Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny (Bungie)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Did you not do the Iron Banner last time?

I did, but only just made rank 3 on the last night. Was no way I was gonna make another Rank. If I can't get the Raid done this weekend and be lucky enough to get the gloves to drop, I'll rank up Vanguard to get the commendation for the gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I did, but only just made rank 3 on the last night. Was no way I was gonna make another Rank. If I can't get the Raid done this weekend and be lucky enough to get the gloves to drop, I'll rank up Vanguard to get the commendation for the gloves.

Can you explain the commendation thing?

I just need a chestplate now to get to 30. I have 2498/2500 on Vanguard rep so was waiting until the DLC hit to get that last bit of rep to get a commendation. But I don't know what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Seems like Xur is selling heavy ammo again so should make Porphy happy !! Plan c on sale again this week. Also titan and warlock helm not sure about hunter

Yes! I am going to buy a couple of hundred of them just incase. I though he was supposed to send exotic shards as well?

XuR has excelled one again, Plan C... I mean, did he not sell enough of them last week? does he need to clear stock? Why does he keep selling the same things over and over and over... and over?

Where is he? I am going pay him a visit but this time I am bringing a friend... I had enough. No gjallahorn again....

Can you explain the commendation thing?

I just need a chestplate now to get to 30. I have 2498/2500 on Vanguard rep so was waiting until the DLC hit to get that last bit of rep to get a commendation. But I don't know what they do.

Everytime you rank up in a faction, you will receive a commendation for that faction via the postmaster. A commendation is required, along with the requisite marks, to purchase the new light level 30 capable armour from each faction. So, dont do ANYTHING with the vanguard until Tuesday, then !BAM!, level 30.

Bohrio wrote: »
    Yes! I am going to buy a couple of hundred of them just incase. I though he was supposed to send exotic shards as well?

XuR has excelled one again, Plan C... I mean, did he not sell enough of them last week? does he need to clear stock? Why does he keep selling the same things over and over and over... and over?

Where is he? I am going pay him a visit but this time I am bringing a friend... I had enough. No gjallahorn again....

I think he is to the left when you head down the stairs for the shipyard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Everytime you rank up in a faction, you will receive a commendation for that faction via the postmaster. A commendation is required, along with the requisite marks, to purchase the new light level 30 capable armour from each faction. So, dont do ANYTHING with the vanguard until Tuesday, then !BAM!, level 30.

So is this like when you used to get a mote of light? When you rank up the Vanguard from say, 20 - 21 you will get a commendation and same with factions, Cryptarch and Bounty guy?

I have Dead Orbit at level 3 now should I start pushing the others towards 1?

My Destiny addiction will not allow me wait till Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Is this a new thing starting next week? so I'll be able to just buy a set of light 30 boots.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    So is this like when you used to get a mote of light? When you rank up the Vanguard from say, 20 - 21 you will get a commendation and same with factions, Cryptarch and Bounty guy?

Basically. Before, whenever you ranked up a faction, you would receive a package from said faction that would contain one of the weapons sold by them. Now you will receive a commendation (not sure if you will still receive the weapon).

I think this will only apply to the three PvP factions and Vanguard. Not sure about Cryptarch.
    Is this a new thing starting next week? so I'll be able to just buy a set of light 30 boots.

Yeah, it's one of the new ways to prolong the playtime. :p
    Yup, once you get that commendation, no more waiting for RNGeesus to bless you with that drop you've been waiting Aeons for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

gimli2112 wrote: »

Push towards 3, Ranks 1 and 2 don't matter a damn for factions

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cormac... wrote: »
    Push towards 3, Ranks 1 and 2 don't matter a damn for factions

Yeah I'm definately joining up to all the factions next time I log on. Warlock is Dead Orbit Level 3. I'll put the Titan with New Monarchy and the Hunter with the other one, whose name I can't remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Yus. Titan helm. Level 30 here I come. Until I probably have to relevel it. Bought a shard as well and a couple of telemetries.

Best News Ever :pac:
    Bastion and First Light have moved out of Control and Clash to Combined Arms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭bugs

Yeah, it's one of the new ways to prolong the playtime. :p
    Yup, once you get that commendation, no more waiting for RNGeesus to bless you with that drop you've been waiting Aeons for.

Of course with the level cap hike, 30 is the new 28/29.
    Back to RNG for raid gear for 32, albeit they've claimed its less frustrating.

At least Iron Banner on the 16th will guarantee level 31 gear

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

logik wrote: »
    :eek: that is almost a full month playing Destiny. So in 2014 of the 12 months, you have 1 full month on Destiny!! :pac: insane.
    The game is only 3 months old... I think it's time for an intervention.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

At least Iron Banner on the 16th will guarantee level 31 gear

Should be 32 imho, but Iron Banner is good fun either way so.

bugs wrote: »
    Of course with the level cap hike, 30 is the new 28/29.
    Back to RNG for raid gear for 32, albeit they've claimed its less frustrating.

Yeah, apparantly the system looks at how long it's been since your last good drop, and adjusts the roll chance accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

erkifino wrote: »
    The game is only 3 months old... I think it's time for an intervention.

3 months!

I am impressed

Twitch Streaming the DLC/Raid for the clan...
    Good and interesting idea or self indulgent rubbish no-one would watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Good idea. Bungie, let alone the rest of the communtiy, will be watching ****loads of Twitch to see who figures out what.

