Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tasty breakfast cereal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I was once at a house party and the guy was American, we were looking in his presses for food in the early hours of the morning. Lo and behold, massive box of lucky charms. Given their untouchable reputation I immediately opened the box, and just poured in a carton of milk.

took one bite, bleugh, the cereal was definately not gone off or anything because my other friend thought they were amazing, me, I found them rather rank

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Cremo wrote:
    months?

you're saying that like you can still buy them here (can you?)

it's been like a decade since i had these.

Ruu was kind enough to illegally import me a stash a while back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

either Crunchy Nut Cornflakes or Rice Crispies yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Porridge with a scoop of muesli for me.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 missgiggles

If I'm not having porridge, Fruit 'n' Fibre or Sultana Bran are my favourites.

I started regressing to childhood recently and bought a packet of Start & Crunchy Nut Cornflakes, it seemed like a good idea but they are too sweet to eat in the mornings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Sauce

Chocolate Weetabix Minis or Honey and Nut Weetabix Minis. *drool*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Sainsbury own brand luxury muesli....about 30-35% nuts, 20% fruit and the rest oats/wheat/bran....probably full of salt and sugar but who gives a f*ck?
    It tastes good...sick of all the healthy eating nazis who think salt and sugar are crystalised forms of arsenic or cyanide...

Jordan's maple pecan crunch of a weekend morning too.
    Weetabix when I'm not so flush...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

I usually have kelkin muesli or kellogs all bran with chopped bananas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

If you're really looking for something healthy then I'd say a mixture of chopped fruits with yoghurt would be good.

My breakfast of choice would probably be Special K, original mind, I agree with whoever said the red berries one is disgusting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Wheetabix or cornflakes. But if you want healthy syou should never add sugar to your cereal as there is already quite alot of sugar in cereal.
    Never had lucky charms so cant comment. (there the ones with the marshmallows ya?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I love that Crunchy Nut stuff with the chocolate bits in it. I know it's not the most nutritious kick start to a day but we all have out treats

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

besty wrote:
    I love that Crunchy Nut stuff with the chocolate bits in it. I know it's not the most nutritious kick start to a day but we all have out treats
    Crunchy Nut Feast with Chocolate Curls ......mmm so good...more like a dessert really, but hey!! you may as well have something to look forward to to make you get out of bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Those kinda oat/grain cluster things with the strawberry pieces in them... Can't remember the name

Also love me some Just Right, mini fruit n nut weetabix, Nesquik... and Golden nuggets for my hangovers. I take soya milk in my cereal, makes them sweeter, and healthier.

We have tons of Rice Krispies in my house cos I've developed a rice krispie bun fad over halloween, make em every weekend with smarties n mint flavouring in them. I'm a big kid! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Wheatabix, Wheatabix and more Wheatabix!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭JimmNeutron

Ive started to really like porridge lately but there is only one way to eat it. A handful of raisins and plenty of maple syrup followed by a nice banana and a glass of ice cold innocent smoothie....mmmmmm.
    The only reason to get out of bed in the morning.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Are you me?

I have porridge too, but I found that maple syrup was too sweet with it. At the moment I'm having raisins, cinnamon and a sprinkling of brown sugar. It's also nice to stir berries into it.

There's a porridge bar over here, basically take-away porridge. They do loads of flavours, like cranachan (raspberries, roasted oats, cream and a raspberry coulis type thing), white chocolate and hazelnuts (yummy), whiskey and honey, marmalade... All sorts!

I have a glass of Mango & Passion Fruit Innocent smoothie with my breakfast too. Mmm, healthy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Coco pops or Special K all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,392 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

My dad used to make us amazing porridge with a little bitta sugar,salt, butter, cream, wheatgerm and milk... so good. I suck at making it.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Porridge, coco-pops, Special K or weetabix with honey.

Been eating a lot of porridge lately though, lovely on these cold mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I ate seven bowls of Cheerios yesterday morning. I was ravenous after a night out. Nothing like a massive 1,500 calorie intake of sugar and other crap to start the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

It has to be Wheatabix or Ready Brek.....Cornflakes and Rice Crispies are so horrible, they're all soggy and too hard to swallow!! Well, I think so anyway :cool:

^^^ nah soggy is gooood

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

^^^ ewww no crispy and crunchy are nicer than rotten soggy things!!

ah, a dissenter i see. i shall have to hunt you down....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Branflakes or Special K ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Clusters were a godsend.

Cannot find them anywhere now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

M&S's Triple Chocolate Crunch, more of a dessert then a cereal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

LUCKY CHARMS!!!

Shreddies and rice krispies are also the business. I only ever eat cereal in the evening though, don't know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

JC06 wrote:
    It has to be Wheatabix or Ready Brek.....Cornflakes and Rice Crispies are so horrible, they're all soggy and too hard to swallow!! Well, I think so anyway :cool:

Weetabix and ready brek are as soggy as it gets!! Unless you eat them dry.. or really really quickly..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

JustCoz wrote:
    Branflakes or Special K ftw

Someone's watchin their figure :rolleyes:

Although I have to admit, I'm a fan of Special K myself.
    Ready Breaks my fav though, especially in the winter!

Advertisement