Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So... the PSP...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Hows the N64 emulator on stock speeds??

Bit of ups and downs tbh. Some games run terrible yet some run at a playable rate. Super Mario 64 is just about playable. Paper Mario runs perfect until it starts getting textures problems. It's still playable though. F-Zero runs overclocked as does Zelda. Then again Zelda is playable at stock frames, but its very very buggy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Andy!! wrote: »
    With Light custom firmware or full? I just installed pro b 10, and I'm having a little trouble. Should I just put the extracted data into PSP/GAME? The PSP says its corrupted data. And I can't delete the folder from the PSP or computer when I try. And when I look at the folder on the PSP, it has renamed itself _DEL_00000000000013273977. Very bizzare. Is it the card? Is it just a cheap chinese card or is the capacity something to do with it?

Dont actually know which version but its working 100%.

Thought you meant version of the Snes Emulator.

Its on 5.5 Gen D3 but Im having problems with it booting up that someone might help me with and I think is a CFW issue.

It wont boot on battery alone--I get a black screen and green led.If I remove battery it starts up on AC,if I then stick the battery in it it will run all day as long as I dont power off or let it go into standby.I believe it was hacked with a Pandora battery--anyone got any ideas??If I remember right there was an issue with black screens and pandora batteries??

I still have a Pandora battery here and a normal one but its the same on both.

Dont mind playing on AC but it would be handy if I could get this issue resolved..Dont mind upgrading/downgrading firmware to fix it.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

My comp asked to fix the card I had in so I said ok, and was able to delete those folders. I'll try again. All trial and error with these things :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Aye, did that before even setting about installing the LCFW. About to test a PS1 ISO.

Also, what is that permanent CFW? Can I downgrade with LCFW? Currently I'm on 6.60 OFW and LCFW.

• Advertisement

It's eboot you want, not ISO. You can rip your own ISOs and convert to eboot easily enough. PSP games are ISO.

You might need to do some fiddling around with POPSLOADER, but I can't remember much about that. I know FFVIII can be a bitch. FFIX has this weird lag whenever you cast a magic spell, even with the official PSN version.

You should be able to get full CFW if you follow the second link.

Mindkiller wrote: »
    It's eboot you want, not ISO.

For both PSP and PS1 games? It's been so long since I've done this :D

PSP -> ISO. And eboot for everything else. You'll want to place PS1 games in the GAME folder and any PSP games you might want to rip will go into an ISO folder in the root of the memory stick.

There's a cool thing you can get called game categories that does exactly as it says on the tin. Sub folders and all that stuff, rather than a mess of games. On mine I haev it subdivided by genre.

Also, what is that permanent CFW? Can I downgrade with LCFW? Currently I'm on 6.60 OFW and LCFW.

I honestly don't know. Maybe not. If you can downgrade then you need to make sure first not to downgrade beyond factory firmware. There might be a way to check that but I've never had to do it myself.

edit: Seems like maybe you can: http://pspslimhacks.com/6-xx-downgrader-v4-released/

But you should look up module checker first just to be sure. http://www.qj.net/qjnet/psp/psp-homebrew-psp-module-checker-v10.html

1g -Any
    2g with flashable motherboard -Above 3.60 ( You can not distinguish this from the next without a cfw so I’ll advise you to not flash 2g below 4.01 )
    2g with unflashable motheboard -Above 4.01
    3g -Above 4.20
    4g -Above 5.70
    5g -Above 5.70
    7g/9g -Above 6.30

So basically, it looks like anything below 7g should be ok.

OK, this is weird... I tried putting PMplayer on the system. I put the extracted folder into PSP/GAME. But that is also coming up as corrupted data, and also not actually showing up in the folder when it finished transferring.

I can understand if the card was dodgy or whatever, but the actual LCFW eboots work fine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Dug out my stock PSP and set about softmodding it (on the back of reading this thread!). I have a 9g 3003 and I stuck 6.60 Pro-B10 no problem whatsoever (after a bit of googling!). Because mine is a 9g, I don't think I can permanently flash custom firmware, but it's actually not a big deal at all because the (very talented!) people who made the mod have included a fast-restore of the mod which can be used after the initial install (takes about 2 secs in total).

So far been trying an N64 emu (DaedalusX64) with Super Mario 64 (one of my all time favorite games) and it's pretty playable....but I wouldn't want to be playing it for the first time! Some sections run fine, then others are laggy. Also, most of the text in the boxes that come up is garbled. No big deal if you have played it before, but kinda annoying nonetheless.

I've been trying a GB emu too (RIN I think it's called?) which works with every GB and GBC game I've thrown at it. It also claims to play GBA games, but Pokemon Ruby didn't work, and that's the only GBA game I've tried. It also doesn't seem to have the correct colours for GB games where the colour palette was specifically built into the GBC (Super Mario Land, Tetris etc). Otherwise it seems to be a well thought out emu.

