit ridiculous, don't understand how Anna can go a few days without seeing her daughter and not worry...

Faye's vest was ridiculous. You could wear one for a year and not change it and it wouldn't be that dirty. Where is all the dirt coming from???
    I don't understand why she didn't stay with Anna while Tim was away. Was she afraid she wouldn't be allowed back to stay with him when he returned? Very annoying the way she didn't tell Eoin that Tim had told her to stay with Anna. (He should've doubled checked alright but that oversight is prob coming from his inexperience in minding kids).

Oh and how come Sophie was so unsympathetic to an obviously hungry child? So out of character, isn't she supposed to be a 'Christ ee ann?':rolleyes: Then she couldn't wait to blab to Eoin that she was shoplifting:confused:. (Mary is so good with kids).

What is Emily at giving Norris her house:confused:? She never has a good word to say about him. She irritates me, the miserable old bag...all she does is raise her eyes and tut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Faye's vest was ridiculous. You could wear one for a year and not change it and it wouldn't be that dirty. Where is all the dirt coming from???
    I don't understand why she didn't stay with Anna while Tim was away. Was she afraid she wouldn't be allowed back to stay with him when he returned? Very annoying the way she didn't tell Eoin that Tim had told her to stay with Anna. (He should've doubled checked alright but that oversight is prob coming from his inexperience in minding kids).

I know Tim is new to this parenting thing, but would he not ring Anna during the week to see how Faye was getting on?

Why the flip has Faye landed Tim in it? Tim will get blind sided by Owen. It will be like "Hiya Owe<WHACK!>

What is Faye doing with that shirt? Its getting progressively dirtier everyday.

What is Emily at giving Norris her house:confused:? He never has a good word to say. He irritates me, the miserable old bollox...all he does is raise his eyes and gossip.

FYP. I detest Norris. Such a pathetic little man. After stealing the DVDs, Emily should have evicted him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,188 ✭✭✭jos28

What is Emily at giving Norris her house:confused:? She never has a good word to say about him. She irritates me, the miserable old bag...all she does is raise her eyes and tut.

The bould Norris is doing well from the women in his life. Rita gave him half her shop when he moaned about not being a part of the business and now Emily just gives him HER house. And he is so nastly and vile, it's not as if he has been nice to them or that he is a Superstud ! Ridiculous !
    Norris must have a fortune squirreled away. He owned a house with his wife, where did he share of that go.

What was the other story line a few years ago with Norris looking for Emilys will? Anyone remember?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

I like Norris but I can't stand Emily, she never stops moaning.

syklops wrote: »
    I know Tim is new to this parenting thing, but would he not ring Anna during the week to see how Faye was getting on?

FYP. I detest Norris. Such a pathetic little man. After stealing the DVDs, Emily should have evicted him.

Yeah he should've rang to be sure! He's thoughtless and unreliable and Faye shouldn't be in his care at all. I'd imagine there's quite a number of 'father's' gadding about who wouldn't dream of checking up on their kids when they're away anywhere..'ah shure they'll be grand':rolleyes:. I suspect he knows well Faye would be better off with Anna...but doesn't want to say it to her.

Tbh I didn't absorb half of what happened over Emily and the flowers and Norris. I sort of disappeared into the world of this forum when all that was going on:o. What happened with the DVDs?

syklops wrote: »

I dislike this mean old codger too but she wears me...can't think what she adds to the show or ever did.

Has David given up working in the Salon and minding Max now he is on his revenge mission :rolleyes: constantly now in Nick's Bistro or walking around the street or in the pub or café

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Did Gail's ex not get Emily's house in one of those cash equity plans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I dislike this mean old codger too but she wears me...can't think what she adds to the show or ever did.

She was a good foil to dear old Mavis when she was around.

Mavis was gas craic. As was Reggie Holdsworth. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

I often think that Emily must have taught Dev everything he knows! :rolleyes: No danger of her ever winning an Oscar anyway!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement