Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LG G3 Availability in Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

KeithTS wrote: »
    Cheers Moose, good to know that even though you've had a bad experience the LG has still won you over.
    I'm leaning towards the LG but without having a play with one first I'm skeptical

Sceptical is good, try to use each phone your interested in before you buy, personally I have an M8 and have had no bother with it.
    Would the Z3 be on your list to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I ordered mine on a Thursday night and had it the following Wednesday morning so really it was just 3 business days,im not into cases either and i still havent got one for mine but i might do soon,im on the three network too they just give you the sim and you activate it yourself online it says it takes 24hrs but is usually done in a couple of hours.

Ah that's perfect, three shop just down from where I work so I'll call in and get one. Few nice looking cases I've seen so far but I'd say I'll do my usual thing of buying a few and then not using them after a week or two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

54kroc wrote: »
    Sceptical is good, try to use each phone your interested in before you buy, personally I have an M8 and have had no bother with it.
    Would the Z3 be on your list to?

I haven't actually given the Z3 much thought actually. I'm not sure why, had an older Xperia ages ago and wasn't too pushed on it but I'll look up the specs and compare it to the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Tried out the Z3 in a meteor store last week. Thought the design was pretty unimaginative - 2 featureless slabs of glass and a metal band inbetween. Don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of bling but it was just plain boring. Added to that it was really uncomfortable to hold (even with the improved rounded edge) and I have big hands. Having said that from what I've heard the camera is outstanding & it's waterproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

If i order off E global and have any issues?

Faults etc?

With LG Cover it aslong as i have a recipet? or must it go through Eglobal?

• Advertisement

Iv orederd Anyway so Fingers Crossed get away with duty.

Wont get to use it for 2 weeks with being ib dublin for work then holidays.

Something to look forward to

D_turbo wrote: »
    If i order off E global and have any issues?

Faults etc?

With LG Cover it aslong as i have a recipet? or must it go through Eglobal?

You've got to go through Eglobal - details on their website.

Phone arrived today. Having a quick play around with it. Amazing service from eglobal. Cant fault them. Came with adapter for wall charger which i wasnt expecting, nice touch. As for the phone, its big but easy enough to manage i find. Im moving back from iphone so ive to get up to date with android apps but happy enough so far. Will get sim card sorted tomorrowand have a good play around but first impressions are good.

Mine left Hong kong yesterday morning.

Due weds :)

So had it in use since friday. Wasnt able to wait until the gfs birthday so gave her my 5s early so i could use it. Have to say im very pleased with it, i thought it would take a while to get used to the size but its really pretty easy to manage. Its fast, screen looks great, theres maybe a touch of lag when switching between lots of different apps but its barely noticeable to me. Lots of little things i like. The smart notice that tells you to dress for wind/rain is a nice touch and the option for dual windows and floating apps is great. Waiting on my circle case to arrive now and then might pick up a wireless charger. Delighted with it so far though.

• Advertisement

So had it in use since friday. Wasnt able to wait until the gfs birthday so gave her my 5s early so i could use it. Have to say im very pleased with it, i thought it would take a while to get used to the size but its really pretty easy to manage. Its fast, screen looks great, theres maybe a touch of lag when switching between lots of different apps but its barely noticeable to me. Lots of little things i like. The smart notice that tells you to dress for wind/rain is a nice touch and the option for dual windows and floating apps is great. Waiting on my circle case to arrive now and then might pick up a wireless charger. Delighted with it so far though.

Does the dual window work for youtube? As in scrpll the net and have YouTube playing?

Mine arrived in shannon and left 25mins later? No mentiom of customs... Am i away free?

D_turbo wrote: »
    Does the dual window work for youtube? As in scrpll the net and have YouTube playing?

Mine arrived in shannon and left 25mins later? No mentiom of customs... Am i away free?

Yeah i think so, like this you mean?

Yeah i think so, like this you mean?

Yep...great...hate having to be on youtube onlu to listen to music, cant browse the net or anything while youtubes on

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭King_Joffery

Hi guys. ordered from eglobal sunday night 19th at 6.15pm. 426 euro plus screen protectors. Arrived at 12.30pm today ups no customs. Lots of bloatware installed.. Rooted the phone to try and get rid of the apps. ( the apps appeared to be unstalled by Orange???)No joy could not uninstall. Ended up flashing twrp and now running Androidnow hd as my rom. Very happy.!!!!!

