Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Screens! *** Read Mod Note in Initial Post First!!! ***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Telchak

xSEjUVQ.png

- XposedGEL to customize the launcher, with the Moonshine icon pack.
    - GravityBox to get the Android L navigation icons.
    - UCCW with the Circulus widget.
    - NowPaper for Google Now style backgrounds.

All on a Nexus 5, for those curious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am a sucker for a bit of live weather. Unfortunately I can't post video of the clouds drifting across the sky.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Updated to L
    jTSH2OH.jpg

How did ye manage to upgrade and keep all your stuff?

I've a Nexus 7 too so I'd love to install Lollipop now and test it.

Mind PMing me?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

How did ye manage to upgrade and keep all your stuff?

I've a Nexus 7 too so I'd love to install Lollipop now and test it.

Mind PMing me?

Its possible to keep all the user data, which is what I tried to do but I messed up on flashing at first and bricked the tablet, so just ended up flashing the lot (wiping everything).

When you set it up it does let you restore from your devices (in my case , Nexus 7 & 4)
    And GEL also kept my home screen setup which i didn't expect at all. http://i.imgur.com/G7ibulL.jpg

I just followed this, pretty simple really. http://lifehacker.com/how-to-install-the-android-l-developer-preview-on-your-1596531372 If you want to keep data, iirc, you flash everything except for the userdata.img file in the preview, which is here http://developer.android.com/preview/index.html :)

Its possible to keep all the user data, which is what I tried to do but I messed up on flashing at first and bricked the tablet, so just ended up flashing the lot (wiping everything).

When you set it up it does let you restore from your devices (in my case , Nexus 7 & 4)
    And GEL also kept my home screen setup which i didn't expect at all. http://i.imgur.com/G7ibulL.jpg

I just followed this, pretty simple really. http://lifehacker.com/how-to-install-the-android-l-developer-preview-on-your-1596531372 If you want to keep data, iirc, you flash everything except for the userdata.img file in the preview, which is here http://developer.android.com/preview/index.html :)

Cheers,

I use my Tablet for school so keeping my data is vital.

Do you know if when Lollipop is officially released if you'd have to reflash again or would it just come up with an OTA notification like usual?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Cheers,

I use my Tablet for school so keeping my data is vital.

Do you know if when Lollipop is officially released if you'd have to reflash again or would it just come up with an OTA notification like usual?

Thanks.

If your data is vital you don't go messing around flashing previews. L is due to be released for the Nexus 7 on November 3rd.

If your data is vital you don't go messing around flashing previews. L is due to be released for the Nexus 7 on November 3rd.

Unfortunately my tablet is rooted so I can't actually download OTAs, even trying to download 4.4.3 I get a little green Android on their side.

I'm hoping that if I flash Lollipop and keep all my user data I won't have root anymore but I'd still be able to update if that makes sense.

Unfortunately my tablet is rooted so I can't actually download OTAs, even trying to download 4.4.3 I get a little green Android on their side.

I'm hoping that if I flash Lollipop and keep all my user data I won't have root anymore but I'd still be able to update if that makes sense.

Get your school stuff into Google Drive or Dropbox first then. There are numerous accounts (including here) of people having to do a full wipe when the flash went wrong.

A screenshot from inside Lollipop.

My install messed up, it had a black screen and I couldn't do anything.

Thankfully all my pictures were backed up and the school apps have cloud sync so my notes are saved.

zKAY88C.jpg

Love it so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Have been using Nova Launcher for as long as I can remember along side CyanogenMod and haven't themed my phone much for a few years so with the discovery of the new Click UI icon set (Play Store - €1.44) I went at it. Screenshots show my homescreen, folder layout, app drawer and modified Quick Toggles layout (thanks to CM11).

EYFkb56.pngN46LAOH.png

uVDCl7Y.pngUEgf27v.png

Phone is a Moto G 1st Gen with CyanogenMod 11 nightlies up to date as of yesterday.

• Advertisement

advertsfox wrote: »
    Have been using Nova Launcher for as long as I can remember along side CyanogenMod and haven't themed my phone much for a few years so with the discovery of the new Click UI icon set (Play Store - €1.44) I went at it. Screenshots show my homescreen, folder layout, app drawer and modified Quick Toggles layout (thanks to CM11).

Phone is a Moto G 1st Gen with CyanogenMod 11 nightlies up to date as of yesterday.

