Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well deserved champers, you must be chuffed to get the 16-miler out of the way this weekend! You're doing great, and there's still lots of time before Conn. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

I would have told Matt I was feeling 'fcuking sh1t' if he asked me how I was, I don't hold back with him. He's be disgusted if I did! :pac:

Haha, I'll tell the truth next time so. Although he might quit on me after the abuse...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I have to say if you did take the head off me, i would probably have not heard you as the wind was sheer awful on the S bends. I was glad to get back to the car myself.

Heavens opened 10 minutes later at home so we finished up at the right time. Well done again on the 16 miles in terrible weather, doubt it will be any worse in Conn.

Champers will go down well i bet.

RQ, i am a very shy person so please don't shout at me as i may cry:D

I hope the Wexican made it home alive. He was last seen heading off along the 15 acres into a gale:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done missus. Sorry I couldn't make it, I got the opportunity of a rare lie-in and I took it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great stuff claralara! Hope the shins will settle down for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

claralara wrote: »
    Longest run ever for claralara. I’m delirah to have 16 miles under my belt – I was like a giddy schoolgirl when I got home! :D

You seem surprised, I'm not!

Well done!

chinguetti wrote: »
    I hope the Wexican made it home alive. He was last seen heading off along the 15 acres into a gale:pac:

Any sign of the poor dude yet?! I saw something flying by my window this morning - could have been a yellow balloon, could have been a high viz wexican...:rolleyes:
    jcsmum wrote: »
    Well done missus. Sorry I couldn't make it, I got the opportunity of a rare lie-in and I took it. :)

It would have been rude not to! :)

Week 6/14
    Monday Rest / Stretch/Strength
    Tuesday 4miles
    Wednesday 8miles
    Thursday 4miles
    Friday Rest / Stretch/Strength
    Saturday 17miles :eek:
    Sunday 40mins X

Down to single digits - 9 weeks to go. It's getting scary now...:eek:

Down to single digits - 9 weeks to go. It's getting scary now...:eek:

What are you scared about?, 16 done, 10 to go:D

None of that :eek:'ing out of you about a 17 miler, it's only a teeny little bit further than what you've already done! :)

• Advertisement

None of that :eek:'ing out of you about a 17 miler, it's only a teeny little bit further than what you've already done! :)

At her pace that's about a half an hour :D

mrslow wrote: »
    What are you scared about?, 16 done, 10 to go:D

It's the numbers...numbers scare me!!

At her pace that's about a half an hour :D

You're fired. World's greatest mug my a5s!

It's the numbers...numbers scare me!!

You have to bend them to your will! Rather than thinking "****e, that's still 9 miles shorter than a marathon", or "holy crap 17 miles sounds like an awful long way", think "that's only 1km more than what I've already managed just fine".

You're fired. World's greatest mug my a5s!

I'm trying to motivate you by beating you down,then we'll build you back up and you'll come out of it feeling much stronger and run that 17th mile in 6 mins!

Y'know, you could just be nice... :pac:

Y'know, you could just be nice... :pac:

She doesn't like that, it makes her suspicious. She likes oppression! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Week 6/14
    Monday Rest / Stretch/Strength
    Tuesday 4miles
    Wednesday 8miles
    Thursday 4miles
    Friday Rest / Stretch/Strength
    Saturday 17miles :eek:
    Sunday 40mins X

Cool, are you up for a group run on saturday then? RK I assume you will be up for your 22 miler then too? I have managed to nab next Saturday off work so I am defiantely up for a long run on either saturday/sunday.

Also we are doing some speed stuff on tuesday in UCD gain if you're interested...

Sounds good - need to get a last really long run in before Barca!

Sounds good - need to get a last really long run in before Barca!

I'll be doing the 10k race on Sunday but would meet up for a few miles after if there was anyone about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I'll be doing the 10k race on Sunday but would meet up for a few miles after if there was anyone about?

