Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where's the cheapest I can get the Sims 3?

Options
  • 02-07-2010 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

So, I'm a fan of the Sims 2 (have all the expansions and Glamour Life Stuff) and I've been wanting to play the Sijms 3, so I was wondering, where's the cheapest place I can get the game? Online preferred but will go to a shop in Dublin if it's cheaper there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

angel01 wrote: »

Thanks, I saw it in Xtravision though for only a euro more though (IIRC).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

buy here, add to your EA account through EA's download manager

http://www.g2play.net/store/The-Sims/

and yes, it is safe

buy here, add to your EA account through EA's download manager

http://www.g2play.net/store/The-Sims/

and yes, it is safe

Do they ship? I'd rather a hard copy over a digital download, especially if I have to install EADM to get it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

tis a digital download. they email you the key. once you add the key to you EA account, you can redownload the installer whenever you wish

• Advertisement

tis a digital download. they email you the key. once you add the key to you EA account, you can redownload the installer whenever you wish

Looks like i won't be getting it from there then :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Looks like i won't be getting it from there then :(

Why won't you do it? you can download it again whenever you want? :confused:

I really don't want to have to install EADM and I'd rather have a disc to install from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

Try eBay . . . I looked at some expansion packs on there.

After re-thinking it, i think I might get the Digital Download ones.

Are there any differences between the disc and DL versions?

• Advertisement

Ok, maybe not.

I don't want to trust that g2play site, looking at some of the reviews on WOT, it doesn't seem worth the risk.

EDIT: Might get it as my early christmas present along with all the expansion packs, from Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Elite_Etnisa

<snip>

It's been about 2 months since I last posted here, but I had a go at playing it (not going to say how) and I really enjoy it, think I might order the base game + the 3 expansions today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

You might want to hurry and get it on Steam. You can get the base game, all three expansions, and two stuff packs for 50% off the normal price if you buy in a bundle before 6pm on the 3rd.

Already got the game on Disc a while back :)

Absolutely loving it so far, got a nice few mods as well to tweak it to my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

I bought the sims 3 on Amazon for £23.00. The RRP was £40. :D

awesom_o wrote: »
    I bought the sims 3 on Amazon for £23.00. The RRP was £40. :D

Same place where I got it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Ok, maybe not.

I don't want to trust that g2play site, looking at some of the reviews on WOT, it doesn't seem worth the risk.

EDIT: Might get it as my early christmas present along with all the expansion packs, from Amazon.

I've used g2play a few times. No problems with them. It's not instant key delivery like with steam but I got a key within 5 minutes on Thursday.

Also with EA downloader, it downloads the installer files. So you can burn it to disc and have the exact same as a physical copy. But without the disc check :)

I've used g2play a few times. No problems with them. It's not instant key delivery like with steam but I got a key within 5 minutes on Thursday.

Also with EA downloader, it downloads the installer files. So you can burn it to disc and have the exact same as a physical copy. But without the disc check :)

Well, at least I can probably use g2play safely now, 2 people (1 who is a mod) confirm it's safe. I guess I'll take the chance from now on with some games.

Advertisement