Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Harrys Future

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

That would be a disaster, and I can't imagine Levy would be happy with it, which means no transfer funds for HR (if he stays) for the next season. Surely that can't be the plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭larry1

NEWSFLASH: WBA give permission for FA to talk with Roy. Redknapp's demand to have salary paid into a dead dog's bank account a deal breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

So it looks like we're stuck with harry for at least 1 more season,honestly dont know weather this well help or hurt the current squad,the fans were probably happy to see him go because of our current form.only thing left to do know is get behind the team for the last 3 games and hope its enough for the CL next august.
    Harry has a lot to do to get the fans back on his side after our slump in form,best way to do this is to get pro-active in the transfer market early doors,get rid of the deadwood in the squad(inc modric if the price is right) and get some real quality signings in key areas like center back and striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

So it looks like we're stuck with harry for at least 1 more season,honestly dont know weather this well help or hurt the current squad,the fans were probably happy to see him go because of our current form.only thing left to do know is get behind the team for the last 3 games and hope its enough for the CL next august.
    Harry has a lot to do to get the fans back on his side after our slump in form,best way to do this is to get pro-active in the transfer market early doors,get rid of the deadwood in the squad(inc modric if the price is right) and get some real quality signings in key areas like center back and striker.

We can't get quality signings unless we offer top wages and have Champions League football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

so as it looks like Harry is staying, we can expect to do all our Summer t/f dealings in the last few hours of August 31.
    He is too loyal to underperforming players, Corluka's interview last week where he blamed lack of squad rotation on their poor form backs this up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

indiewindy wrote: »
    so as it looks like Harry is staying, we can expect to do all our Summer t/f dealings in the last few hours of August 31.
    He is too loyal to underperforming players, Corluka's interview last week where he blamed lack of squad rotation on their poor form backs this up

The last minute stuff is levys doing, not harry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

the rumour i have heard is that levy priced harrys compensation money way above what england were prepared to pay.

its baffling as i really dont rate hodgson at all. cheap way out by the fa but who cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Delighted we are stuck with the best manager we have had in a long while.
    You could tell by Harry's face after the Blackburn game that he has been jerked about and put through the mire.
    English FA for promising him the job, Levy's handling of the situation and Spurs fans\Media critising him left, right and centre for the slump.
    I suppose he is just going through what Wenger went through a couple of month's ago by his own SUPPORTERS?
    I hope that Harry stays with us for manty years to come and that we can look back at what he has achieved for us.
    We need consistency at this club.
    Good on you Harry.
    Continue the good work and Levy give him some cash to strengthen this squad instead of Band Aid players from the transfer market!

P.s Podolski to Arse. Jaysus!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    From Harry Hotspur

Good afternoon. This is your captain speaking. We are currently nose-diving at the speed of light and our estimated time of crash landing is full time against Fulham. On an upbeat note the tears of the on board fans will extinguish all flames so at least nobody will be burned to death.
    This then from a poster on GloryGlory.net, Leeds Spur.
    Just been speaking to a friend that knows people high up at Sky Sports. Sad the England/Harry deal is done and it was meant to be on the QT but the players found out and there was a massive row with Harry and the players with them saying he betrayed them. Bale to Barca, Modric to City and Walker to Man Utd bids in already.
    The source is the Head of Research at Sky Sports.
    Harry tried to blag the lads and it all came out, agents telling their players. He has lost the dressing room, they all know he’s off.
    Extraordinary or excrement?

HaHAhA :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭oppiuy

• Advertisement

hodgson given a 4 year deal so we wont have to worry about harry leaving next summer for no compensation

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

and here he has now finally said he has no longer any interest in the job::D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17928373

hope its not a re post;)

Good luck for next year Harry.
    You done us proud considering the circumstances.
    Can't wait for our next rollercoaster season!
    This man will be our Alex Ferguson if left alone and backed with cash.
    In Harry We Trust.
    Thank God the FA were too scappy to pay the £10m compo.
    COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

yidweiser wrote: »
    In Harry We Trust.
    COYS

Can't say I agree with that. He did himself no favours by sitting on the fence over the England job. Infact he derailed our season by doing just that. We deserved a statement and he was just hedging his bets. The club stood by him in a loyal manner (possibly not deserving of ) throughout the court case. His hedging almost destroyed our season in the end. He's very lucky we just about grabbed fourth in the end.

As regards his ability, I think he's reached a ceiling tbh. Good as it is where he's got us to (and by god am I grateful) its still no harm to be ambitious. He ain't bringing us any further. I'd give Martinez the job in a heartbeat before someone else does. He could be our Ferguson. Don't think for a moment that arry wouldn't be off to chelsea for 6 million quid a year if the offer came in. WE are ay a very important stage of this team/clubs development, its so important not to blow it now.

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Can't say I agree with that. He did himself no favours by sitting on the fence over the England job. Infact he derailed our season by doing just that. We deserved a statement and he was just hedging his bets. The club stood by him in a loyal manner (possibly not deserving of ) throughout the court case. His hedging almost destroyed our season in the end. He's very lucky we just about grabbed fourth in the end.

