Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Overclockers ever answer the phone?

• 04-08-2006 2:02pm
    Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

I faxed through an order and I need to ring them with credit card details and I have been trying to get through for ages and there is no answer. Not even a friendly pre recorded message to say that they are busy:mad: :D

HAve you ever spoken to someone in overclockers over the phone? 22 votes

Yes, After day/weeks/months of trying.
    0%
    Never
    31%
    Dasilva94DooomDrappershanethemofoTempestSabrePsycopatPogMoThoin 7 votes
    Once
    31%
    StephenhopefulPacificoTyrant^masteroftherealmevilboyseangeneralmiaow 7 votes
    I tried, but gave up after a few hours
    36%
    MythagoKarl HungusEbonykstuxyjesus_thats_greWizZardRuggieBearconzy 8 votes

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

im in que position 3!!!:D

que position 2!

que position 1!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Sorry we are currently closed :D

he he, I finally got through to give them the credit card details, and they said the order hasnt been processed yet:mad:

And Monday is a bank holiday so it will probably be Monday week before I get my new monitor :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

didnt know it was a bank holiday here and in the uk.

Make sure their not lying. Or doing what the builders do " ohh look national builders holiday week " pffft.

****ing half my bloody kitchen tiled :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Never
    Ya, i tried ringin bout my conroe. gave up. was supposed to be shipped yest but no shipping confirmation email yet.......bastards :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Mythago

Hmmmm, thought Overclockers were getting their act together! Had problems about 2 months ago (Rma'd my MB with all accessories, got MB only back!), actually got through immediately when I called about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Never
    Their phone service is atrocious (took me a good 30 mins to speak to someone), but once you get someone, the lads know what they're on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,422 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I generally use the webnotes to contact them, which is usually fairly good. They do have awful phone support, but I'd say its more related to the type of person who they sell to (crazy modders who want their stuff NOW!! or they'll hold their breathe and have a huff), I'd say 90% of their calls are probably just saying to the customer that the parts will be in when they're in and they're trying their best.

They have a note on their site also that alot of phone support people have gone on holiday.

I do use them but if http://www.overclock.co.uk/ have the same parts at similar prices, i'll use them, as you can generally get a person on the phone quicker, and they have accounts for people (the ocuk website really really really really sucks), www.tekheads.co.uk can be pretty good also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Never
    overclockers were desperate i found. i made 2 orders with them because all parts wouldnt fit into 1, i recieved 1 of the 2 which was surprizing because i ordered them at the same time. i rang to see whats up and after 30 mins someone came on and explained they need a utility bill to go ahad with the order, i thought it was strange they didnt email or phone me about this but i faxed the bill over, i recieved no confirmation so i rang em the next day, they said they needed 2 bills :mad: i then faxed over the second and rang an hour later, they said they cant send the order because the name on the utility bills and credit card was my parents whereas it was to be delivered to me at the same address as the credit card and bills :confused: i asked what could i do and he said id have to cancel the order and do it again, annoyed i did that and when i got home to order it again i discovered that Opteron 170's were taken off the site :mad: i had to order the 180 wich was alot more expensive, B4stards!!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

anti wrote:
    didnt know it was a bank holiday here and in the uk.

Don't think its a bank holiday in the UK. I work in a bookie and there's eveing UK racing on tonight which doesn't happen on Sundays or Bank Holidays - so i have deduced it is not a Bank hol. That's the best proof I can find. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Psycopat wrote:
    overclockers were desperate i found. i made 2 orders with them because all parts wouldnt fit into 1, i recieved 1 of the 2 which was surprizing because i ordered them at the same time. i rang to see whats up and after 30 mins someone came on and explained they need a utility bill to go ahad with the order, i thought it was strange they didnt email or phone me about this but i faxed the bill over, i recieved no confirmation so i rang em the next day, they said they needed 2 bills :mad: i then faxed over the second and rang an hour later, they said they cant send the order because the name on the utility bills and credit card was my parents whereas it was to be delivered to me at the same address as the credit card and bills :confused: i asked what could i do and he said id have to cancel the order and do it again, annoyed i did that and when i got home to order it again i discovered that Opteron 170's were taken off the site :mad: i had to order the 180 wich was alot more expensive, B4stards!!!!
    That's quite bad.
    I ordered yesterday. Was expecting an email this morning which i got, but they don't have the international dialling number on the site. I've no fax machine. They should provide a "My account" area, where you could upload scans over ssl. Becuase you can't email them directly, I set them up a ftp account on my server, and gave them location of the two scans. The benefit to me is I can check to logs to see exactly when they sent them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Never
    their site is poorly designed and doesnt tell you anything about your order, komplett.ie is easy to navigate and see whats up with your order, theyre also easy to contact as they have an irish base

