Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crysis 2 Delayed until 2011

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

any news on the pc demo?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

But that was kinda my point, in a convoluted way. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read much at the time about DX11 trying to behave a bit like a superset of DX10 in terms of the API, in order to make it easier for developers to support the two in the same title. Whereas DX10, the focus was on the technological leaps (e.g. the addition of the geometry shader), DX11 was more about making these features easier to use (for example better render targets in order to make things like SSAO easier to implement). Been out of the loop for a bit so did I pick it up wrong?

Plenty of new features like tesselation as well :).

In a nutshell what you are thinking of is that the DX11 runtime is capable of running on DX10 and DX 9 hardware with any unsupported features disabled, hence you can use the DX11 api to write programs that will still be able to run on DX 10,9 hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,593 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I was wondering why some games were implementing DX11 and skipping DX10. Makes damn perfect sense: DX10 adoption was very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

But that was kinda my point, in a convoluted way. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read much at the time about DX11 trying to behave a bit like a superset of DX10 in terms of the API, in order to make it easier for developers to support the two in the same title. Whereas DX10, the focus was on the technological leaps (e.g. the addition of the geometry shader), DX11 was more about making these features easier to use (for example better render targets in order to make things like SSAO easier to implement). Been out of the loop for a bit so did I pick it up wrong?
    API level support for multi-threaded rendering was a massive one for me anyway, not to mention proper Tesselation support as marco_polo mentioned and the introduction of DirectCompute. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,833 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

folks how much would a computer cost to run crysis at it's full specs ?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Headshot wrote: »

3-5 of your accums :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,833 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

3-t of your accums :D

bloody stalker :p

Headshot wrote: »
    You could do it with US $800, likely less.

1080p res, AA off, GTX460 oced to 875mhz, i5-760 oced to 4ghz, fast ram and I can barely manage 30 fps in crysis on max settings, and thats just walking around :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Any one getting this for ps3 its between this and killzone for me im liking online though

• Advertisement

nuxxx wrote: »
    1080p res, AA off, GTX460 oced to 875mhz, i5-760 oced to 4ghz, fast ram and I can barely manage 30 fps in crysis on max settings, and thats just walking around :o
    V-sync?

Overheal wrote: »
    V-sync?

Installed warhead there today, and it ran perfectly maxed out, over 40 fps all the time. Weird

Ill install crysis again soon and give it another go, maybe I had some dodgy config or settings

V-sync was off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

nuxxx wrote: »
    Installed warhead there today, and it ran perfectly maxed out, over 40 fps all the time. Weird

Ill install crysis again soon and give it another go, maybe I had some dodgy config or settings

V-sync was off

Crysis had a horribly optimised engine when it was released, EA rushing it out the door no doubt, even today few cards can get to 60fps at 1080 from it. Proof of the sh>tty scaling. They improved and optimised the engine in Warhead, there's a mod that you can do to play Crysis 1 through the Warhead engine which improves fps and graphics. It does have some texture loss in certain areas though.

if its a crackware it might not be the later version. I run the steamworks version and get decent frames on an HD5770

Advertisement