As regards his ability, I think he's reached a ceiling tbh. Good as it is where he's got us to (and by god am I grateful) its still no harm to be ambitious. He ain't bringing us any further. I'd give Martinez the job in a heartbeat before someone else does. He could be our Ferguson. Don't think for a moment that arry wouldn't be off to chelsea for 6 million quid a year if the offer came in. WE are ay a very important stage of this team/clubs development, its so important not to blow it now.

There is always gonna be a new managerial flavour of the month. This month it is Martinez. A few months ago it was Rodgers. Before that it was AVB.

'Arry isn't perfect but he has done very well with us and the players like him and believe in him. It's important not to let the knee jerk, and I don't think Levy will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Ormus wrote: »
    Saab Ed wrote: »

There is always gonna be a new managerial flavour of the month. This month it is Martinez. A few months ago it was Rodgers. Before that it was AVB.

'Arry isn't perfect but he has done very well with us and the players like him and believe in him. It's important not to let the knee jerk, and I don't think Levy will.

I've always rated Martinez so he hasnt just become the flavour of the month for me. For what its worth, I wouldn't let rodgers neat the place. Martinez has the PL experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I’d be happy for Harry to continue as manager. Attain some quality players and I’ll be salivating for the season to start.

Can we please get someone in to coach corners/set pieces properly though? The amount of corners we tally up in each game is staggering, our conversion rate is appalling.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

In Harry We Trust.
    COYS

Surely your winding us all up.

Just applying the cod liver oil Hatch.
    It's good for you :)
    I know you are not Harry's No. 1 fan, like others, but I like the man.
    He loves Spurs and it's not his fault he was linked with the England job.
    Yes, he wanted it and I think it did effect our run in but I would have him any day over Martinez and Rodgers.
    Ancellotti, if available, a different story.
    Good on him and looking forward to what Mr. Levy and Harry buy during the transfer window.
    COYS

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Good on him and looking forward to what Mr. Levy and Harry buy during the transfer window.
    COYS

why expect anything other than more of the same, sweet F.A.

My expectations are low, so can only go up right :P

• Advertisement

Mactard wrote: »
    why expect anything other than more of the same, sweet F.A.

My expectations are low, so can only go up right :P

That's a bizarre attitude. Spurs are a ridiculously active club when it comes to the transfer market. Continually trying to punch above our weight. True, we were quieter than usual this January, but January is a market for suckers and clubs in crisis.

That's a bizarre attitude.

no it isn't, it's tongue in cheek :pac: based on the last FEW transfer windows where we have been linked with a host of names but signed very FEW.
    True, we were quieter than usual this January, but January is a market for suckers and clubs in crisis.

Was it louder last summer? last January? the summer before that??
    It really wasn't.

Mactard wrote: »
    no it isn't, it's tongue in cheek :pac: based on the last FEW transfer windows where we have been linked with a host of names but signed very FEW.

Was it louder last summer? last January? the summer before that??
    It really wasn't.

Well I don't know the stats, but I'm fairly sure that if you take the last 5 years or 10 years, Spurs have been among the most active in the transfer market.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Just applying the cod liver oil Hatch.
    It's good for you :)
    I know you are not Harry's No. 1 fan, like others, but I like the man.
    He loves Spurs and it's not his fault he was linked with the England job.
    Yes, he wanted it and I think it did effect our run in but I would have him any day over Martinez and Rodgers.
    Ancellotti, if available, a different story.
    COYS

He no more loves Spurs than I love Cheslea mate... don't let harry fool you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

He’s done a superb job since he’s been at the helm. The England saga wrecked my opinion of him, Woy got the job, so that’s been put to bed.

We’ve finished 8th, 4th, 5th, 4th under him. I don’t see us doing any better with the exception of 3rd place. I’ll take 4th every season and Champions League football.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    He no more loves Spurs than I love Cheslea mate... don't let harry fool you.

only thing he loves about spurs is it gives him a chance to open his big mouth to whoever will listen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

i'd love if harry fcuked off to liverpool or even west brom for that matter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    We’ve finished 8th, 4th, 5th, 4th under him. I don’t see us doing any better with the exception of 3rd place. I’ll take 4th every season and Champions League football.

Im of the same opinion. 4th this season with one fully functioning centre half isnt bad at all.

Couldnt see us getting anyone better at the moment. No doubt the England gig took its toll, still deserves one more season for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

All things considered fourth is pretty good but we royally ****ed up this year it was a major chance to finish third or higher but Harry lacks the tactical astuteness of a top top manager (to borrow a phrase :D).

I can see Hary in the Enland job before the season starts to be honest, and I don'tknow who I'd want not Martinez anyway I'd love Ancelotti hope he leaves PSG just when Harry is finishing up here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

I can see Hary in the Enland job before the season starts to be honest, and I don'tknow who I'd want not Martinez anyway I'd love Ancelotti hope he leaves PSG just when Harry is finishing up here :)

Considering Roy has picked Terry and Downing(Bizarre), anything less than semi finals and you can see him getting absolutely slaughtered by the press.

Advertisement