Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint to CARB

• 11-09-2015 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

I intend to make a complaint to CARB about the Auditor of a company of which I was a Director, its the first time I had to do this, is it best or commonplace to engage professional help to do this.

I have spoken to CARB a number of times and they agree that the facts as presented by me give me cause to have the member investigated but I am worried that I am going to be at a complete disadvantage.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I intend to make a complaint to CARB about the Auditor of a company of which I was a Director, its the first time I had to do this, is it best or commonplace to engage professional help to do this.

I have spoken to CARB a number of times and they agree that the facts as presented by me give me cause to have the member investigated but I am worried that I am going to be at a complete disadvantage.

I would strongly recommend you seek proper legal advice before doing this. If you are complaining about the auditor of a company of which you were a director it could get very nasty.

• Lawyer up.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

It is already very nasty, I have a lawyer and a Barrister but corporate law is very expensive and my solicitor suggested I go down the CARB route myself.

Advertisement