Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Alarm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Is it possible to add an extra sensor (window,) to a phonewatch system?

I have the wireless system and would like to add windows that weren't on the house when the system was installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭altor

dobsdave wrote: »
    Is it possible to add an extra sensor (window,) to a phonewatch system?

I have the wireless system and would like to add windows that weren't on the house when the system was installed.

Do you know what type wire free system you have installed, do you have any paper work off the alarm ?

altor wrote: »
    Do you know what type wire free system you have installed, do you have any paper work off the alarm ?

Hi Altor,

I don't have paperwork, that I know of.
    Its not monitored.

Its this one:
    Eircom_panel.jpg

It is a simon panel you have installed. Without the paper work the system will need to be defaulted and reprogrammed to add sensors on. If you can get the paper work it is a simple process to add the sensor on.

It is a simon panel you have installed. Without the paper work the system will need to be defaulted and reprogrammed to add sensors on. If you can get the paper work it is a simple process to add the sensor on.

Ok, thanks I'll have a look.
    If I cant find it, is it possible to reprogram myself ?
    Or how much would you charge to do it and supply 2 extra sensors?

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

Ok, thanks I'll have a look.
    If I cant find it, is it possible to reprogram myself ?
    Or how much would you charge to do it and supply 2 extra sensors?

Thanks again.

Your welcome,

It is cheaper to do it yourself, if you have the paper work more than happy to talk you through doing it. If you need help defaulting and reprogramming send me a P.M. and i will have a look at it for you.

Your welcome,

It is cheaper to do it yourself, if you have the paper work more than happy to talk you through doing it. If you need help defaulting and reprogramming send me a P.M. and i will have a look at it for you.

I'm not back 'till the weekend, so I'll have a look for the paperwork then.
    Can you supply the extra sensors?

Cheers.

I'm not back 'till the weekend, so I'll have a look for the paperwork then.
    Can you supply the extra sensors?

Cheers.

Yes I can, I will get you a price for them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kingtorres9

Hi Everyone
    Need some help with my back door sensor. Woke up this morning to find the system status light on and saying sensor 3 back door open, but it is not open. I have the simon panel and not connected to eircom phonewatch. Have all the revelant documents from when they put in the alarm 3 years ago. Any help anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭ALS

Hi everyone , can someone please advise if it is possible to change the dialler to call my own mobile number if alarm activates instead of Eircom , its a Simon box ,
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Everyone
    Need some help with my back door sensor. Woke up this morning to find the system status light on and saying sensor 3 back door open, but it is not open. I have the simon panel and not connected to eircom phonewatch. Have all the revelant documents from when they put in the alarm 3 years ago. Any help anyone.

Hi kingtorres9,

I would say the battery needs to be replaced in this unit. The battery on a door or motion sensor is always the first to go as they are used more frequently than a window sensor.

If you drop the front lid of your panel, enter your user code you will be able to open the sensor to get at the battery. These batteries are used in all types of devices so are easy enough to get in a chemist, cost about €5-€6 each.

Any problems, let me know.

ALS wrote: »
    Hi everyone , can someone please advise if it is possible to change the dialler to call my own mobile number if alarm activates instead of Eircom , its a Simon box ,
    Thanks

Hi ALS,

Yes this is possible. You will need to delete the dialer numbers that are in there already, then program it to ring your phone. It will only take one number and when the alarm activates it will omit a series of alarm tones to the number programed.

Thanks for that altor, can you pleae advise how to do this , cheers

Drop the lid, enter engineer code. Delete option 04 done, delete option 05 done, delete option 06 done. Add option 43 "enter the phone number you want the alarm to ring" done. Add option 44, 10 done. Easy to do.

That's great Altor , thanks a million, in work at the mo' , will try it tomorrow , thanks again.:)

That's great Altor , thanks a million, in work at the mo' , will try it tomorrow , thanks again.:)

Your welcome, any problems let me know.

Hi kingtorres9,

I would say the battery needs to be replaced in this unit. The battery on a door or motion sensor is always the first to go as they are used more frequently than a window sensor.

If you drop the front lid of your panel, enter your user code you will be able to open the sensor to get at the battery. These batteries are used in all types of devices so are easy enough to get in a chemist, cost about €5-€6 each.

Hi Altor, Thanks for the reply.
    I cannot find user id on the dockets i got from the lads who installed my system. Do i ring eircom and ask them for it. By the way my sensor light went out by itself and is it possible just to change the batteries without going through the system.
    And in case i forget Many Thanks for your replies.

