Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Donegal GAA Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Great win! Murphy with 1-03. DL had a man sent off just before half time (1-05 to 0-03 HT score) so they did really well to push on in the 2nd half.
    Kielt got 6 points for Derry.

Monaghan or Cavan in the final [CN 1-05 MN 0-05 is the latest score I have]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Cavan won by 1-10 to 1-09.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Great stuff-I'd love to see an Ulster title coming to the County.

I see the final is fixed for Enniskillen on Wednesday night-pity it's not on a Saturday, but at least that might give Murphy a chance to play for the Seniors at the weekend as well.

If Donegal beat Cavan they will play Tipp on April 17.

So just to bump the GAA thread back over the Harps thread :D

Will Highland have commentary on the U-21 Ulster Final tomorrow night?

Who knows, Tom Comack may even give it some airtime during the 'GAA Programme'

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    So just to bump the GAA thread back over the Harps thread :D

Will Highland have commentary on the U-21 Ulster Final tomorrow night?

Who knows, Tom Comack may even give it some airtime during the 'GAA Programme'

Don't know. It was disappointing that they didn't cover the semi-final on Sat. Pio's country and western show just didn't do it for me!

I'd say they will cover some of it all right but maybe just the second half.

• Advertisement

Just heard that Highland will be covering the whole game tonight.

Tír Chonaill Abú!

Donegal 2-08 Cavan 0-06 well done lads roll on Tipp!!!

YES!!!! Well done to the lads. Great win. Could we clone Murphy I wonder?

Brilliant-well done Donegal. Really looking forward to the semi-final-I presume will be played somewhere like Mullingar or Galway?

From what I can gather, the Donegal keeper is excellent (but as far as I can recall he didn't feature in the McKenna Cup-would he have played for a college team I wonder?). Murphy was man of the match, but Martin McHugh was really singing the praises of Kevin Mulhern. His own son sounded like he had a pretty good game as well.

• Advertisement

Carrickman wrote: »

Aye, saw that.

Great strength by Murphy for the 1st goal.

I thought Murphy, Mulhern and McGuinness came accross very well in the interviews-level headed etc.

I have heard from my source that the S/F will be played as a double header in Mullingar.

Team to play Armagh named:

Durcan
    McGlynn
    N McGee
    Lacey
    Maguire
    A Thompson
    Cassidy
    Gallagher
    E Kelly
    L McLoone
    Dunne
    Dunnion
    McFadden
    Murphy
    Hanlon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Yankeesfan

Was at the Semi final and final of the u-21's. What i was most impressed by was the attitude, workrate and endeavour of all the Donegal lads. Hunting for the ball as if their lives depended on it. It was great to see a Donegal team so well drilled and prepared for a match. The players who stood out for me over the 2 games were: McLoone, Classon, McHugh, Curran, Murphy, Molloy and Mulhern.

ps U-21 keeper is also the minor keeper! I believe he's 17 and hes a Ballyshannon man

Some hammering today:o, crash bang down to earth hopefully the Under 21's will lift the gloom.

In a way it's good this happened as we are not good enough for Division 1 football. Tyrone and Derry were relegated today as well so it will be a tough season yet again next year.

Jaysus that was terrible. It looked like our lads didn't really give a shoite about the game. We are really struggling in midfield and in the half forward line. Colm McFadden seems to be having his annual dip in form as it comes closer to business time. Hard to see us doing anything in Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭docmartin

has any of the management set up come out and done an interview yet?? would love to hear john joes explanation for this one

Hammered by Armagh
    Hammered by Kildare
    Beaten at home by Down
    Home win against 13 man Meath
    Home win against Laois team with a lot of suspensions
    Narrow victory away to Tipp
    Easy enough win against Westmeath

We're not good enough and I agree with Carrickman (not good enough for Division 1, and Division 2 will be tough again next year-Tyrone, Derry, Antrim, Kildare......)

We haven't kicked on from the Cork defeat last year at all. There's another hammering in store should we run into a decent side in the Championship.

I was glad to hear Murphy was taken off today. Roll on next weekend.

U-21 Semi-Final is listed as Parnell Park on Saturday at 7.30. No double header.

Game on Saturday is live on TG4

http://www.sportsmanager.ie/cake/gaa2/donegal/news/18004/Donegal_V_Tipperary_Beo_ar_TG4_this_Saturday

Also a supporters bus-first 40 places free

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    U-21 Semi-Final is listed as Parnell Park on Saturday at 7.30. No double header.

Bloody joke of a venue and start time, Roscommon or somewhere in the midlands with a 3.00 (or even 4.00) start would have made more sense, ah well at least it's on telly.

• Advertisement

Stranded in Germany at the moment-if I'm 'lucky' I will be in the air during the game tomorrow night.

Good luck lads.

Best of luck to the lads tonight in the semi, an All Ireland final appearance would be a huge lift to the county.

Great win for the lads and great to see a Donegal team in an all Ireland final. Should be a good final against Dublin.

Tír Conaill Abú!!

Brilliant-well done Donegal. If I make it home, I will be at the final come hell or high water.

Let's invoke the spirit of '92 and see Michael Murphy lift the cup on the May 1!

Well done lads, let's go all the way now!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sweet :)

Why so late?? It means no matter what we will be all getting back home late (well depending what part of the county you are from) a 4 or 5 start time would be better but we are in the final so I hate complaining it's I just dont see the point in the late start time.

Now it's great to be in the final and hopefully we will stay unbeaten in all Ireland finals!! I was at the two finals in 1987 when the under 21's lat won, they beat Kerry in the replay and that led to some great years for Donegal after that so lets hope history repeats itself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Carrickman wrote: »
    Why so late?? It means no matter what we will be all getting back home late (well depending what part of the county you are from) a 4 or 5 start time would be better but we are in the final so I hate complaining it's I just dont see the point in the late start time.

Now it's great to be in the final and hopefully we will stay unbeaten in all Ireland finals!! I was at the two finals in 1987 when the under 21's lat won, they beat Kerry in the replay and that led to some great years for Donegal after that so lets hope history repeats itself!!

Yep, made Roscommon and Tuam memorable.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

The backbone of our '92 sucess was U-21 wins in 1982 and 1987. Winning on May 1 doesn't guarantee anything, but would be a step in the right direction. Yeah, start time is a bit of a pain, but how often do we get to play in a meaningful All-Ireland final? I'll be there, having missed all the other games due to work commitments and volcanic ash.

Advertisement