Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

annoyed with insurance company

• 22-05-2012 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

I've no idea whether to post this in work & jobs or insurance ! Mods please move if its not appropriate here.

Basically I work for a HSE funded organisation. My salary comes from the HSE to said organisation. We are known as allied to the public sector insofar as salary scales, holidays, union agreements, public ire :( etc

Every month I pay into the HSE administered pension pot.
    Now just to be clear, I am NOT a member of any union, public sector or otherwise. My car insurance is due for renewal & I need a particular type of indemnity. I asked around in work & lots of my colleagues are with the same financial institution & get this indemnity.

So I rang them. 'Can you give me insurance even though I am not in a union.' The answer was 'yes as long as you are in public sector'. Well I'm allied to the public sector and I pay into a public sector pension fund....'hmmmm nope sorry, can't cover you'....'Right, so if I said I was a member of 'insert union name here' would you cover me'...'Yes..... No Problem. '

I spoke to my HR manager & she has told me that there should not be an issue at all.

I'm sorry I'm not sure what advice I'm looking for really, it just really annoyed me !!!!:mad::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,379 ✭✭✭✭kippy

eamor wrote: »
    I've no idea whether to post this in work & jobs or insurance ! Mods please move if its not appropriate here.

Basically I work for a HSE funded organisation. My salary comes from the HSE to said organisation. We are known as allied to the public sector insofar as salary scales, holidays, union agreements, public ire :( etc

Every month I pay into the HSE administered pension pot.
    Now just to be clear, I am NOT a member of any union, public sector or otherwise. My car insurance is due for renewal & I need a particular type of indemnity. I asked around in work & lots of my colleagues are with the same financial institution & get this indemnity.

So I rang them. 'Can you give me insurance even though I am not in a union.' The answer was 'yes as long as you are in public sector'. Well I'm allied to the public sector and I pay into a public sector pension fund....'hmmmm nope sorry, can't cover you'....'Right, so if I said I was a member of 'insert union name here' would you cover me'...'Yes..... No Problem. '

I spoke to my HR manager & she has told me that there should not be an issue at all.

I'm sorry I'm not sure what advice I'm looking for really, it just really annoyed me !!!!:mad::confused:
    May I ask what type of insurance are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eamor

kippy wrote: »
    May I ask what type of insurance are you looking for?

Hi Kippy,

I'm looking for car insurance.

eamor

• Registered Users Posts: 18,379 ✭✭✭✭kippy

eamor wrote: »
    Hi Kippy,

I'm looking for car insurance.

eamor

Why type of indemnity are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

I'm assuming it's cornmarket your trying to get insurance with. They are the only company u know that has any stipulations in relation to public sector workers. Is it class 2 or 3 use your looking for indemnity for?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eamor

I'm assuming it's cornmarket your trying to get insurance with. They are the only company u know that has any stipulations in relation to public sector workers. Is it class 2 or 3 use your looking for indemnity for?

Hey thanks for your replies folks, I actually got it sorted. In fairness they said they would look into it, and they did. I can be covered. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement