Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Last podcast you listened to

• 09-01-2012 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,198 ✭✭✭✭

Just a general thread where you can discuss what the last podcast you listened to was and what you thought of it.

I listened to SModcast 196 again this morning (last weeks SModcast). They've been on a bit of a roll lately, this episode was great. I appreciate why they put up old live shows they did, so as they aren't off air for a week, but those shows always tend to be weaker. This show was great though. The robot talk was a bit hit and miss, but everything after that, Steve Guttenberg and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (spoilers if you haven't seen it) was brilliant.

Now going to listen to some Giant Bombcast

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Last one i listened to was Adam Carolla's first live one back after the Christmas break.
    It was his state of the union and about the departure of Donny from ACE Broadcasting.

Very good episode.

I dont always agree with his point of views but he is one funny dude.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Last podcast I listened to was an old episode of Review-a-Wai. Two Canadians review old wrestling shows (sometimes films); giving context and thoughtful discussion in an entertaining package. The one i was listening to last night was reviewing WWF RAW from November 2001, the day after WWF vanquished WCW and Ric Flair returned. I love hearing about these old shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mc_grens

The BS Report with kevin Wildes, and then The Basketball Jones from today.

• Site Banned Posts: 175 ✭✭jimjimjimmy

ESPN Football Today. My favourite podcast, it's American Football, not soccer for those who are don't know. Best football podcast bar none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Jim Jeffries podcast he does with some awful comedian and a homeless guy. Good for a laugh if you have a dark sense of humor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

The History of Rome. Needed to catch up a bit, just finished the latest 10 episodes. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Football weekly - the Guardian. Every Monday and Thursday teatime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Tell Em Steve Dave No. 98. Rapidly becoming my favourite Smod Show other then HBO. Does anyone listen to I Sell Comics

• Registered Users Posts: 33,198 ✭✭✭✭Penn

stuchyg wrote: »
    Tell Em Steve Dave No. 98. Rapidly becoming my favourite Smod Show other then HBO. Does anyone listen to I Sell Comics

I've fallen behind on it but started listening again. Up to about #13 or so. It's alright, particularly when they have more than just Mike and Ming. Mike has some unreal knowledge of comics though. Issue numbers from the 60's and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

Of the ball show and US murph on Newstalk
    I need to expand my podcasting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I listened to the Film Sack one about that mental 70's Sean Connery Sci Fi movie Zardoz.

Penn Jillette episode of The Nerdist. Listened to this a bunch of times already, but just a really funny, entertaining interview.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I was listening to the Planet Money podcast the other day and they said the stadium in Dallas cost a billion dollars. A billion? I know it's a big sport and big money, but a billion dollars for a stadium. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

The infinite monkey cage. A brilliant series of podcasts about science. Professor Brian Cox and lots of comedians etc. highly recOmmend.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ilmm2012

The Ray Darcy show on 2fm on Thurs, LIsa was amazing very brave girl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

A Life Well Wasted - A very thoughtful game podcast. There are only six episodes but they're extremely well made.

Nerdist - My most regular one, just did a bit of catching up. Great as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

KPCS with guest Harry Shearer, what a career that guy has had.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

The Football Ramble, just one of many podcasts i listen to.

The Nerdist - Aisha Tyler

She was actually a really great guest. Very smart and funny. Had no idea she did stand-up. Might even check out her own podcast, Girl On Guy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The Now Show (BBC R4) - Feb 10th.

Good fun...some spot on observations, I think.

• Advertisement

Listened to the two Jay & Silent Bob Get Old Dublin shows. Was at the first one myself. First one starts off great but leads into a very long story about teeth which isn't that funny. Second show is better all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

This American Life, love it so much, plus the iphone app is so handy.

Hollywod Babble On - great pod every week, Ralph Garman is hilarious, i find myself laughing out loud every time i listen

Plus One #30: Good Dog

Kevin Smith and his wife talking about their dog that died. Still a pretty funny episode, but there was a bit of crying and shaky voices.... and that was only from Kevin. His wife was solid as a rock.

Currently listening to Get Up On This #31: w/ Scott Mosier (because I'm a sucker for SModCo shows). Must listen to this podcast more often. pretty good. They discuss things like music, movies, tv, internet etc... things which aren't big yet or that not a lot of people know about, but that they think is worth looking into. Pretty good show

@Penn Mosier is the best thing bout Smod. He has recently recorded a pod with Matt Mira from Nerdist, should be worth a listen when posted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Adam corrolla show non stop for about 3 weeks

stuchyg wrote: »
    @Penn Mosier is the best thing bout Smod. He has recently recorded a pod with Matt Mira from Nerdist, should be worth a listen when posted

Just heard about that on that episode of Get Up On This. Should be good. Mosier has been on amazing form over the last few months on SModcast

Penn wrote: »
    Just heard about that on that episode of Get Up On This. Should be good. Mosier has been on amazing form over the last few months on SModcast

He really is getting better on mic, im a big kev smith fan but Mos needs much more air time. Looking forward to the new Spiderman show he worked on

This American Life 'Slow to React'.

Featuring a story of a man who was raped when he was 7 years old. Powerful radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tvc15

Penn's Sunday school, loved his nerdier podcast so I was happy he came out with his own

Other than that, Adam Carrolla and Neil Degrass Tyson fill my long commutes

Advertisement