Yep, since the race is on I might make some plans for my run to coincide with the phoenix park around that time (assuming I do not go out boozing again).

menoscemo wrote: »
    Yep, since the race is on I might make some plans for my run to coincide with the phoenix park around that time (assuming I do not go out boozing again).

Let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Wexican

Any sign of the poor dude yet?! I saw something flying by my window this morning - could have been a yellow balloon, could have been a high viz wexican...:rolleyes:

:)

It was only after leaving ye that I thought what the hell am I doing facing into this wind again, there has to be better ways to spend a Sunday:(

A busy day topped off with a bird crapping on my face as I walked into a meeting...if one more person tells me it's good luck, there will be a 4 inch heel swiftly booted where the sun don't shine! That is all.
    menoscemo wrote: »
    Cool, are you up for a group run on saturday then? RK I assume you will be up for your 22 miler then too? I have managed to nab next Saturday off work so I am defiantely up for a long run on either saturday/sunday.

Also we are doing some speed stuff on tuesday in UCD gain if you're interested...

Defo up for Saturday alright. I could even try stretch it to 17.5 if I was challenged...

Heading to the cinema after work tomorrow so I have the alarm set for 6am for a pre-work run. I'll pencil in the track for next week though if you're doing it.
    It was only after leaving ye that I thought what the hell am I doing facing into this wind again, there has to be better ways to spend a Sunday:(

Surely not! I'm gonna mix it up a bit and spend next sunday in a pub pretending to be interested in some sore of team sport - I doubt it'll come close to the joy of that gale force beating! :rolleyes: I didn't envy you heading off though I must admit. Nice to meet you and cheers for getting me around - I hope my slowness provided a nice easy warm up! :)

Defo up for Saturday alright. I could even try stretch it to 17.5 if I was challenged...
    That's the spirit :D

Tuesday 8th February
    - 4.49miles – 41.49mins (I must bring my Garmin home tonight!!)
    And the reason why I have this log is to keep me and my fond acquaintance with the snooze button motivated!! I nearly didn’t make it this morning. Was knackered last night but didn’t sleep great. It was so dark and windy out – a far cry from the depths of my warm bed. It was a case of mind over matter. 4.5 handy miles – the legs are still heavy from Sunday but it was grand taking it easy. As usual, I was glad I went out. An extra 40 minutes in bed wouldn’t have made me feel as good as getting out for a run did. (Blah – I hate knowing that lesson!)

A busy day topped off with a bird crapping on my face as I walked into a meeting...if one more person tells me it's good luck, there will be a 4 inch heel swiftly booted where the sun don't shine! That is all.

Did anyone get a picture? I'd pay to see that!

An extra 40 minutes in bed wouldn’t have made me feel as good as getting out for a run did. (

There are endorphins to be had there too you know :D

Oh and it couldn't happen to a nicer person. (Having such luck;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

[HTML][/HTML]
    . As usual, I was glad I went out. An extra 40 minutes in bed wouldn’t have made me feel as good as getting out for a run did. (Blah – I hate knowing that lesson!)

I know that feeling..but my love for the snooze button overcomes the knowledge sometimes too!
    Well done on overcoming it.

• Advertisement

Oh and it couldn't happen to a nicer person. (Having such luck;))

Aren't you just a delightful human being!
    maria74 wrote: »
    I know that feeling..but my love for the snooze button overcomes the knowledge sometimes too!
    Well done on overcoming it.

Planned to run into work this am but ended up having to come in for 7 so unfortunatley it wasn't the snooze the button that prevented that today. It doesn't look like I'm going to fit in 8 miles tonight. I could probably get 4miles in timewise but for some reason my shin is sore again..:mad: it must be a wednesday thing. So come on know-it-alls should I rest her today and do 8 tomorrow instead? (I've cancelled my after-work plans in anticipation of a combination of 8miles after work and needing a night on the couch)!:)

Advertisement