Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tasty breakfast cereal

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Honey-Nut Cheerios FTW. Or else Special K Red Berries.

/drools on keyboard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

~nop~ wrote:
    LUCKY CHARMS!!!

Shreddies and rice krispies are also the business. I only ever eat cereal in the evening though, don't know why.
    sssh don't mention Lucky Charms....i wan em :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Sangre wrote:
    As a general rule: any Kellogs/Nestle cereal is full of sugar and/or processed carbs, including the 'healthy' ranges. Steer clear if you actually intended on eating something in morning.

Porridge + raisins + honey = delicious and nutrious.

So true! That Kellog's stuff is rubbish...nothing in it but energy, and any of the vitamins and sh!te that they harp on about has to be added...the ads for Kellog's on the telly drive me mental!!!

Nonetheless, I do eat the ol' coco pops for brekkie nowadays...but I have my reasons...

Tried the museli thing (the tropical kelkin stuff is delish) but found it really hard to digest. Then I tried the porrige thing: same result. Would love to be able to eat something decent other than easily-digestible-brown rice-based-sludge for breakfast-has anyone tried Spelt museli?

And as for Lucky Charms, Fallon and Byrne on Exchequer St. have them, but for about 8e a box. Worth it on the special occasions without a doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,046 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Porridge with some sort of mixed seeds - sunflower, sesame, pumpkin etc - and giant sultanas. I also make it with half and half soy milk (Tesco's cheap one, best flavour and, er, cheapest) and pour on soy milk. No sugar, you don't need it with the big sultanas.

Very disappointed with Oatibix, it soaks up milk so fast you end up eating rather flavourless sludge, the minis are better but not enough to bother with.

Advertisement