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

well was readin on there site that loads of there staff are on holiys and there really bussy.i did not find them too bad when i ordered my pc 3-4 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Never
    http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17608958

Regardless, over recent years they've become hard to deal with re:RMA's and support issues. Like others I avoid them unless theres something on special thats particularly good value. Like their current SC AMD64's.

I rang them again today, to find that my order is still at the bottom of a pile in the fax machine:mad:

I gave them links to the docs they needed on a private ftp at 10 this morning. Told them to call me if they had issues.
    Got an email at 15.30 saying they couldn't get them.
    I wasn't home till 5, so I rand around 10 past, and had to be a bit rude. I put them on some web space. Was nice to the guy after, and it's being dispatched in the morning now. Kinda happy, but, yes, as said above, no need for all this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

I have had nothing but good experience with them, had to call them a few times for RMA, but each time I called them, the phone was answered within a few minutes....maybe im the lucky one?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Never
    great guys to deal with and I think we should not moan when you look at prices of stuff in our Irish "PC" stores.............. or was that "PC Museums"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Never
    Fine until you have a problem it seems. Lately I haven't found them that much cheaper than Komplett or other online stores.

Never
    Well, I didnt get my bloody conroe yet despite having ordered weeks ago. cant get to check for my shipping confirmation cos the emails are on a server at work and i dont have access to them till the morn. havent a clue whether its on the way or not. :mad: drivin me crazy, not knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Never
    PogMoThoin wrote:
    Well, I didnt get my bloody conroe yet despite having ordered weeks ago. cant get to check for my shipping confirmation cos the emails are on a server at work and i dont have access to them till the morn. havent a clue whether its on the way or not. :mad: drivin me crazy, not knowing.

think intel failed to deliver ! So I've been told....

Never
    Drapper wrote:
    think intel failed to deliver ! So I've been told....

Says "In stock" on their website.......major piss-off, thought there was a possibility it was shipped already. Made the mistake of only paying for postage not courier, so its gonna be an extra day or 2. Would gladly pay extra tenner now just to have it.
    Does any1 have conroe from a european supplier?

I thought you had your system up and running?
    My conroe is in portloaoise. Should be at the door in the morning, if that makes you feel any better :)

Never
    :rolleyes: I wish, I'd be postin benchies if i had. Hopefully soon. not seen my emails since thur. cant see them till morn.
    Explosive_Cornflake, did you order off OCUK?

I still havent gotten a reply from overclockers:mad:

Komplett. I had no idea they have them in so soon. Thanks to OCUK, I won't be posting benchies tomrrow. Mobo and GFX coming from them. I ordered sunday, and they weren't dispatched until this evening though. Hopefully I'll get a bench or two up before I've to head out thursday evening.

Never
    conzymaher wrote:
    I still havent gotten a reply from overclockers:mad:

Tried ringin them 2day at 5. engaged until half 5, then answer machiene. Must check their forum now. This was the message i got from them on the 28th july:
    Dear Sir,

The reason that out prices are higher is that we have paid over the
    odds for the first few batches & faster delivery. We are expecting to be
    the only stockists for at least a couple of weeks after release. These
    are due to reach us in a little over a week.

Lyin Ba$tards, Komplett have them at the same time.

Waitin on 2 raptors, wont be here til thur, only shipped 2day. wont have benchies up before then anyway, even if it comes 2moro.

Are ye lot gonna oc straight away? I'm gonna run on stock for while. Maybe after 2 mths or so.

• Advertisement

I'll OC soon enough, but I'll be on stock cooling for awhile, until my friend comes home from Chicago. He's bringing a 775 retention module XP 120. Hopefully it'll fit he mother board :) If it dooesn't, I'll guess I'll go HSF hunting.

Advertisement