Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flogging Molly Irish Tour - July

Options
  • 18-05-2005 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭

*** 05.07.05 FLOGGING MOLLY + Support, Roisin Dubh, Galway
    *** 06.07.05 FLOGGING MOLLY + Support, Cruiscin Lan, Cork
    *** 07.07.05 FLOGGING MOLLY + Support, Limelight Belfast
    *** 09.07.05 FLOGGING MOLLY, Oxegen Festival, Naas

www.floggingmolly.com

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

So instead of a Dublin gig they're playin fúckin shítnness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Ugly Dead Boy

I hate this miserable excuse for a festival....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

well if they bring in a few more acts like this it could shape up to be a pretty good fest

Yeah. They learned after Less Than Jake that punk bands attract "rough" crowds. There's no point in trying to make a festival appeal to everyone. It already sells out with all the shíte dance and pop that they book. There just isn't a big enough punk scene in Ireland to warrant them putting any cash behind getting bands over for this crap. I'm planning on heading to Reading. Purely for NOFX.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Damn it! Why can't they play a real gig in Dublin?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

dregin wrote:
    Yeah. They learned after Less Than Jake that punk bands attract "rough" crowds. There's no point in trying to make a festival appeal to everyone. It already sells out with all the shíte dance and pop that they book.

Ah in fairness, they've got the whole Irish thing going on.

I wager that Flogging Molly will play a club show in Dublin on the 9th, night before Oxegen. Hopefully in some small pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Hopefully somewhere I'll get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

dregin wrote:
    Yeah. They learned after Less Than Jake that punk bands attract "rough" crowds. There's no point in trying to make a festival appeal to everyone. It already sells out with all the shíte dance and pop that they book. There just isn't a big enough punk scene in Ireland to warrant them putting any cash behind getting bands over for this crap. I'm planning on heading to Reading. Purely for NOFX.
    NOFX lol they are but a "fast" pop band
    Molly and Jake both **** too, esp Jake
    Blood or Whiskey are better then Molly if you into that type of music btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Yeah I agree NOFX are bent. What punk scene are you into? lol

Not sure if you being sarcastic so you talking to me or Dregin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

No sarcasm and not for you

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Ah now Blood Or Whiskey aren't all that... Flogging Molly are way better, and Less Than Jake are great for the genre they're in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Ah now Blood Or Whiskey aren't all that... Flogging Molly are way better, and Less Than Jake are great for the genre they're in
    They're quite different. Flogging Molly play fast trad music. Blood Or Whiskey play punk with trad instruments. Well... something like that. I think Blood Or Whiskey are far better. Less Than Jake are good enough when they stay away from ska. They have some good poppy punk songs, but anything they've done with trumpets is ****e, imo.

Word. I don't know much Blood or Whiskey, but what I have heard is alot better than most Flogging Molly stuff. Ah Less than Jake at Witnness a few years back was absolutely deadly. I don't mind their brass stuff at all. They've gotten pretty shiíte in the last while though.

Well Someone said Jake are better whjen they stay away from brass and are pop punk, to me would rather have brass then pop punk, pop punk is diluting Punk rock.
    I hate ****ing punk pop

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭acri

Haha! Simple Plan are considered punk. What a world we live in....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I live in Dublin, but me and a few friends are following them from Galway to Cork. Cannot ****ing wait - 2 days of utter mayhem!!

About Blood & Whiskey, I never really liked them. The lead singer puts me off them hugely for some reason, they don't have much trad going on except throwing in a few trad instruments, if you know what I mean.

Less Than Jake are fan****ingtastic. I haven't listened to them much in a good while, but I used to be really into them. Whoever says they sound shíte without the ska element doesn't know what they're talking about - they wouldn't be LTJ without the brass. It's what makes them.

EDIT: Anyone have any idea who the support will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Anarchist wrote:
    NOFX lol they are but a "fast" pop band
    Molly and Jake both **** too, esp Jake
    Blood or Whiskey are better then Molly if you into that type of music btw

They're completely different, most molly songs are based around the accordian, not sure BOW even have an accordian player

Yes, they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Well as I said I wan't sure, it's not all too prominent on the album I have anyway.

Flogging Molly to me sound like a greenday type outfit who use accordian as a focal point of their sound, blood or whiskey sound like older style punk with banjo and whistles differenciating them from other similar bands. Just saying they can't really be compared.

Overall I'd personally prefer molly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement