Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AZBOX /Elite / HD / Premium

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Solaris10 wrote: »

Have tried that and even gone back to previous fw.5400

Anyone have a link to a for Maz 3.2 version of a sky channel list?

In Maz i get the attached error which i have to cancel to open the channel list. Nothing appears in the drop down box?

Just did another factory reset and scanned the dtt channels in no problem so the problem is with my channel list. All my favourites and settings are in the channel list so rescanning will be a pain. Deleting all the dtt channels from the list and uploading does not solve either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 endap

Hi, could anyone here repair an elite stuck on booting for me? Id pay of course. Ive tried myself but im just getting gobbledegook back to me in putty when i try to connect to yamon. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

endap wrote: »
    Hi, could anyone here repair an elite stuck on booting for me? Id pay of course. Ive tried myself but im just getting gobbledegook back to me in putty when i try to connect to yamon. Thanks.

Gobbledegook may be that you have rx & tx cables the wrong way round. Swap them around and give it another try.

tried it both ways loads of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭slegs

tried it both ways loads of times.

Its likely your cable...

Try this one, has worked for me. I had used other cables that only half worked and could never stop the Yamon with CTRL-C. The Nokia cable recommended on the web never worked for me.

http://ie.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?CMP=i-ddd7-00001003&sku=1740365

I used this with Linux and the driver was already in the OS but I am sure its easy to get for Windows also.

You need the join the wires to the cut wires from a PC Floppy drive interface connector to get connected to the serial interface on the Azbox..

Follow the instructions from here on the rest (assumes you have a Windows pc/laptop)

Note once you get an IP address via Yamon you can apply the software via AZUP or Jazup if you are using Enigma...

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

you have 2 year warranty with box ?
    seen this on ebay

did you get it going ?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭garrycann78

i'm looking for an internal power supply for an azbox elite hd - does anyone have links to a supplier. google hasnt been my friend as i cant seem to locate one. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Was that just slegs I saw posting ?

I had to check the date! :)

STB wrote: »
    Was that just slegs I saw posting ?

I had to check the date! :)

Still alive and kicking :)

i'm looking for an internal power supply for an azbox elite hd - does anyone have links to a supplier. google hasnt been my friend as i cant seem to locate one. thanks

I can send you one...PM me your details

• Advertisement

well ,i finally got it going again.Had to buy a usb ttl adaptor and got in to yamon. E2 loaded again now so happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

well ,i finally got it going again.Had to buy a usb ttl adaptor and got in to yamon. E2 loaded again now so happy days!!

i had to do the same a few months ago, all going ok now.

using the latest OpenAZBox PLi image. a few little problems but generally works well. i even got it to record 4 channels from the same transponder and tuner at the same time and it didn't crash. they were free to air channels but i thought it was good going.

openrsi have a new modified version of this image with the cardreader working but my card is in my dm500 so i don't think i'll bother changing for the moment.

wouldn't mind being able to use the webtv function that i have on the dm500 for live streaming to the pc. i've tried it a few times using vlc but never got it going. anyone know a handy way of making this work?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Greenpiece

Is that OpenRSI 3.0 kernel 3.3.1 ( new drivers and kernel)?

I have Premium HD and was wondering if it is safe to try this.

Greenpiece wrote: »
    Is that OpenRSI 3.0 kernel 3.3.1 ( new drivers and kernel)?

I have Premium HD and was wondering if it is safe to try this.

i'm using the latest image (open azbox mod release 2) and it uses the same drivers and kernel as the openrsi 3 image. i've had no problems so far.

use azup227 to update the image so you dont have any problems with mismatch of kernel's as some recent images were using kernel 3.3.5.

image is stable, runs cross epg and cooltv guide, records ok and runs the softcam ok. the odd sound problem but that is in all the enigma2 images as far as i know.

the few things that haven't got working are timeshift and the webtv in the webinterface but these are minor issues. i use it daily and i've no major problems. i'm using it on 2 different premium plus boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 happyhammer

Probably not just related to AZBOX but since thats what i'm using, i'll ask here.

I used to be able to recieve most Sky IT sports/ Calcio/primafila, incl HD.
    a while back they changed the transmission to DVB-S2 8psk 29990 for HD and DVB-s qpsk 29990 for SD channels. Most of these i can no longer pick up. i'm in the west of the country.

Is this a known signal c overage problem with these channel changes? will simply getting a bigger dish solve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭kerrywez

Probably not just related to AZBOX but since thats what i'm using, i'll ask here.

I used to be able to recieve most Sky IT sports/ Calcio/primafila, incl HD.
    a while back they changed the transmission to DVB-S2 8psk 29990 for HD and DVB-s qpsk 29990 for SD channels. Most of these i can no longer pick up. i'm in the west of the country.

Is this a known signal c overage problem with these channel changes? will simply getting a bigger dish solve it?

Hi I am in Kerry and have no problem with them using a 90cm dish so I would think that it will not be a dish problem and I have a friend who gets sly it on a smaller dish.

Regards Wez

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭kkontour

How to you change the Audio stream?
    It used to be mapped to the yellow button on my remote with the old image I had - OpenRSI, but now that I have loaded the OpenAZBox PLi image I can seem to find the key.
    Tks
    KK
    tapfit2004 wrote: »
    i had to do the same a few months ago, all going ok now.

using the latest OpenAZBox PLi image. a few little problems but generally works well. i even got it to record 4 channels from the same transponder and tuner at the same time and it didn't crash. they were free to air channels but i thought it was good going.

openrsi have a new modified version of this image with the cardreader working but my card is in my dm500 so i don't think i'll bother changing for the moment.

wouldn't mind being able to use the webtv function that i have on the dm500 for live streaming to the pc. i've tried it a few times using vlc but never got it going. anyone know a handy way of making this work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

Just went from my Elite with 1.7 to the latest OpenRsi image on the prem+.
    its fine its working good now. The Mediaplayer seems to be better and the recording etc is good.

Will migrate the ELite after xmas and put in another room.

kkontour wrote: »
    How to you change the Audio stream?
    It used to be mapped to the yellow button on my remote with the old image I had - OpenRSI, but now that I have loaded the OpenAZBox PLi image I can seem to find the key.
    Tks
    KK

use the check button to the right aboce the ok and arrow buttons

Hi guys,

Not sure if many / any of you are using original fw on your azbox's but if so i have a query in relation to Morsers getepg.
    I manually load a weeks sky epg via a ./getepg command which takes about five mins but works well.
    The issue i have is if for any reason i need to perform a reboot the downloaded epg data in skyuk.epg and all_channel.dat do not reload.

Is there a command that might reload the allready downloaded data from these files?

This would save me having to start from scratch and download the full 7 days of data again.

I have Priority Manager Plugin installed and think adding a command in the PriorityManager reload_tv.sh file could be the solution?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Have a Premium HD+
    I have tried to save new tp details recently but nothing is saved.
    I have been able to do this before but not now.
    F/W 9.5402
    Maybe I have missed something but entered all the info & clicked ok to save as suggested.
    Appreciate any advice anyone has.
    Ta

bodonnell wrote: »
    Have a Premium HD+
    I have tried to save new tp details recently but nothing is saved.
    I have been able to do this before but not now.
    F/W 9.5402
    Maybe I have missed something but entered all the info & clicked ok to save as suggested.
    Appreciate any advice anyone has.
    Ta

I have noticed this somtimes too, maybe the frequency of the tp you are adding is allready in the tp list or else one with a very close frequency?
    If there is a similar tp frequency allready in place and you dont need it then delete that tp and try adding the new one again, this has worked for me.
    If you want to use the same frequency but different fec polarity etc then they can all be edited (except frequency) in "advanced scan"
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

I have noticed this somtimes too, maybe the frequency of the tp you are adding is allready in the tp list or else one with a very close frequency?
    If there is a similar tp frequency allready in place and you dont need it then delete that tp and try adding the new one again, this has worked for me.
    If you want to use the same frequency but different fec polarity etc then they can all be edited (except frequency) in "advanced scan"
    Best of luck

Thanks,
    will try that when I get home

OAM² is new generation of Open AZBox MOD Enigma 2 Images for AZBox Receivers.

OAM² Enigma 2 Images are fully based on OpenPLi 3.0 Enigma 2 Image and OpenPLi Open Source Project

OAM² use Python 2.7

its at the link below.

http://openazbox.info/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=587

Hi guys your my last resort to solve my problem with my AZBox Premium HD. I got the box stuck on boot, but have managed to recover it again, the problem that I have is there is no signal going to the TV from the box, I have tried everything HDMI, Scart, Composite and still nothing. I feel that i my have dislodged something in the innards of the box, as I had to connect to it to recover it from the crash.
    The VFD is working and I can see from it that the patch has loaded ok, as it is showing settings, which is right and I can change the resolution of the picture and the method of sending the signal from the box to the TV.

