Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Olympics (Weightlifting)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 376 ✭✭cambridge

jesus ****ing disgusted by the pulaku test. obviously was too good to be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

cambridge wrote: »
    jesus ****ing disgusted by the pulaku test. obviously was too good to be true

Not exactly a surprise.

Was to me, but I am extremely naive. I have been following his training videos on youtube for months, just thought he was some simple shepards son from albania who was born with a unique gift. he took a plane to the usa and trained like a professional and made impossible gains. he seemed like such a talented, modest, hard working, unassuming, nice man. He was like a smaller chubbier version of Clarence.

I think i'm done with wl now. it's full of cheats and charlatans and PED abusers.

I bet we'll find out soon that Zoe smith's arse is injected full of silicone.

Was to me, but I am extremely naive. I have been following his training videos on youtube for months, just thought he was some simple shepards son from albania who was born with a unique gift. he took a plane to the usa and trained like a professional and made impossible gains. he seemed like such a talented, modest, hard working, unassuming, nice man. He was like a smaller chubbier version of Clarence.

I think i'm done with wl now. it's full of cheats and charlatans and PED abusers.

Welcome to the real world!

All the adjectives you have used to describe him still aplly imo. He just happened to get the timing wrong.
    I bet we'll find out soon that Zoe smith's arse is injected full of silicone

You take that back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Paudee wrote: »

High def Julia and high def Zoe might be worth it. Hmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

I think i'm done with wl the olympics now. it's full of cheats and charlatans and PED abusers.

Where there's a substance that can give a clear advantage, the gold medalist for that sport will be on it. With some exceptions of course.

I actually think we're clean country though olympics wise. I really think the Irish are too honest/naive or whatever to actually compete in this thing in a lot of sports.

Michelle Smith proved that when we take the same crap the others take we're up there.

Had to raise a serious eyebrow when Sun Yang appeared to sprout a propeller in yesterdays 400m freestyle. Same with Ye the 16 year old. The Chinese have obviously come up with some kind of "Last 100m Juice".

It's awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

kevpants wrote: »
    f "Last 100m Juice".

Americans took the 200-300m juice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

squod wrote: »
    Americans took the 200-300m juice

The 16 year old Chinese girl did a faster last 50 than Lochte did. Couldn't be more suspicious if she had a beard.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

These 53s be missing. Much emo on display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

The 16 year old Chinese girl did a faster last 50 than Lochte did. Couldn't be more suspicious if she had a beard.

American juice < Chinese juice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭COH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

New world record with the C&G in the 53kg's by chinshanslo 131kkg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

and new Olympic Record for the total.
    226kg. mental

Feckin little ball of dynamite!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Davei141 wrote: »
    New world record with the C&G in the 53kg's by chinshanslo 131kkg

Her cleans looked ridiculously easy. She cleaned 135kg like it was nothing, looked like she could clean way more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

It is extremely naive to believe the above isn't true just because he was popped. He'd still be very good if he was clean, only he'd be 'US' good instead of 'rest of the world' good. No amount of drugs can make you that fast.

He's been training with Abadjiev for years btw, he didn't just decide to do it for the craic.

Anyone see the olympic record set in the 56 'B' session? Someone equalled Mutlu's C&J WR 168.

i've seen the videos of him training when he was a small child. i think it's repulsive that he was attempting to hide the fact he has been drug taking for a long time. Contaminated protein powder excuse?

why don't they just hold a no questions asked world champion ship with a bit of prize money so we can find out how good you can get while off your rocker on nandrolone and creatine and then have a seperate comp for the americans and the non-users to see who is best at keeping within the rules

• cambridge wrote: »
    why don't they just hold a no questions asked world champion ship with a bit of prize money so we can find out how good you can get while off your rocker on nandrolone and creatine and then have a seperate comp for the americans and the non-users to see who is best at keeping within the rules

you reminded me of the first half of this clip

why don't they just hold a no questions asked world champion ship with a bit of prize money so we can find out how good you can get while off your rocker on nandrolone

They do, it's called the A session.

Also, creatine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I don't really care about the gymnastics, but only copped it that Shawn Johnson isn't competing this year. Well disappointed, her twitter is the best thing ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

A lot of misses on the jerks in this session

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Lifter from the B session wins the gold. What happened there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    Lifter from the B session wins the gold. What happened there?

He hit world record numbers.

18 year old Azerbajani hitting 127/159 for a 286 total.

Poor Jingbiao. That clean and jerk from the korean was insane. 168kg at 56kg, 3x bodyweight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Paudee wrote: »
    why don't they just hold a no questions asked world champion ship with a bit of prize money so we can find out how good you can get while off your rocker on nandrolone

They do, it's called the A session.

Also, creatine?

Creatine.. the real steroid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Molly wrote: »
    A lot of misses on the jerks in this session

Giggidy!

Dead Ed wrote: »
    Poor Jingbiao. That clean and jerk from the korean was insane. 168kg at 56kg, 3x bodyweight.

I got a text off The Pig from the arena informing me because she knew I wasn't watching it. How sound.

Hanley wrote: »
    I got a text off The Pig from the arena informing me because she knew I wasn't watching it. How sound.
    Haha, that'll require vengeance. "erm, sorry I forgot the anniversary..."

Tomorrow's schedule

If i sleep in i'm going to be so sad.

• Advertisement

Dead Ed wrote: »
    Haha, that'll require vengeance. "erm, sorry I forgot the anniversary..."

Tomorrow's schedule

I'm thinking dumping her on her birthday or something is fair!? Oh, she has a vid too. I'll post it when I get it.

...and I picked some f*cking month to start building a gym. Missing bloody everything :mad:

Advertisement