Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRAGGY-ISLAND MAP VOTE

• 16-11-2011 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

CRAGGY-ISLAND IRISH BF3 Server

We are setting up a running vote to keep track of people's favourite maps.

Initially it will be a simple top choice.

When we learn our lessons, we can evolve it to keep track of names so that we can dynamically modify map choice depending on who is playing.

http://app.fluidsurveys.com/surveys/ancapaillmor/craggy-server-rotation/

Here is the current status:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Everything bar Metro conquest - that map sucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

voted for:

grand bazaar conq.

sienna crossing conq.

caspien boarder conq.

i dont know about map sizes though.

i played for a bit, but it was always around 20 people on 64 map. it was more trolling points in conq. then actual warfare.

is it possible to do switching? like rush 32 when server is emptyish and 64 when **** hits the fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭SniperPaddy

voted for:

grand bazaar conq.

sienna crossing conq.

caspien boarder conq.

i dont know about map sizes though.

i played for a bit, but it was always around 20 people on 64 map. it was more trolling points in conq. then actual warfare.

is it possible to do switching? like rush 32 when server is emptyish and 64 when **** hits the fan?

That is what we are adopting now. We will get better at that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Why on god's name would you get rid of metro? 64 player metro conquest FTW!

I voted for all maps/modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yeah love Metro....me, myself and F2000 went through the enemy last night like a hot knife through butter :)
    Metro is a great map for conquest.

• Advertisement

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    yeah love Metro....me, myself and F2000 went through the enemy last night like a hot knife through butter :)

It depends what you looking for in game. If you want cheap kills and lots of kills, then yeah - great. If looking for some sort of tactical game - not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Voted for Seine, Firestorm and Kharg all Conquest.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Shotgun and Feletche ammo on Metro is more fun :P

sink wrote: »
    Everything bar Metro conquest - that map sucks!

Lol that's cos there are no tanks !!!

SOME INTERESTING VARIATION IN CHOICES.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Done

but I went unconventional ...... seen as how it is battlefield and a 32 player server .... I went for all 32 player conquest maps :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Ok so looks like seine and caspian conq are definates. Then grand bazaar conq, kharg rush and conq and firestorm conq followed by damavand rush.

an94f2000survey.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭yankinlk

i still didnt bother voting since i hardly evar remember the names of maps anyway. Good job engaging the users to pick maps... server seems to be busy once 4 of us join up sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Good server, empty a lot of the time though. No idea why Seine Crossing is so popular, absolutely terrible map.

Ok so looks like seine and caspian conq are definates. Then grand bazaar conq, kharg rush and conq and firestorm conq followed by damavand rush.

an94f2000survey.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks for the voting, lads. Interesting results. It looks like Damavand Peak and is the only map where Rush is definitely preferred to Conquest.
    We will run this map rotation for the moment. Please don't spam the vote; it's an honest effort to give the majority what they want, not the selfish few.

Caspian Border - Conquest
    Seine Crossing - Conquest
    Grand Bazaar - Conquest
    Kharg Island - Conquest
    Damavand Peak Rush
    Firestorm - Conquest
    Tehran highway - Conquest
    Metro - Conquest

CRAGGY-ISLAND: TARGETED MAP ROTATION

******************************************************************************************************************
    WE ARE NOW LOOKING AT PROFILING THE INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS' CHOICES TO DYNAMICALLY CUSTOMIZE THE MAP ROTATION TO SUIT WHO IS ON AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME.

WE ARE DOING THE VOTE IN THE CRAGGY-ISLAND PLATOON. THE MAP VOTE TEMPLATE IS BELOW.

REPLACE THE '#' WITH YOUR ORDER OF CHOICE AND POST IT IN THE CRAGGY-ISLAND PLATOON.
    (Favourites map start at '1'. Stick in a zero if you absolutely hate a map).

I WILL COLLATE THE DATA IN AN EXCEL FILE AND POST THE MAP CHOICE RESULTS.

******************************************************************************************************************

MAP VOTE 26-11-2011
    #,Caspian Border,
    #,Damavand Peak,
    #,Grand Bazaar,
    #,Kharg Island,
    #,Noshahar Canals,
    #,Operation Firestorm,
    #,Operation Metro,
    #,Seine Crossing,
    #,Teheran Highway,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Any way you can make it 2 player start? (or has that changed since patch)

Hard to get it going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

6. ,Caspian Border,
    4. ,Damavand Peak,
    7. ,Grand Bazaar,
    1. ,Kharg Island,
    6. ,Noshahar Canals,
    2. ,Operation Firestorm,
    3. ,Operation Metro,
    5. ,Seine Crossing,
    8. ,Teheran Highway,

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Any way you can make it 2 player start? (or has that changed since patch)

Hard to get it going

We have a way around that issue on Craggy :rolleyes:

We also took steps to stabilise the server and it seems to be working so far.