It is your user code that you enter when you drop the lid. You dont need the engineer code to change the batteries in the sensors. Doing this before you open the sensor lid means it wont activate the alarm.

Thanks altor,
    It worked a treat, option 04,05,06 seemed to be already deleted, so following your advice I added option 43, put in my number, added 44 ,10 done ,set the alarm off and about 2 mins later call from home telling me the alarm activated ,
    Thanks again

Thanks altor,
    It worked a treat, option 04,05,06 seemed to be already deleted, so following your advice I added option 43, put in my number, added 44 ,10 done ,set the alarm off and about 2 mins later call from home telling me the alarm activated ,
    Thanks again

Good to hear it is working but are you sure you used the engineer code ? It sound like you used your user code and could not delete option 4, 5, and 6. In this case it is ringing the monitoring station first. This is the reason for the delay. I will send you some info about the engineer code off the alarm.

• Advertisement

Hi Altor, Thanks for the reply.
    I cannot find user id on the dockets i got from the lads who installed my system. Do i ring eircom and ask them for it. By the way my sensor light went out by itself and is it possible just to change the batteries without going through the system.
    And in case i forget Many Thanks for your replies.

Sorry about this Altor but it is asking me to enter id when i drop the lid. I don't know the id is. Is it my 5 digit code that i use to set the alarm, Can't find any other id on my dockets.

Sorry about this Altor but it is asking me to enter id when i drop the lid. I don't know the id is. Is it my 5 digit code that i use to set the alarm, Can't find any other id on my dockets.

Correct, enter your user code when you drop the lid. This will bring you into your user menu and allow you work on the sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tomc

Hi Altor, Sent you an email thought your site regarding getting a quote and a service. In the meantime, can you tell me how I can silence the 'phone trouble' warning, I dont have the engineer code as it was installed by a previous owner? http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp108/Kaceman1/DSC00344.jpg

Regards

tomc wrote: »
    Hi Altor, Sent you an email thought your site regarding getting a quote and a service. In the meantime, can you tell me how I can silence the 'phone trouble' warning, I dont have the engineer code as it was installed by a previous owner? http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp108/Kaceman1/DSC00344.jpg

Regards

Hi tomc,

E-mail sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hi there, I have a concord system as above. A couple of quick questions, if you don't mind. We currently have monitoring by PW, but I was hoping to get rid of the phone line, and was considering getting rid of the monitoring in favour of a call to a mobile phone instead, so:

1) Can the box dial a number via a UPC cable phone-line?
    2) Given that I would imagine (1) is not possible, could a GSM dialer be fitted to the box to dial a mobile number?
    3) Given that PW will no longer be interested in maintaining the box if we are no longer paying monthly monitoring, can 3rd parties maintain/repair the system, should problems arise?

Many thanks.

Hi there, I have a concord system as above. A couple of quick questions, if you don't mind. We currently have monitoring by PW, but I was hoping to get rid of the phone line, and was considering getting rid of the monitoring in favour of a call to a mobile phone instead, so:

1) Can the box dial a number via a UPC cable phone-line?
    2) Given that I would imagine (1) is not possible, could a GSM dialer be fitted to the box to dial a mobile number?
    3) Given that PW will no longer be interested in maintaining the box if we are no longer paying monthly monitoring, can 3rd parties maintain/repair the system, should problems arise?

Many thanks.

The GSM would be your best option. It can be connected to the concord panel to give you a prerecorded message if the alarm does activate. Yes, any company with the experience of this system can maintain it should you have problems down the line with it.

Thanks altor,
    Thanks again

Hi ALS,

The delay is set up on option 17, it is set up in seconds. So enter the programming, add option 17, 20, done.

Hi Altor
    Thanks for all the help with my eircom system. Just 1 quick question, If you set your alarm and go out and 1 of the batteries goes in a door sensor will the alarm go off or will the light on the panel just light up.

Hi Altor
    Thanks for all the help with my eircom system. Just 1 quick question, If you set your alarm and go out and 1 of the batteries goes in a door sensor will the alarm go off or will the light on the panel just light up.

The sensor should give you a notification through the panel if the battery is going low to prevent this happening. It is always best to replace all batteries when one goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Chengo

Hi there,

I have a wireless Eircom alarm that's not monitored anymore. Getting some new windows in so have to disable the sensors on the windows. Unfortunately don't have an engineer's code and don't really feel like paying € 200 to Eircom to sort me out.

How can I find a code and then how do I go about disconnecting the sensors?

Thanks in advance.
    11102010174.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement