Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mad blocker Alpha. Irish Game Studio's PSP/PS3 Mini's Game

• 05-02-2011 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭

If your looking for a new little puzzle game Irish Game studio "Open Emotion Studios" who are based in Limerick are launching a PSP Mini game called Mad Blocker Alpha Revenge of the Fluzzles on the 10th of Feb for the PSP/PS3 Mini's market.

I loved it the review is here for anyone interested. It is the sequel to a free flash game called Mad Blocker which is still around and will give you an idea of what to expect game play wise but the new one is far better.

No im not involved :D just thought it might be good to support a small home grown studio.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I know one of the lads who was behind it, its great to see an Irish studio with a hit game, fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya, best of luck to Paddy and the boys on this one! I'll def be picking it up!

PS. Nice website grumpypants!

EDIT: Can you change the subject to PSP/PS3? I don't have a PS3 and people might miss this if they think it's only for PSP (It will play on PS3 riiiiiiiiight???)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

sheehy83 wrote: »
    PS. Nice website grumpypants!

EDIT: Can you change the subject to PSP/PS3? I don't have a PS3 and people might miss this if they think it's only for PSP (It will play on PS3 riiiiiiiiight???)

Thanks and done ! ;)

Thanks man. Pity there are no trophies, i'd love to platinum the sh1t outta this. Hopefully Sony will implement trophies on mini's one day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Open Emotion Studios have a youtube page with some footage from an early version of the game play:

Hey guys, this is a pre-alpha vid of our game Mad Blocker Alpha. Be warned this is very early and doesn't contain any of the awesome new gameplay mechanics or the new hud elements we've implemented etc. yet. Expect another vid very soon :D

Game is out now for 3.99 on the PSN. This is the sale price, its going up to 4.99 next week. I got, well class, love the music and graphics and the story mode has me playing a lot more than I usually would these game to get through it. Highly recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Game is out now for 3.99 on the PSN. This is the sale price, its going up to 4.99 next week. I got, well class, love the music and graphics and the story mode has me playing a lot more than I usually would these game to get through it. Highly recommend it!

The title track is class i left my PSP on with it playing while i was doing my study last night. :D

ya, music from the 1st level is class as well,m found myself humming it away after the ps3 was turned off.

Advertisement