Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Sports on UPC

• 31-01-2012 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Just got sky sports with upc. Can i now watch sky sports online on a dedicated computer/ipad or is this only a feature for sky customers? i.e. not through a provider like upc? any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

watermark wrote: »
    Just got sky sports with upc. Can i now watch sky sports online on a dedicated computer/ipad or is this only a feature for sky customers? i.e. not through a provider like upc? any help appreciated.

That's a feature only available to Sky customers. UPC have no such service.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭watermark

thanks achilles

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Moved to Cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No HD on Sky Sports with UPC either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Keith186

Or red button feature :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Still no update from UPC and now the confirmation from Sky that the F1 channel will also be the home to the Indycar series this year.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Its shocking, Ive tweeted them every single days asking. Called a few times. Id doubt we will get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

The channel doesnt actually launch for another two and a half weeks so it could well end up being a last minute thing. I doubt there is much point in tweeting and calling them every day; its not going to make them move any faster on the issue and its only going to end up frustrating you more...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Its shocking, Ive tweeted them every single days asking. Called a few times. Id doubt we will get it!

I've heard they can't discuss it with Sky as the lad responsible is too busy answering your tweets and calls every day. :p

Dodge wrote: »
    I've heard they can't discuss it with Sky as the lad responsible is too busy answering your tweets and calls every day. :p
    To be honest the tweets are just to annoy them at this stage :D

• Advertisement

Setanta are showing all Practice and Qualifying too this year! Good news for UPC customers

To be honest the tweets are just to annoy them at this stage :D

...and you wonder why he's ignoring you?

Achilles wrote: »
    ...and you wonder why he's ignoring you?
    They reply everyday actually :D

They reply everyday actually :D

You are the reason people in the customer service industry hate dealing with customers you know.

There's nothing he can do to change things short of sending your comments on as he / she doesn't make the actual policy on which channels to aquire.

I wouldn't be UPC's biggest fan even as a customer as I think their customer service leaves alot to be desired however as they simply resell the channels and don't actually have any control over them they are probably being charged extortionate rates to even get certain channels onto their network. I can hardly see them going for a niché channel such as an F1 Sky Sports channel as it wouldn't be worth their while.

If you're that worried about it why not just switch to Sky?

I can hardly see them going for a niché channel such as an F1 Sky Sports channel as it wouldn't be worth their while.

On the contrary I can see them losing a lot of customers if they do not get this channel. F1 is hardly a niche sport (its not like its something like badminton were talking about) and if money is that much of an issue then they always have the option of charging €5 a month or whatever for it as Im sure most F1 fans would be happy to pay that to get full coverage compared to BBCs limited schedule and Setantas coverage which Ive always found to be pretty poor.

Changing to Sky is not an option for a lot of people, especially those of us who live in apartment complexes ruled by management companies and their draconian rules about satellite dishes...

You are the reason people in the customer service industry hate dealing with customers you know.

There's nothing he can do to change things short of sending your comments on as he / she doesn't make the actual policy on which channels to aquire.

I wouldn't be UPC's biggest fan even as a customer as I think their customer service leaves alot to be desired however as they simply resell the channels and don't actually have any control over them they are probably being charged extortionate rates to even get certain channels onto their network. I can hardly see them going for a niché channel such as an F1 Sky Sports channel as it wouldn't be worth their while.

Ok its a tweet, Im hardly holding up the phone lines 24/7.
    In reference to Sky? I would if I could but I cant!
    Same reason most people who are unhappy with UPC dont change.
    Dont get me wrong I think its great for sport price wise but Sky Sports F1? They promised the moon when I signed a new contract, if they dont come up with the goods Im entitled to ask questions whenever and however I want.

Whine whine moan moan.

Look if you want Sky Sports F1 switch to Sky as UPC are obviously not supplying it. Living in an apartment complex with draconion satellite dish rules? Get a portable hidden dish or move if it's that important to you.

A company that promises everything possible in order to secure a sale?! Shock... horror and awe at the very suggestion!

Whine whine moan moan.

Look if you want Sky Sports F1 switch to Sky as UPC are obviously not supplying it. Living in an apartment complex with draconion satellite dish rules? Get a portable hidden dish or move if it's that important to you.

A company that promises everything possible in order to secure a sale?! Shock... horror and awe at the very suggestion!
    Some great advice there I must say.
    People have contracts..Shock horror.
    If you dont like the posts dont reply to them.

Move just to accomodate your TV provider? Get a grip ffs.

Hidden dishes are fine if you can put them up, however in both of my last two apartments I didnt not have line of sight to put the dish out a window, which wouldnt have been a problem if I could have put the dish on the roof, but obviously I couldnt.

So youre okay with companies telling blatent lies in order to secure a sale (this is what has happened to me twice now with UPC and by the sounds of it Im not the only one)?

djimi wrote: »
    So youre okay with companies telling blatent lies in order to secure a sale (this is what has happened to me twice now with UPC and by the sounds of it Im not the only one)?
    I never said I was ok with it but I'm at least realistic about the situation. Sales people are just that - sales people and in my experience they will say anything to secure a sale for their commission.

The fact that you don't realise this is a bit naive of you.

Also I suggested moving for your TV provider if the channel was that important to you, obviously it's not so I have no idea why you're complaining. :-)

• Advertisement

I never said I was ok with it but I'm at least realistic about the situation. Sales people are just that - sales people and in my experience they will say anything to secure a sale for their commission.

The fact that you don't realise this is a bit naive of you.

Also I suggested moving for your TV provider if the channel was that important to you, obviously it's not so I have no idea why you're complaining. :-)
    Some fantastic insight there! Well done.
    One born every minute

15077995.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

UPC have tweeted tonight that Sky Sports F1 will not ba available for the start of season but still negotiating.

Considering the first race is 3 weeks away ! its clear from UPC's statement , UPC will not have Sky F1 full stop.

This is extremely disappointing news and will probably force me to move to Sky.

Noticed Skys F1 ads on billboards today popping up all over the place :(

I got told the same on the phone today by their sales dept. Sadly this was to be expected; if they were going to get the channel they would have done so weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭smurf22

Infoanon wrote: »
    UPC have tweeted tonight that Sky Sports F1 will not ba available for the start of season but still negotiating.

Considering the first race is 3 weeks away ! its clear from UPC's statement , UPC will not have Sky F1 full stop.

This is extremely disappointing news and will probably force me to move to Sky.

Noticed Skys F1 ads on billboards today popping up all over the place :(

Fear not people - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056558766

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Sky will not want to give this channel over. Same with the Sky Sports HD. It gives them a major advantage in attracting customers, they will want huge money for it... it is not in their interest to let UPC carry these channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No ads during the races on SS. That's a big advantage over Setanta

No ads during the races on SS. That's a big advantage over Setanta

Some people are never happy.

Got a tweet from UPC stating that Setanta have all the races live blah blah and SSF1 will not be on board with UPC for the season start. They are in "negotiations" though (As they always say)
    I replied asking if Setanta and UPC have a deal where UPC dont get SSF1. (No reply)

I reckon Setanta do have a deal in place that they have exclusive F1 rights (all races I mean) of the 2012 season.

EDIT: Just saw the above message!

• Advertisement

Some people are never happy.
    Who is this guy? You havent a clue kid!

Advertisement