I like those icons. Is there an icon for most of your apps or did you have to fiddle around a bit?

I like those icons. Is there an icon for most of your apps or did you have to fiddle around a bit?
    About 5 or 6 were missing icons but the set automatically puts them in a circle shape but they don't look great. Fortunately there's about 300 excellent icons to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Finally got my Nexus 5, and again, L :)
    OZSrzDl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Picked up a HTC One M8 during the week and had a little play around with it, quite liking this look at moment;

20pydu8.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,192 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

When I apply a theme (using Themer) it invariably says I've 3 unread text messages, which I don't. Stock text app and I've tried clearing the cache.

Scratch that, on some themes it does, but not on others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

When I apply a theme (using Themer) it invariably says I've 3 unread text messages, which I don't. Stock text app and I've tried clearing the cache.

Scratch that, on some themes it does, but not on others.

Check unread messages in both Hangouts and stock SMS app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Picked up a HTC One M8 during the week and had a little play around with it, quite liking this look at moment;

20pydu8.jpg

Very nice, but what have you used please? is it a theme? widgets? wallpaper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭caolfx

Screenshot_2014-11-05-22-12-17_zps11b804f9.png

Nexus 5 delivered yesterday. Saw something like this on XDA so set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Very nice, but what have you used please? is it a theme? widgets? wallpaper?

I'm using;

Nova Launcher
    UCCW Circle Clock Widget
    Flui icon-pack for the icons on the dock
    Android L icon-pack for the apps under the clock

I can't remember the exact wallpaper I used but here is a similar one.

I use Notifyer+ to show unread counts for Viber, Snapchat, SMS etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

BadPanda wrote: »

Nexus 5 delivered yesterday. Saw something like this on XDA so set it up.

Nice and simple, i really like it. What are you using to achieve it?

• Advertisement

projectgtr wrote: »
    Nice and simple, i really like it. What are you using to achieve it?

Nova launcher 9x5 grid with dock
    Eyebin the sky weather
    Timely clock widget
    Elun and min icons by Ryan m Kelly

Just changed it a tad - eye in the sky isn't very accurate

Screenshot_2014-11-06-20-45-34_zpsc7xdcpd7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

caolfx wrote: »
    Nova launcher 9x5 grid with dock
    Eyebin the sky weather
    Timely clock widget
    Elun and min icons by Ryan m Kelly

That's a nice neat theme, I got that icon pack and clock on the strength of your screen shot in fact. Cool pack with lots of apps covered.

I tried to post a screen shot but still don't have the necessary privileges to post URLs or images, could anyone tell me how many post do you need to have made in order to do so?

I think it's 50...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

CM 11 with empire theme on a OPO.

Screenshot_2014-11-19-08-24-59_zpseeg83vfc.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-19-08-25-46_zpsbwcyclrd.png

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

This may a silly comment, but are you able to create folders with Nova? I have the Z3 and have all my apps in specific folders. Nova puts all the icons out in alphabetical order.

antodeco wrote: »
    This may a silly comment, but are you able to create folders with Nova? I have the Z3 and have all my apps in specific folders. Nova puts all the icons out in alphabetical order.
    Settings > Drawer > Drawer Groups is where you have the option to set up your folders.

caolfx wrote: »
    I think it's 50...
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭WealthyB

I know you guys will hate this mess, but it's my mess ☺
    Nexus 5, Lollipop, Apex Launcher and UCCW widget at the top

WealthyB wrote: »
    I know you guys will hate this mess, but it's my mess ☺
    Nexus 5, Lollipop, Apex Launcher and UCCW widget at the top

That's actually pretty cool, what icons are they? The battery status icon adds a nice touch to it as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭WealthyB

mtt_swny wrote: »
    That's actually pretty cool, what icons are they? The battery status icon adds a nice touch to it as well.

Glad ya like it! The icon pack is metrostation, it used to be on the play store but it's still easily found. The battery status icon is from Battery Widget Reborn. The font used in the Uccw widget (a really basic one I made meself) is called "good time", i liked it cos it reminded me of Star Trek The Next Generation..

The older version of apex launcher allowed MASSIVE folder icons that could overlap so in previous incarnations I only had around 5 icons on the screen, but it's kinda grown since then and now I just instinctively know where to press without looking... (there I go, justifying my organised chaos again!)

Advertisement