I am hoping that someone else has come across this problem before and might have a cure for me. I even left the box for months like this and hoped that be some miracle it would work when I turned it on again, but nothing is happening still. I even went to the expense of buying one of the Amiko Ailen 2 boxes, but it is not any great use to me as the picture breaks up too much on the share, which I know is working right as a friend of mine has the same one and his box is working fine, and i have been forced to go back to my very old, but reliable, DMM 500s, which has a very stable picture on the same share.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read this and who considers my plight. If I cannot find an answer here then I am afraid I will have to send the box back to Portugal to have it repaired, the postage alone is bloody ridicules, let alone what they will charge for the fixing of the box.

Best regards Wez

• Registered Users Posts: 20,474 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

kerrywez wrote: »
    Hi guys your my last resort to solve my problem with my AZBox Premium HD. I got the box stuck on boot, but have managed to recover it again, the problem that I have is there is no signal going to the TV from the box, I have tried everything HDMI, Scart, Composite and still nothing. I feel that i my have dislodged something in the innards of the box, as I had to connect to it to recover it from the crash.
    The VFD is working and I can see from it that the patch has loaded ok, as it is showing settings, which is right and I can change the resolution of the picture and the method of sending the signal from the box to the TV.

I am hoping that someone else has come across this problem before and might have a cure for me. I even left the box for months like this and hoped that be some miracle it would work when I turned it on again, but nothing is happening still. I even went to the expense of buying one of the Amiko Ailen 2 boxes, but it is not any great use to me as the picture breaks up too much on the share, which I know is working right as a friend of mine has the same one and his box is working fine, and i have been forced to go back to my very old, but reliable, DMM 500s, which has a very stable picture on the same share.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read this and who considers my plight. If I cannot find an answer here then I am afraid I will have to send the box back to Portugal to have it repaired, the postage alone is bloody ridicules, let alone what they will charge for the fixing of the box.

Best regards Wez

Something similar is being described here

http://www.austech.info/newbie-satellite/80649-azbox-premium-hd-no-signal-except-loop-through.html

and here

http://www.satpimps.com/showthread.php?133614-Azbox-HD-Elite-No-Signal-Quality-No-Voltage-from-Tuner

Suggestion seems to be possible damage to a board, loss of LNB power.

Many thanks mate, but my problem is that the box is not sending any signal to the TV, I cannot even see the boot screen or anything. It has something to do with the modulation from the box to the TV. I loaded the Spaze 2.2 image onto the box and it is there OK, even went into the setup helper thingy, but the only place I could see it is on the front of the box. Loading any image is handy enough and I do have the box sending, or rather that should be trying, to send anything to the TV in the HDMI format, a HDMI cable from the box to the TV and the TV on HDMI input. At the moment I am not bothered about the box getting anything from the LNB, my problem is between the box and the TV.

Thanks again and best regards Wez

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

OpenSpa 2.0 beta for AZbox (Based on OpenPLi 3.0)

News

- New drivers dated 15/03/2013
    - New Spanish translation with many texts corrected
    - New version of TVweb with modifications and changes to the modules
    - Fixed bug in internal wifi premium / premium +
    - Fixed gui restart the download of EPG
    - Fixed problem with channel selection and blue key.
    - Fixed the recording standby
    - Repaired Symlinks
    - Added icon infobar pending downloads (Appears if new downloads)
    - Added new USB devices to spzusbdevices TDT
    - Other small fixes

Download:

AZbox HD: Download OpenSPA AZBox HD 2.1
    AZbox ME (Webif): Download OpenSPA 1.2 AZBox Me
    AZbox MiniME (Webif): Download OpenSPA 1.2 AZBox Minime

AZUp 2.2.7: Download Installer 2.2.7 AZUp

NOTE: For HD AZBox firmware to use the latest version of AZUp.

Tvweb, is based on plugins and pelisalacarta tvalacarta of Jesus, for more info you can visit their website: http://blog.tvalacarta.info/

Hi jimmyjim11 thanks for that, but there is no point in my putting that, or any other image on the box, as it is. I have been looking at the cost of sending it for repair and to be honest it is hardly wort the expense, €40 to an post to send it there, be about the same return and what ever it would cost to have the repair done, too much for me I feel.

Best regards Wez

• Advertisement

kerrywez wrote: »
    Many thanks mate, but my problem is that the box is not sending any signal to the TV, I cannot even see the boot screen or anything. It has something to do with the modulation from the box to the TV. I loaded the Spaze 2.2 image onto the box and it is there OK, even went into the setup helper thingy, but the only place I could see it is on the front of the box. Loading any image is handy enough and I do have the box sending, or rather that should be trying, to send anything to the TV in the HDMI format, a HDMI cable from the box to the TV and the TV on HDMI input. At the moment I am not bothered about the box getting anything from the LNB, my problem is between the box and the TV.

Thanks again and best regards Wez

Did you try to access using the Web interface to see if it is actually up and running. Did you try scart?

Advertisement