Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NYC marathon - the city, day after?

Options
  • 24-08-2015 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Bit of a non-running question, related to the above.

Can anyone who ran this advise on what the city is like the day after?
    I'm trying to price a surprise trip for my wife and we hit new york first, for two nights.

We arrive the day after the marathon, for a two night stay?

Any restrictions, etc? Or would it just be business as usual.
    Hope this os ok here Mods.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Hooked wrote: »
    Hi all

Bit of a non-running question, related to the above.

Can anyone who ran this advise on what the city is like the day after?
    I'm trying to price a surprise trip for my wife and we hit new york first, for two nights.

We arrive the day after the marathon, for a two night stay?

Any restrictions, etc? Or would it just be business as usual.
    Hope this os ok here Mods.

Thanks in advance

Business as usual, the only marathon related stuff on a Monday is the shop on tavern on the green in Central Park. That and the dismantling of the finish area.
    This was 2009 mind so may have even moved the shop since.
    I was happy to go there anyway given the Ghostbusters links ☺

Anyhow, to answer your question. Plan as if there was nothing the day before, city is as manic as ever on the Monday.

Advertisement