Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stuff happening in my house

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

People post in this forum usually for a bit of help. Focusing on the one or two things that might well be easily explained certainly in this case hasnt really helped out the OP. what about the whistling, the radio etc? Less attempted ridicule and a bit more help wouldnt go astray.
    EnterNow wrote: »
    If the likes of certain washing machine dials are known to reset etc when faulty, it doesn't matter what forum you put it in...it's a known fact & therefore not stupid.

Just because this is the paranormal forum, doesn't mean people should ignore the obvious. Granted it's but one example, but I havn't seen any stupid responses in the thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

maccored wrote: »
    Less attempted ridicule and a bit more help wouldnt go astray.

Since when was the OP ridiculed? Is pointing out an more obvious explanation now quantified as ridicule? As I said, it might go a ways towards explaining one of the OP's mentioned events, not all of them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

A few years ago things were happening in my house, lights going on and buttons on the hob switching on/off. I was on my own in the kitchen on day and said out loud, 'Daddy (passed away) if that's you, please stop, you're scaring me' (I never told anyone this). Well anyway, my sister went to a medium/spiritualist who said to her 'your father's here, he has a message for Ann, he says there is a presence in your house but it's not him and it won't harm her':eek:.

A few years passed then in the past few months it started up again. I was in the kitchen alone one day when the hob switched on, I turned it off and said out loud 'go on, do that again'..then one of the other buttons switched on:eek:. Shortly after this the heater in my son's room switched itself on and scorched the side of his locker. He insists it wasn't even plugged in..but of course we can't be sure about that but it did switch itself on. My husband says he must've knocked against it somehow by moving the bed and caused it to happen. My son was downstairs at the time and says he only popped into his room once all morning and didn't touch the bed. I was scared because all the messing about with sockets is dangerous.

A woman I used to work with told me to go around the house, blessing all the corners of each room, and leave all the windows of the house open for a little while. At the last window I said 'please leave this house' and nothing's happened since.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭childsplay

Discovered i couldnt move in the bed but everything i heard was so real to me.

The way that you have described your experiences here reminds me of an episode of sleep paralysis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Border-Rat

you keep mentioning your dad, so you already know this is your dad, go with your instinct, its usually the right answer.. he is letting you know hes there with you.... dont be afraid of the children 'seeing' things, chances are theyve already seen him, children are all born with the ability to 'see', most lose it as there growing up,.. i have something you can try yourself to see if its your dad, pm me if you want to try it, im not posting it here...

Why would her dad smash glass doors? Obviously a Poltergiest/Demon which emulate relative presence.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Border-Rat

childsplay wrote: »
    The way that you have described your experiences here reminds me of an episode of sleep paralysis.

90% of her examples are nowhere near the bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭childsplay

No, but that particular explanation does sound like sleep paralysis to me. I meant no harm or ridicule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Border-Rat wrote: »

90% of her examples are nowhere near the bed.

Im not a her, im a he

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

any new stuff happen?

That was something i considered after reading up on it, but not sure after the other events. Still i would never rule anything out .

any new stuff happen?

Hard to say as the kids have been with me in the house so banging and noises are plentiful. About the only strange thing was the stairgate on the landing started rattling one night, it was closed and the kids were all in bed when it happened.

Oh , might sound silly but a few times now i ve gotten the aroma of "warm milk" in the kitchen, as if someone was heating it in a pot on the oven.

I would write it off as from heating a bottle for the 1yo but i ve never come across the aroma before when doing so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 alec01

Hey dude, ok lets just say for a min that yes your house is haunted. Have you tried any steps to validate your experiences, even for your own peace of mind at least you wont think you going nuts. I've read replys suggesting you to check your appliances and wiring etc etc. All of which may involve getting another dude to come out to your house and you paying him to check it. I'd try a couple of things first
    1. if you have a video camera set that bad boy up some night in the room wit most activity. Let it off recording all night. Also physically plug out your appliances to rule them out except the fridge of course :-)
    2. Use a dictafone if you have one, sometimes they can pick up sounds we cant hear or even a video cam cant hear.
    3. Try to engage whatever may be there. From your post it doesnt seem like there is anything of ill-intend there. Use the dictaphone when your engaging it to catch responses.
    Finally i'm not saying that any of this is going to work but its something you can do yourself and it might give you answers, what have you to lose? If you dont mind me asking how old is your eldest child? Old enough to notice somehing? If so has there been any mention of strange goings on from them.
    If you decide to go down this path i would be fascinated to hear of your results. Oh take some still shots also of active rooms. Finally some ppl mght fob off these steps but paying a guy to check out your electrics would not be my first step.
    Best of luck my friend hope this helps in some way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ghosthunter73

Owryan wrote: »

First event was Nov. 2010 Was about 4 in the morning and i could hear someone/thing moving about my house (live alone cept for a cat) .

Discovered i couldnt move in the bed but everything i heard was so real to me. It was the sound of my dad getting up, going to the bathroom, heading downstairs and making tea . I could hear everything even the teaspoon rattling in the mug. I know the cat could hear something too as she was going mad in the room with me

This could be a sign of sleep paralysis

At the risk of putting myself up for more ridcule i said i would bump this as here have been a few more incidents recently

Several times in the early hours i ve heard the stairgate rattle as if someone was trying to open it , Its the type that you have to push a lever and pull out so it isnt the type that might pop open.

The biggie was fri gone by . Came home from Kilkenny bout 12.30 to find a smashed photo frame on the floor. It had been lying flat on the bookshelf when i left the day before. My sitting room door opens towards the bookshelf and had been left open so for the frame to get to where i found it, it would ve needed to have passed over/under/round or through the door.

Not saying it is anything paranormal but it is out of the ordinary

Advertisement