Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Harrys Future

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    That's just nuts, I'd expect no lower than in the region of 30 mill plus.

£16M is about €20m in euro's.

Why would another team pay much more then that for a player who is off form, has a history of wanting to leave (incl refusing to play), who's contract is now a year less in lenght and who's goal scoring record isn't up to scratch when compared to his peers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

£16M is about €20m in euro's.

Why would another team pay much more then that for a player who is off form, has a history of wanting to leave (incl refusing to play), who's contract is now a year less in lenght and who's goal scoring record isn't up to scratch when compared to his peers.

The team is off form, not Modric in particular. He has been a model of consistency for the last few years and hasn't become a bad player in the space of a few weeks.

He isn't supposed to score goals. Admittedly it would be nice if he did, but football is a team game. What matters is his effect on the team. I'd prefer Modric to someone like Poyet, Platt or Cahill; goalscorers who didn't really contribute much to midfield play.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan. I dont want to see him go, I just dont think we'll get near to 30m we got offered last summer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

There’s not many players like Modric around, (my knowledge of European football isn’t great) okay his goal scoring form is píss poor and he’s been off kilter. But when it comes to negations Levy plays hardball, so going on the cheap is farcical.

When buffoons like Dalglish blow their load on the likes of Downing & Henderson for similar money, your suggesting Modric fits that bracket?

Any Utd fans I’ve talked to would love him, Macini was raving about him a few weeks back.

Your estimation falls short, he’s not being playing well of late and neither has anyone else bar Parker, but let’s not forget the magic he’s produced for the majority of the season, and may yet do so?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan. I dont want to see him go, I just dont think we'll get near to 30m we got offered last summer

Well if his value does go down it will be because his contract is running out, not because his form dropped along with the rest of the team for a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

I say bring back Martin Jol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Kiith wrote: »
    No way in hell should we be selling Modric, for anything, nevermind £15-16 million. He's one of our best players, and a fantastic midfielder. He might not be playing as well as he was last year, but name me one player (bar Parker and Freidel) who are still playing like they were?

It's not a problem with an individual, it's the team.

agree with you on all but id add walker into that mix too

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

From Harry Hotspur

Good afternoon. This is your captain speaking. We are currently nose-diving at the speed of light and our estimated time of crash landing is full time against Fulham. On an upbeat note the tears of the on board fans will extinguish all flames so at least nobody will be burned to death.
    This then from a poster on GloryGlory.net, Leeds Spur.
    Just been speaking to a friend that knows people high up at Sky Sports. Sad the England/Harry deal is done and it was meant to be on the QT but the players found out and there was a massive row with Harry and the players with them saying he betrayed them. Bale to Barca, Modric to City and Walker to Man Utd bids in already.
    The source is the Head of Research at Sky Sports.
    Harry tried to blag the lads and it all came out, agents telling their players. He has lost the dressing room, they all know he’s off.
    Extraordinary or excrement?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

I'd take all that with a large handful of salt.

I’m sure the players have an inkling that Redknapp is likely to take the England job unless you have your head in the sand?

Modric to City, certainly a possibility? He won’t be in a Tottenham jersey come the start of the year.

Bale to Barca, he said he wants to play there and he fits the mould.

Walker to Utd, very likely that someone will bid for him considering the season he's had. Can only improve as a player. Utd have a tendency poaching our players, although I hope he stays.

• Advertisement

I’m sure the players have an inkling that Redknapp is likely to take the England job unless you have your head in the sand?

Modric to City, certainly a possibility? He won’t be in a Tottenham jersey come the start of the year.

Bale to Barca, he said he wants to play there and he fits the mould.

Walker to Utd, very likely that someone will bid for him considering the season he's had. Can only improve as a player. Utd have a tendency poaching our players, although I hope he stays.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, take a deep breath.

It looks likely that 'Arry will jump ship, but who knows.

I'd say Modric is about 50/50 to stay.

I'd be surprised if Bale doesn't stay for at least one more season.

I'd be amazed if Walker was sold.

SuprSi wrote: »
    There's some pretty big ITK on another forum at the moment that Harry has already agreed to sign for England, but wanted to keep it quiet until after the season ended. The news got out, and the players revolted - in other words he's lost the dressing room.

