Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Anyone know of places recruiting part time in the City for the Summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Sign on the road outside Bolands garage on the cork road looking for mechanics apply inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TheVandal

Hiya folks. There's a job going for a marketing assistant in Access I.T. Ltd.

Click me!

http://accessitltd.ie/hiring/

"Access I.T. Ltd. is a non-for-profit community based Information Technology Company that offers a variety of IT training programmes. We are currently recruiting a part-time Marketing Assistant who will work in the following key performance areas: work alongside our current Marketing Person to promote the centre. Identify, initiate and develop links with potential clients. Actively market and support the development of the Centre through Social Media and help to develop and maintain our Website. This is a great opportunity for the right person to gain practical experience with a well-established company. Be a good communicator, with strong I.T. skills, have a good working knowledge of Social Media and skills in WordPress would be an advantage."

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Sign in Kellys shop looking for staff. Manager and shop assistants.

madfcuker wrote: »
    Sign in Kellys shop looking for staff. Manager and shop assistants.

Whereabouts is kellys shop located?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Whereabouts is kellys shop located?

On the quay just up from aib bank it closed a few months ago but is being reopened as womans clothes shop i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

The new restaurant opening In Ardkeen have a Facebook page started and are looking for staff. It's under Loko on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭deadybai

sillysocks wrote: »
    The new restaurant opening In Ardkeen have a Facebook page started and are looking for staff. It's under Loko on Facebook.
    can you post a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Not sure if it'll work because I'm on my phone but https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=669190753148840

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TheVandal

sillysocks wrote: »
    Not sure if it'll work because I'm on my phone but https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=669190753148840

Non Mobile link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/loko/669190753148840

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Golden disks have a sign up for full-time staff. Enquire within

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

Ardkeen Quality Food Stores have notices up looking for Deli/Kitchen Assistant.

http://www.ardkeen.com/Home.aspx?SID=18&SSID=82

Doylers wrote: »
    Golden disks have a sign up for full-time staff. Enquire within

Im wondering does summer work qualify in that particular job description

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NaNaNa1

O Brien's sandwich bar are looking for someone. Topshop are also looking for a part time sales assistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Im wondering does summer work qualify in that particular job description

I've worked there at Christmas and enquired about it, its full time from August/September on is what I was told, as I'm in college it doesn't suit me very much!

I've worked there at Christmas and enquired about it, its full time from August/September on is what I was told, as I'm in college it doesn't suit me very much!

Oh I see, well doesnt really suit me either as Im in college too so full time for the summer is the best I could do too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Local company looking for a HGV driver to cover holiday work etc over the summer months. All local work and 9 hour shifts.

Must hold a current valid drivers licence for class E & C with no points and must also have at least 4 driver CPC's complete and hold a drivers digital tachograph card.

Must be able to prove work history and provide references.

Please pm me here.

Anyone hear anything about summer work, getting a bit desperate at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Anyone hear anything about summer work, getting a bit desperate at this stage

Try Hasbro, you never know your luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Kizzles

That job in Golden Discs is gone unfortunately :( Went in yesterday with my CV and they said the position has been filled, left it too late I suppose! Does anyone know how to apply for a job in the new Peacocks store that's going in where A Wear used to be? All the links I find online are dead and when I emailed them they said all the jobs are handled by the store manager and to drop my CV into the store. I don't think it's open yet though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Kizzles wrote: »
    That job in Golden Discs is gone unfortunately :( Went in yesterday with my CV and they said the position has been filled. Does anyone know how to apply for a job in the new Peacocks store that's going in where A Wear used to be? All the links I find online are dead and when I emailed them they said all the jobs are handled by the store manager and to drop my CV into the store. I don't think it's open yet though?

Interviews were held about three weeks ago so think they may be gone?
    They had a full week of interviews :/

Interviews were held about three weeks ago so think they may be gone?
    They had a full week of interviews :/

Ahh flip :( I dunno how I don't hear about these things, online every day looking for jobs. Time to step up my game I suppose :P

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Ahh flip :( I dunno how I don't hear about these things, online every day looking for jobs. Time to step up my game I suppose :P

Maybe hand in a cv into Jane Norman / Edinburgh WM .. the interviews were held in JN but Cvs were to be handed in EWM ... not opening till end of summer so maybe?

Maybe hand in a cv into Jane Norman / Edinburgh WM .. the interviews were held in JN but Cvs were to be handed in EWM ... not opening till end of summer so maybe?

Oh really? Excellent, I'll chance it. Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

That job in Golden Discs is gone unfortunately :( Went in yesterday with my CV and they said the position has been filled, left it too late I suppose! Does anyone know how to apply for a job in the new Peacocks store that's going in where A Wear used to be? All the links I find online are dead and when I emailed them they said all the jobs are handled by the store manager and to drop my CV into the store. I don't think it's open yet though?

As far as I know all staff have been hired for the store now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Brandon house hotel in New Ross is looking for a commis chef

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Have mentioned before all the internships for Waterford on the Fas website but it's spiraling out of control now!!
    Every second job on it is an internship including one for a garage that sell and deal with tractors and other agricultural machinery.
    Wanting somebody to change tyres and learn other bits aswell all for a measly €50 a week.
    Two others I saw are well known companies in Waterford too.
    I am completely against these jobsbridge/internships as you not guaranteed to be kept on for a proper wage/salary.

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭Nuts102

STIG83 wrote: »
    Have mentioned before all the internships for Waterford on the Fas website but it's spiraling out of control now!!
    Every second job on it is an internship including one for a garage that sell and deal with tractors and other agricultural machinery.
    Wanting somebody to change tyres and learn other bits aswell all for a measly €50 a week.
    Two others I saw are well known companies in Waterford too.
    I am completely against these jobsbridge/internships as you not guaranteed to be kept on for a proper wage/salary.

Rant over.

STIG unfortunately if you want work you either need to know somebody or do an internship.

When i was looking last year their were a few jobs advertised. The place i worked closed down a few months ago and i couldn't believe the difference since last year. Nearly every job advertised now is an internship or a CE Scheme. It is getting worse and will continue to get worse unless something is done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Lad's did anybody hear anything about a new factory opening in the estate. My Aunty said it to me but i didn't get a name hoping to get a C.V. in early.

Advertisement