• Advertisement

6. ,Caspian Border,
    4. ,Damavand Peak,
    7. ,Grand Bazaar,
    1. ,Kharg Island,
    6. ,Noshahar Canals,
    2. ,Operation Firestorm,
    3. ,Operation Metro,
    5. ,Seine Crossing,
    8. ,Teheran Highway,

Cool. Put it here OR in the Craggy_Island platoon.

had good 3 games just now. 2xmetro and bazaar.

in metro our team was just raped, but we turned it around twice! trolololol!

last game was alright, but our team was strugling and people started leaving etc... ah well.

good games lads.

CRAGGY
    had good 3 games just now. 2xmetro and bazaar.

in metro our team was just raped, but we turned it around twice! trolololol!

last game was alright, but our team was strugling and people started leaving etc... ah well.

good games lads.

Some spanish plonker (Sebas87_esp) decided to base rape with a mortar despite repeated requests to cease & desist.
    He won't get another chance again ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

CRAGGY

Some spanish plonker (Sebas87_esp) decided to base rape with a mortar despite repeated requests to cease & desist.

Was that on Tehran Highway?

Last night, the US team forgot to defend their flags and were pushed back to their main. So I started to mortar the guys camping and sniping on the top shelf. I see no problem with this at all to be fair, got themselves into that position, can't be showing mercy and allowing them an easy route to the A flag.

Now I can understand not allowing tanks to drive up the hill and I think that did happen once in that round but the reason that there was no breakout was because no one bar one or two players actually even tried to come down the hill, so mortars it was.

In that round, teh US team only managed one decent breakout, near the end of the round when it was already too late.

In that situation, mortars are definitely not base rape.

CRAGGY

love to see, that you looking after server.

now can you do me a faivor? BAN everyone with IRVN OR USAS :D. my hole still sore after last night :D

karma_ wrote: »
    Was that on Tehran Highway?

Last night, the US team forgot to defend their flags and were pushed back to their main. So I started to mortar the guys camping and sniping on the top shelf. I see no problem with this at all to be fair, got themselves into that position, can't be showing mercy and allowing them an easy route to the A flag.

Now I can understand not allowing tanks to drive up the hill and I think that did happen once in that round but the reason that there was no breakout was because no one bar one or two players actually even tried to come down the hill, so mortars it was.

In that round, teh US team only managed one decent breakout, near the end of the round when it was already too late.

In that situation, mortars are definitely not base rape.

He was mortaring an uncap. That's a no, no.

love to see, that you looking after server.

now can you do me a faivor? BAN everyone with IRVN OR USAS :D. my hole still sore after last night :D

IRVN's on M50's really piss me off. They can outsnipe snipers at long distance and with support on a hill can project disproportionate power.
    To be more realistic, a soldier with an .50 should only run at half speed. FFs, it weighs 50 kilos and is supposed to be tripod mounted.

USAS are the spray&pray for console kiddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

He was mortaring an uncap. That's a no, no.

It's a fair point and I agree with Karma, if a sniper can sit safely in the uncap and snipe he's fair game whether using a sniper gun or a mortar.

It's a fair point and I agree with Karma, if a sniper can sit safely in the uncap and snipe he's fair game whether using a sniper gun or a mortar.

I tend to agree at that point. If he just sits in the uncap, using it as diplomatic immunity then bomb the **** out of him, I say :eek:

However, simply using that as an excuse to saturate an uncap as a high probability kill zone is a major no, no.

Not many people will persist in sniping from an uncap so the admin can deal with that on a case by case basis.

The issue splits on players abusing that reason from both sides. Levelling the uncap and "accidentally" scoring easy points with "collateral damage" is too much of a temptation, and risks annoying a lot of players.

Smartest course is to alert the admin first. An admin warning that they will be kicked just before the end of the game is sufficient for most pi$$ takers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Last night things got a bit heated

At the end of the day its a game... however when asked by an admin of server to respect server rules then .. it has to be adhered to.

I see both for and against on this , but when your spawning and dying at the same time it gets frustrating and then there's no chance to even get out of the spawn point.

We got locked in the base by not acting quickly enough and try for the same stupid flag ( C) then vbefore we knew it - ye had all the flags and we were confined to the base spawn point.

On a different note regarding the Guns

The F2000 will probabley get nerfed at some stage - far too much moaning done about "Oh he killed me with a ..blah blah blah"

Its part of the game .. if you dont have the said weapon - then get it and fight fre with fire

It would put you off joining TS listening to all the moaning about it .. :-) not looking at anyone in particular

Advertisement