Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up multiscreen from laptop

• 28-03-2005 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey,
    I have a Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop and want to use multiscreen. I am using windows XP and have an older monitor to use. I was reading instructions from the internet about it and when I connected the laptop to the old screen and restarted the image came up on both screens. When I went to display properties, setting, only one monitor appeared instead of two. This meant I couldn't use dualview (drag from one screen to another). Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

On a lot of Dell Laptops, the way you set up the dual-view/shared desktop is (from memory so bear with me!) by right-clicking on the desktop, going to display options, dual view (or clone desktop) there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

If the monitor's sufficiently old, you may have to explicitly tell Window's it's there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Theres a slim chance it only supports mirroring. Did you check on the Dell Talk forums?

Advertisement