Hi guys. ordered from eglobal sunday night 19th at 6.15pm. 426 euro plus screen protectors. Arrived at 12.30pm today ups no customs. Lots of bloatware installed.. Rooted the phone to try and get rid of the apps. ( the apps appeared to be unstalled by Orange???)No joy could not uninstall. Ended up flashing twrp and now running Androidnow hd as my rom. Very happy.!!!!!

Yeah mine had a few apps as well. I just hid them in the app drawer. Theres a good few LG apps ill never use that i hid too. Glad you like it.

Yeah mine had a few apps as well. I just hid them in the app drawer. Theres a good few LG apps ill never use that i hid too. Glad you like it.
    I just dont like the idea of these bloatware apps and the way i cant uninstall them, you never know what they could be up to..any so far i am very impressed with the g3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Whats the camera on the G3 like lads?

Ive got a note 3 and am tempted to sell it and downsize to the G3.

Im a little unhappy with the camera on the Note. Would the G3 be as good, and take a photo as quickly as the iphones?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭IamMe33

How is it running? Any shutdowns?

IamMe33 wrote: »
    How is it running? Any shutdowns?
    Running very smooth. No shutdowns. Very happy so far.Ive been using a custom rom since the first day i got it , so maybe that helps. Androidnow hd over in xda if you are wondering.
    Also ive set the screen brightness to 20% to save on battery. No problems with 20%.

Id say you could have it Friday morning or if you're in Dublin you could collect it from DHL on Saturday i think,you will notice a massive difference when moving from a 5s ,dont do what i did and use a nano to micro sim adaptor trust me just go into your carrier and get a micro sim replacement they're free.

Finally got to play with a G3 today and really liked it. Half thinking about selling the oneplus and buying one from Eglobalcentral. Did you get the replacement phone & was it brand new?

• Advertisement

I rooted mine as well, the G3 tweaksbox is really cool. Using Nova Launcher and very pleased. Can't find fault with it really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

digitaldr wrote: »
    Finally got to play with a G3 today and really liked it. Half thinking about selling the oneplus and buying one from Eglobalcentral. Did you get the replacement phone & was it brand new?

Long story but in short they couldnt find the fault and said it wasnt covered under warranty so they sent the phone back to me two weeks ago,and it was fine for a few days and then what you know it starts to shut down again,so now they want me to send it back again but im not going to because if they cant find the fault again then i have to pay for shipping so basically i will be paying to get back a faulty phone.

I must say its a very slow process and a lot is lost in translation,ive spoken to a manger and to her credit she got on to the repair guys to find out what they done when they got the phone back and im hoping she is going to have it sorted someday this week,but it hasnt shutdown since last Friday so maybe its fixed itself but i doubt it.

Sorry to hear that. How often was at shutting down at its worst? Might stick with the oneplus after all!

digitaldr wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. How often was at shutting down at its worst? Might stick with the oneplus after all!

At its worst it shutdown once maybe twice a day,it shutdown again this morning first time since last Friday so it didnt fix itself i have no other option than to send it back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Whats this shutting down malarkey???i never had that prob with mine and got it from e global...have you tried reflashing it??did eglobal charge you for shipping back

moggser wrote: »
    Whats this shutting down malarkey???i never had that prob with mine and got it from e global...have you tried reflashing it??did eglobal charge you for shipping back

They covered all the shipping costs.

moggser wrote: »

On that giant thread about the shutdowns, on the last page

http: //forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/help/lg-g3-d855-shutsdown-t2803292/page132

someone said shutting down Geo location for photo's stopped shutdowns for their phone.
    and someone else said

"Found solution, thats working for me. Problem is in Camera GPS. Just disable Settings > General > Location > untick "Camera"

Problem is only in this. 4 days without black screen on ART".

Did you check that out?

Sorry, I meant that question for mooseknunkle.

IamMe33 wrote: »
    Sorry, I meant that question for mooseknunkle.

Yeah i read through a lot of that thread and tried most of the suggestions and none worked unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

Got my lg g3 from eglobal yesterday. Shipped wednesday and arrived friday. Their customer service is cracking. Im on my 3rd phone from them and ive had friends order stuff from them after my recommendations and they have had no issues either.

Ive gone from a oneplus one to the g3 and the only issue is battery life on the g3 for me.

Advertisement