Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is anyone planning on going to DCU?

Options
  • 20-01-2015 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Suppose the titles self explanatory but I just was wondering if many are going to DCU

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sarah_97

I intend to do the business course in dcu if I get the required points. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

How much is it?

How much is it?

It's 455 at the moment but I expect it to go up by 15 points this year so 470 is the target go me.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

sarah_97 wrote: »
    It's 455 at the moment but I expect it to go up by 15 points this year so 470 is the target go me.

why do you expect it to go up 15? if i remember correctly its pretty much always been around 450, according to my friend on the course anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Katie97123

Hoping for psychology in DCU. 535 seems to keep on getting further and further away tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Clare0101

I'm planning on doing science education hopefully, my mind changes constantly though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Is there actually a set date when you cant change your course online before a fee applies or can you still wait until june if you're not sure what you'll be doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MaryHannah

You can change your mind up until the 1st of July for free, although there's a few months that you can't do it between I think maybe March and April? It's silly really, other than that, you can change it as many times as you want until the 1st of July!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

CAO closing date for applications is the 1st of February. It re-opens for Change of Mind on the 5th of May and closes on the 1st of July. You can change your courses during that period.

I'd suggest not leaving it until the last moment because it might get a little laggy or in a worst case scenario crash altogether.

Kremin wrote: »
    why do you expect it to go up 15? if i remember correctly its pretty much always been around 450, according to my friend on the course anyway?

Here's the points history for the last 3 yrs.

Year Points
    2014 455
    2013 440
    2012 425

• Advertisement

Here's the points history for the last 3 yrs.

Year Points
    2014 455
    2013 440
    2012 425

Interesting, demand rises as the country begins to recover. Where can you check the history btw?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

MaryHannah wrote: »
    You can change your mind up until the 1st of July for free, although there's a few months that you can't do it between I think maybe March and April? It's silly really...
    As usual, there are reasons ... :p

CAO churn out a lot of numbers after the 1st of February to colleges, which allows them to do some planning (though obviously figures can change in the last change of mind period, but they can make projections based on such changes in the years before to get a pretty accurate guesstimate). That wouldn't take 3 months though.

From the students' point of view, it represents 3 months when it's fairly pointless obsessing about course choices, and they can't hop in and change things every day, and hopefully they concentrate instead on studying and getting those points.

Interesting, demand rises as the country begins to recover. Where can you check the history btw?

Go to qualifax.ie and fill in the information and you preferred course will come up. It has all the information and at the end of the page it will have the points from previous years. Hope it helps :)

Go to qualifax.ie and fill in the information and you preferred course will come up. It has all the information and at the end of the page it will have the points from previous years. Hope it helps :)

Thanks!

Oh great the course I wanted went up 50 points in the last year, just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Oh great the course I wanted went up 50 points in the last year, just brilliant.

It's very unlikely that it'll go up a *whole* lot more then. So..good news maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Thanks!

What course would that be? Mine also jumped similar points :(

Magnate wrote: »
    What course would that be? Mine also jumped similar points :(

Common entry into Actuarial Maths, seems like its gonna go right up to 540 with the direct entry in the next two years :l

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sunshinejo

Yeah I do hopefully to study journalism, points are insane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Journalism here. Need 440 but aiming for 460-480 to be safe.

Same as me. Are you doing many HL subjects? I'm struggling to keep 5 but need the points!

• Advertisement

I'm doing 7 HL, I was gonna drop history or english but honestly I don't see the point, just gonna use one as a backup in case the other one is horrible. I am not doing much study for either of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

sunshinejo wrote: »
    Same as me. Are you doing many HL subjects? I'm struggling to keep 5 but need the points!

4. I'm gonna need a lot of luck to get in!

Omg don't even start with history I do a case study every night so much to learn!!

I know right! We may start saying our hail Mary's

Advertisement