"Ooh, if they had just taken the other path there'd be a chest waiting there. Unlcky lads."

• Advertisement

Twitch Streaming the DLC/Raid for the honour of the clan...
    Good and interesting idea or self indulgent rubbish no-one would watch?

How about: An interesting piece of self indulgent rubbish that would be good to watch? :P

Honestly, I'd throw twitch on for that.

How will we work this in relation to Raid teams? I assume get all the most experienced to run it first, learn it, then take the rest of us scrubs through it?

Or get a couple teams together for Tuesday and see how things go?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

How will we work this in relation to Raid teams? I assume get all the most experienced to run it first, learn it, then take the rest of us scrubs through it?

Or get a couple teams together for Tuesday and see how things go?

I'd say it depends on the person. Some people might like to experience the Raid fresh and learn from their mistakes rather than being told what to do at each step.

For me personally, I will do the Raid whenever I get the time to fit it in. So if I'm running it with experienced people or with everyone running it for the first time I won't care really. After a few weeks it will all be very familiar like the first one.

I'd be more inclined to initially run it with 6x Level 30s that have a good weapon/armour load out
    After the 1st Run, I don't mind going through it a few more times with other groups during the week.
    It's likely that I'll start streaming from the minute the DLC downloads
    So that would be the morning time around 9am onwards.......
    That being said it could be like 12 before we can start the Raid as we'd have to do.

Tower
    Bounty
    Tower
    Mission
    Tower
    Bounty x 2
    Tower
    Mission x 2
    Tower
    Bounty
    Tower
    Strike
    Tower
    Bounty
    Tower
    Raid
    Tower
    Dance Party

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'd be more inclined to initially run it with 6x Level 30s that have a good weapon/armour load out
    After the 1st Run, I don't mind going through it a few more times with other groups during the week.
    It's likely that I'll start streaming from the minute the DLC downloads
    So that would be the morning time around 9am onwards.......
    That being said it could be like 12 before we can start the Raid as we'd have to do.

Tower
    Bounty
    Tower
    Mission
    Tower
    Bounty x 2
    Tower
    Mission x 2
    Tower
    Bounty
    Tower
    Strike
    Tower
    Bounty
    Tower
    Raid
    Tower
    Dance Party

:o

The raid is open immediately, you don't have to do any of the story missions or strikes to unlock it. Plus you missed out Nightfall and Weekly Strike on your list :)

The raid is open immediately, you don't have to do any of the story missions or strikes to unlock it. Plus you missed out Nightfall and Weekly Strike on your list :)

No it's not, there's an initial mission to kick things off, then that branches into 2 missions, one of which unlocks the Raid, and the other unlocks the Strike.

Plus to actually unlock the missions you need to do a bounty 1st for each one.
    The are available on the 9th but you have to unlock them in-gmae still.

Same way we did once we visited a new planet back in the original story play through.

Yes, but that's I'll still be doing the NF, Weekly and Daily (for the lolz) and even the PS4 exclusive strike. But I wanna try get to the Raid ASAP

"Links Inbound"
    "Links Available"
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/12/03/stare-into-the-dark-below-new-details-on-the-destiny-expansion.aspx
    The uniting factor of the narrative is the new vendor and quest giver, Eris Morn. As discussed in last week’s introduction video, Eris serves multiple roles in the story. Quest lines are the main way she propels the story forward, which are used to unite story missions, strikes, and the raid.

Quest lines are strongly inspired by exotic weapon bounties. Each quest line includes multiple steps, and the end of a quest line often provides a designated reward. For instance, the initial story mission quest line ends with the acquisition of Murmur, the new fusion rifle that can alternately fire both arc and solar damage.

Upon completing the story mission quest line, Eris offers two additional quest lines that carry the story past those missions with smaller, bite-sized events that you’ll track down in the game world. One of these quest lines provides a narrative path into the expansion’s strike, The Will of Crota. The other quest line provides a story lead-up to the expansion’s raid, Crota’s End.

These quest line bounties offer a number of different tasks. In one bounty, I needed to head down to Earth and kill enough Hive soldiers to draw out a particularly powerful Hive Knight, and kill him. In another bounty, I needed to take on the tricky task of melee killing cursed Hive Thralls, which explode upon death.

Anyway, that's what I inferred from reading that

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,120 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We are now in the same boat, needing that last piece of equipment.

I was going to take a break from Destiny until Sunday but I have to stop by and see Xur tonight. Then my new shiny Exotic helm is going to need some XP.

Don't wastes your time upgrading the helm, hold on to it and exchange it with Xur when the chance arises.

They were very sneaky not having an exotic engram for sale this week knowing full well we'd all buy them for a free 32 light exotic come tuesday.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They were very sneaky not having an exotic engram for sale this week knowing full well we'd all buy them for a free 32 light exotic come tuesday.FRIDAY 12/12/14

FYP :P

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,120 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

FYP :P

Is the DLC not out on the 9th?

• Advertisement

The DLC is.... but Xur is the man you need to see to re-roll Exotics and he's not available till Fridays

Oh wait... did you mean buy the Engram now, and not actually decode it until Tuesday?
    If so, don't mind me :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement