Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

The incredible machine is on the app store,I used to have it on an old nokia and it's still the greatest mobile game I ever played,i hope its as good on iphone.
    It needs the 4.2.5 update.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

A friend has a jailbroken iPhone and has iTimelapse pro working fine. I would be willing to buy it but nearly every review in iTunes is bad, I think it has 1 out of 5 stars? Does anyone have, use or even hate it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

bc dub wrote: »
    A friend has a jailbroken iPhone and has iTimelapse pro working fine. I would be willing to buy it but nearly every review in iTunes is bad, I think it has 1 out of 5 stars? Does anyone have, use or even hate it?

i use/used it.

the reviews started out being bad because they never updated it then they DID update it and it kept crashing the whole time.I really liked it while it worked though.

theres some alternatives,great type of apps for messing around with IMO!

heres one ive used and its very good,just called "timelapse pro"
    http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/timelapse-pro-create-timelapse/id339052008?mt=8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

I'm looking for an App to keep track of GAA and Hurling scores (recording goals and points and points total, timer etc). Theres loads of score keeping Apps out there for tracking all kinds of different sports but none that I can find that will do it for me, if possible I'd also like it to have a little pop-up to annotate if the score came from a free or from open play.
    Anyone know of anything out there that will do this, or any App developers able to come up with something? I don't mind paying for it and I'm sure many other people would be interested in this too....

http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/tagit-gaelic/id333210270?mt=8

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Angry Birds frozen on Level 3-12....... Using an iPhone 4 which has been recently updated. Screen is completely frozen and won't do anything!!

Any ideas what to do??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

Angry Birds frozen on Level 3-12....... Using an iPhone 4 which has been recently updated. Screen is completely frozen and won't do anything!!

Any ideas what to do??

Press and hold both the home button and the Sleep/Wake button together for about 15 seconds until you see the apple logo. hopefully that will sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

gartcork wrote: »
    Press and hold both the home button and the Sleep/Wake button together for about 15 seconds until you see the apple logo. hopefully that will sort it.

Cheers...... Your a star!!!! That worked a treat:D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

No problem, glad you got it sorted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

iD Software's RAGE for iOS is free for a week. The HD version (RAGE HD) is also available for 4th generation devices and ipads. Standard version is about 500mb, HD version is over 800mb.

http://toucharcade.com/2011/08/17/five-no-six-alarm-freebie-alert-rage-and-rage-hd-free-for-the-next-week/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

this app is free and lets you watch uk tv using wifi for free, ch 4, itv, film four even a few dodgey sport channels worth having, streams straight away too no buffering ect. they have a website too that records channels ect like sky plus, but they want money to subscribe to that...... ehh no
    app is free and good

• Advertisement

this app is free and lets you watch uk tv using wifi for free, ch 4, itv, film four even a few dodgey sport channels worth having, streams straight away too no buffering ect. they have a website too that records channels ect like sky plus, but they want money to subscribe to that...... ehh no
    app is free and good

Huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I have no idea what that was supposed to be. Theres an App currently number one of the free Irish charts. It lets you view live streams of channels from the UK and around the world. Theres some sports channels on there that I'm pretty sure stream Premier League games so definitely worth a go. Was messing with the App last night checking out channels and the quality of E4 was better on my phone than with sky.

I have no idea what that was supposed to be. Theres an App currently number one of the free Irish charts. It lets you view live streams of channels from the UK and around the world. Theres some sports channels on there that I'm pretty sure stream Premier League games so definitely worth a go. Was messing with the App last night checking out channels and the quality of E4 was better on my phone than with sky.

Ah yes,filmon!
    Cool,didnt know they had an app now!
    Wonder will those jailbreak apps that fool the phone into thinking its on wifi rather than 3g will work with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

barryd09 wrote: »

Ah yes,filmon!
    Cool,didnt know they had an app now!
    Wonder will those jailbreak apps that fool the phone into thinking its on wifi rather than 3g will work with it?

It works on 3G just not in HD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Send an customised, auto reply SMS when you're unavailable. Away Text, free in Cydia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Is Viber any good? I came across it over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I find viber very good the calls viber to viber are free so I ring my sister in US a lot I might be wrong but I'm sure to get the free calls you have to be on a wireless network . Overall I would recommend it

I find viber very good the calls viber to viber are free so I ring my sister in US a lot I might be wrong but I'm sure to get the free calls you have to be on a wireless network . Overall I would recommend it
    Does it work when connected to 3G?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭guil

STIG83 wrote: »
    yes

guil wrote: »
    STIG83 wrote: »
    yes
    Will be handy when Im in kangaroo country next week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Lets golf 3 free today. Well, at 23,42hrs, whats left of today

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

bc dub wrote: »
    Lets golf 3 free today. Well, at 23,42hrs, whats left of today

You have to pay in game for loads of stuff apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭ Heaven Worried Thinner

Official free Rugby World Cup app is out....just downloaded it and it looks quite good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Fragger is free today. Brilliant physics based puzzle game with hundreds of levels. One of the best games of its type.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭guil

siege hero is an angry birds style game and it's free
    it's really addictive

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Can anyone recommend a good to-do list app? They seem to be dime-a-dozen with a lot of mixed reviews. Don't know where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭cson

Just downloaded redlaser there but its not showing up on my iPhone screen at all - any ideas?

it's really addictive

A great game!! not as hard as Angry Birds can be at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

Filmon is brilliant!

Loads of channels available and can be used over 3g and goes HD over wi-fi.

Whats the catch? Is it only temporarily free and are there othere apps like this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

it's really addictive

Addicted to it, thanks :)

Advertisement