Gonna see if I can find a GBA and a MegaDrive emu, dig up some more memories!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Heres a question--Whats the best CFW out there at the minute.See my problem above.Ive been reading about it and it seems that its related to it being hacked with a pandora.The 4gb stick I got with it doesnt have the magic memory stick software on it so I guess thats what causing the problem.

Any ideas--its driving me mad at this stage.

The 4gb stick I got with it doesnt have the magic memory stick software on it so I guess thats what causing the problem.

Any ideas--its driving me mad at this stage.

You put the software on that makes the magic stick yourself as far as I remember (this is for a permanent CFW method I assume)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

This should help a bit. No Pandora needed.

This should help a bit. No Pandora needed.

Think that will fix it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Finally got round to hacking my psp today. Got the snes and n64 emulator and so far it's looking good. Some serious nostalgia playing super mario world.

Is the ps1 emuator any good? Wouldn't mind having a go at some games I missed back then.

You can convert PS1 game images to PSP format, not every one is compatible but I've had a lot of success with it. The PSP on Cfw is an example of a console that when modified, far exceeds what it can officially do.

Think that will fix it?

Sorry I misread your post. You got a PSP with Pandora, is that right?

Sorry I misread your post. You got a PSP with Pandora, is that right?

Might be better to start again.

I bought it from adverts with 5.5 gen D3 on it and a 4gb memory stick for €20.00 euros.There was no battery with but I had a spare Pandora and a normal battery lying around.

Anyhow its running everything fine--iso`s,emulators etc.

The issue is it wont start up with a battery in it--either type.....I just get a black screen and green led.

If I take out the battery and connect it through Ac its starts fine and if I then put the battery in and take out the ac adapter it it will run fine on battery power until it either goes into standby or its turned off.

If I remember right that was an issue with being modded with a pandora battery if the magic memory stick software wasnt on the card (which its not) but its been a few years since I modded one with a pandora.

So my question is will a change of firmware to the 6.6 pro b10 resolve this?

Apologies if I sound confusing.

Arghh this is pissing me off a little bit now. I have pro b 10 on my street. Seems to work fine. But everything I put on it comes up as corrupted data (in pro b 10 mode when I transfer and highlight file). Tried it with an eboot that works fine on my XPeria Play, but it still comes up as corrupted data on the PSP! Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I updated my PSP to the latest OFW before putting on CFW last week.
    Will I be able to buy software from PSN, or will it know I'm running on CFW?
    I'm tempted to grab some Final Fantasy games and a few other PS1 classics....

• Advertisement

Mediago should work fine. I've no trouble getting on the store on my 6.20 but the download speeds on PSP are crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Got my two 16GB micro SD cards and Memory Stick PRO Duo Dual slot adapter, currently putting emulators onto the PSP, thanks for all the help in this thread guys! :D

Does a pro b CFW use popsloader? How do I turn it on if I have to enable it by booting up the system into recovery mode? Surely the PSP isn't in CFW mode then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I have a PSP 3003 on 6.31 firmware how can I make it homebrew?

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Got my two 16GB micro SD cards and Memory Stick PRO Duo Dual slot adapter, currently putting emulators onto the PSP, thanks for all the help in this thread guys! :D

Where did you buy from?

I've decided the problems I'm having are probably down to the card being too being, and being SDHC. I got one ISO to work, but not another, and haven't been able to get any EBOOT's to work. Alternatively, anyone discovered a way to roll-back to permanent CFW on any PSP by first booting up pro b?

Where did you buy from?

I've decided the problems I'm having are probably down to the card being too being, and being SDHC. I got one ISO to work, but not another, and haven't been able to get any EBOOT's to work. Alternatively, anyone discovered a way to roll-back to permanent CFW on any PSP by first booting up pro b?

Regards getting certain things to work, have you tried changing the UMD emulation mode? I think yuo press the select button on the UMB, & you get certain options to change UMD modes

I currently have it on Inferno... what would people recommend, M33?

I currently have it on Inferno... what would people recommend, M33?

I've found sometimes I had to change it for different things, have you tried all the different modes & still get the same problem?

Hmm, I don't think this is the issue. If it was, the game would show up in the XBM; it just would fail to launch. My problem is that it is showing up as corrupted data. I transfer a 780MB iso over, but the resulting file is 64KB and obviously corrupted data. I have a feeling it's the 32GB SDHC card I'm using. Going to try 2 16GB cards and see then.

• Advertisement

Hmm, I don't think this is the issue. If it was, the game would show up in the XBM; it just would fail to launch. My problem is that it is showing up as corrupted data. I transfer a 780MB iso over, but the resulting file is 64KB and obviously corrupted data. I have a feeling it's the 32GB SDHC card I'm using. Going to try 2 16GB cards and see then.

Ah I see, yeah your right that UMD mode won't affect file integrity like that.

Advertisement