Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Next run...(apologies for the delay)

• 11-08-2009 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I said last week I'd organise the next run. Apologies I haven't been physically near the interweb in recent times except in a work context and they don't take kindly to such activities.

Anyways i was thinkin about it and maybe in the interests of fairness it would be best to alternate between week day and weekend bike runs so everyone has a chance to come along. In which case vote for a Wednesday.

On the other hand, (and in the interests of unfairness) voting for a weekend run means we get to go to new and sexy and far away locations, like Wexford for example........Ok well it lets us head to new locations anyways.

So if you want to be selfish and ruthless vote for a weekend date.

I'll pop up a route when it becomes apparent whether the majority of you are nice and thoughtfull or mean and self-serving. But if anyone has any suggestions in the meantime I'd be glad to have this crushing responsibility off my back.

On a personal note, this is all quite academic for me, as I dunno if I'll be back on the road in the meantimes. Ah well..... :rolleyes:

P.S. i've never done a poll before so hope this all works out.....

What date suits best? (multiple choice) 39 votes

Saturday August 15th
    0% 0 votes
    Sunday August 16th
    15% 6 votes
    Wednesday August 19th
    15% 6 votes
    Saturday August 22nd
    15% 6 votes
    Sunday August 23rd
    12% 5 votes
    Wednesday August 26th
    23% 9 votes
    Thursday August 27th
    12% 5 votes
    I dispute the legitimacy of this poll and choose to spoil my vote by picking an irrelevant option
    5% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

N.Cat I'm both shocked and appauled at your blatent disregard for other people's time. I've been logging on every 30 mins for the last 6 months waiting for you to organise something. This simply is not acceptible. And yes I think wexford = sexy. Then again, I have a thing for Donkey's, so like I said on a rideout once, please ignore me whenever possible:P

As regards a spin, I'm flexible as a contortionest, just once I can keep up with everyone!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

As regards a spin, I'm flexible as a contortionest,QUOTE]

nice. You truly are sexier than Wexford, Donkey.

(but not the Gorey part)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Nice, you reading my mind? Literally just logged on here to post this exact topic :D

Anyway, I chose every option except Thursday :D

In other news, did you fix your bike? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I voted "Sunday August 23rd" because I'll be back from abroad and will hopefully have my bike back!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Was thinking a shortish Wednesday evening run would be good. :D

But, then again, a nice long run to Wexford would be enjoyable too. :D

n.cat - did you put petrol in your bike yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

As always, i am tied to weekdays.

VOTE WEEKDAYS your tree demands it

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I don't mind just ler us know what the plan is and I'll do my best to make it!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

My bike gets her service on Friday. This would be a good excuse for a bit of a run in. And I cleaned her last week, so no better time for me to turn up.

Tree wrote: »
    As always, i am tied to weekdays.

VOTE WEEKDAYS your tree demands it

LOOK!!! O_O A talking tree!!!!!

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Wow so it's neck and neck between selfish weekenders and noble weekdayers...

P.C. wrote: »

n.cat - did you put petrol in your bike yet?

Nope still workin on how to open up the fuel tank ;)

Gonna pick up a rec/reg from Bikeworld on Saturday-gonna be a bit tricky actually replacing it though. Think I'm gonna have to take off the swingarm to get access with all that that entails....

Also this is all going on the assumption that the rec/reg is the problem (although the connecter does look kinda messed up)

Also that nothing else has gotten messed up (but battery seems fine according to multimetre anyways)

All in all don't be suprised if I'm still grounded this time next week! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I voted for wednesday & sunday - would people come to both??

jameshayes wrote: »
    I voted for wednesday & sunday - would people come to both??

Now there's a though....

Even if it means splitting the vote-I could do up two routes, one for a midweek run, and one to Wexford. (or even somewhere better)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Prob can't do a mid-week rideout but weekend sounds good

Now there's a though....

Even if it means splitting the vote-I could do up two routes, one for a midweek run, and one to Wexford. (or even somewhere better)

Ah come on now, what's better than Wexford? Well, maybe a cup of tea, but in all seriousness you can't be drinking tea every day of the week!

I say we plan a nice casual spin for this coming Wed - 19th.

I vote for a South side spin.

Meet somewhere at 6ish, and try and leave at 6:30pm.

Ant sugestions on a route?

If I find the energy, I will post a route tomorrow. :D

I hope the weather holds.

Wed won't work for me. It's the queen's bday (gf). If the sat still goes ahead, Ill manage that one.

Ha it's my birthday too! :p

Can't make this week at all, maybe next week if something is happening..

IF it is not raining, would anyone like to join me.

Was thinking of going to Bray, just to see how far it is. :D

Here is the Route

Would do, but my bike is out of action again.

• Advertisement

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Would do, but my bike is out of action again.

Sorry to hear that. :(

Hopefully you will have it on the road again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

Can't make it (damn work). One day I will make one of these runs.

Sorry to hear that. :(

Hopefully you will have it on the road again soon.

cheers, had to replace chain & sprockets and fork seals anway, so its not too much bother to replace the twisted handlebars, broken mirror, broken indicators and bent gear linkage while I'm at it :P

Gonna stick a dark flyscreen on it as well :cool:

cheers, had to replace chain & sprockets and fork seals anway, so its not too much bother to replace the twisted handlebars, broken mirror, broken indicators and bent gear linkage while I'm at it :P

Gonna stick a dark flyscreen on it as well :cool:

Did you go round a roundabout too fast again? :D

I want to see what your bike looks like with the flyscreen on.

Did you go round a roundabout too fast again? :D

I want to see what your bike looks like with the flyscreen on.

Lets just say my bike had an argument with a gravel covered corner on a main road :pac:

The road won :o

Lets just say my bike had an argument with a gravel covered corner on a main road :pac:

The road won :o

You OK?

Hate that gravel. :eek:

You OK?

Hate that gravel. :eek:

Ah, sore knees and shoulder, I've had worse :p

Jesus everyone is getting injured! Or just kamakazi... Would you not think about changing your driving habits at this stage?!?!?

Doesn't look like its gonna be a full crew for this spin, but Ill do my best to manage one this weekend if that is decided upon.

Now... I must be playing Left 4 Dead too much cos I keep thinking I hear zombies outside my window...:confused:

Due to this, I will not be going riding this evening. :o

And, I am a bit lazy today. :P

• Advertisement

Jesus everyone is getting injured! Or just kamakazi... Would you not think about changing your driving habits at this stage?!?!?

blasphemy :p

Advertisement