Obviously a pinch of salt is required, but it would make sense considering the timing of it and the resulting performances. If true, our season is definitely over as there's no way the team will motivate themselves to get enough points for 4th.

anyone else hear anymore on this??

dismissing england link today on sky sports

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

With Spurs sitting fourth in the table, Redknapp would be forgiven for attending Tuesday's game wearing a Barca shirt and waving a huge blue and red flag in support of the defending European champions - but surprisingly, he wants Chelsea to win.

"I'll be rooting for Chelsea," Redknapp said. "I haven't even thought about [missing out if Chelsea win the competition].

"If Chelsea stay in it they've got a Champions League final to prepare for, and then they've got a lot on their plate haven't they? I want to see an English team win it anyway and I think they can do it."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/12/04/20/SOCCER_Tottenham_Nightlead.html&BID=165

I can't believe he said this... Probably the dumbest thing he has said, and he has said a lot of stupid things.

RoboClam wrote: »
    http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/12/04/20/SOCCER_Tottenham_Nightlead.html&BID=165

I can't believe he said this... Probably the dumbest thing he has said, and he has said a lot of stupid things.

Yeah it is shocking, I reckon he just hadn't thought about it and didn't wanna go back on saying he wished Chelsea the best.

Not the statement of a man who is planning on being with us next year. Although the way things are going he won't be offered the England job.

If we lose against QPR he might start rooting for Barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

RoboClam wrote: »

I saw this on FB earlier and was shocked,he also thinks we don't have a better squad than Liverpool:confused:,he's beginning to lose me now at this stage.

got atxt off a mate saying harry has had big bust up with a few of the players and adebayor has said he doesnt wanna play for hiim anymore and is refusing to play in the remaining games.

story to be broke tomorro in the papers. anyone hear anything???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

keane=cock wrote: »
    got atxt off a mate saying harry has had big bust up with a few of the players and adebayor has said he doesnt wanna play for hiim anymore and is refusing to play in the remaining games.

story to be broke tomorro in the papers. anyone hear anything???
    That story is all over twitter ... time will tell if there's truth in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

Yeah just got a call from a friend, lets call him Rosie, if I fancy togging out for a few games until May. I can have my pick of positions... :-D

also heard walker has won young player of the year after betting was suspended.

and that harry has said he will never play for the club again as long as he is in charge due to the bust up above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

And all these tweets also state that ade has removed all reference to spurs from his website (which is complete bullsh!t)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

gar wrote: »

What about fcuking dos santos too. Never given a chance bar a couple of minutes here or there. If he hates him so much, why wasn't he turfed out. If your gonna keep him, play him ffs and let him try and build a career for himself at WHL. He could have been used several times to freshen things up. He's no bale but he could have been very dangerous if played in the right manner at the lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

There might be truth in some of this. Harry was saying last week that players were injured but he wouldnt see who it was, strange

The rot has truly set in, never wanted a season to end so abruptly. I’ll support them to the bitter end regardless. Players are equally to blame, there not like players from bygone years. Too much mollycoddling and paid vast fortunes have inflated certain players egos.

Redknapp doesn’t have the ability to motivate the same players who have performed well for ¾ of the season, a possible falling out behind the scenes.

They were at their worst against QPR and never really looked like scoring. If they turn up to Ewood park with the same attitude then they’ll batter us.

Jol must be counting down the days to his return to The Lane.

Moyes is surely worth a punt? He's experienced in the Premier league managing on a shoe string budget. Glamorous he aint, but given time he could turn us into a serious outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

If they turn up to Ewood park with the same attitude then they’ll batter us. [/FONT]

Thankfully we are at home to Blackburn, if it were away I would not be too confident whatsoever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd put money on Moyes being the next Utd manager. I'd be very happy with Capello though, and i'd even take Rafa. He's a bit on the weird side, but tactically he's excellent.

Hatch99 wrote: »

why not increase the squad????
    :confused:

he is the manager ffs. he doesnt do it who will??

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd put money on Moyes being the next Utd manager. I'd be very happy with Capello though, and i'd even take Rafa. He's a bit on the weird side, but tactically he's excellent.

no, no ****ing way

Advertisement