Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black & White 2 Announced!

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Banjo wrote: »
    Shouldn't this be in "clearasil and hormones"? Just be yourself, bro! ;)

There is no 'Video game characters who make me suicidal' forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Urizen wrote: »

There is no 'Video game characters who make me suicidal' forum.

Could make for a remarkable P.I. thread though. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Anyone know what bricks and mortar has this cheapesat??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Arawn wrote: »
    Anyone know what bricks and mortar has this cheapesat??

... It took me a good 20 seconds to realise what you meant there. I'm slow today :P Check Gamestop and CEX, they'll often have preowned copies for a good price.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Starting my W2 challenge mode run, got it today. Presently have a team of:
    Level 10 Oshawott
    Level 8 Mareep
    Level 8 Patrat
    Level 7 Purrloin

Gonna get an Elekid as soon as I can, and perhaps a Magnemite in Virbank. Gonna try and stay a bit distant to my B2 team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Got Black 2 and started it the other day. I didn't finish either Black or White 1 so is their anything I should be aware of or can I just go for it? Just past the first battle with the annoying friend so I'm literally on a blank slate.

Also, I always go with the Fire type so I have Tepig. Good or bad choice?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Tepig is good, my favourite of the 3 starters. One thing I'd kind of suggest is grab a Riolu in that ranch near the beginning, it's pretty rare though, but worth it for a Lucario.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Another vote for Tepig. I went with the Grass one this time and the water one on White, and both are underwhelming. The Serperior is so limited, it's really disappointing.

I got a Riolu in my first battle at the ranch funnily enough, but didn't see another for f'ing ages. Very glad I persisted though, it's been a mainstay of my team most of the way so far. If you're playing on 3DS and have 3 quid to burn you can get a boat-load of Level 30 Riolus from the Dream Radar, which is a fairly pants AR minigame (that really should have been free) from the eShop. Also nets you some legends if you persist with it.

I presume you picked up the "Run back and forth in front of a patch of grass till one square starts shaking, then fight the Audino in it for monstrous XP gain" trick in B/W? It works here too.

I'd recommend using the website - the Dream World - to find a couple of Water types, as they seem to be few and far between until you get Surf, unless you can stomach using a Psyduck.

Don't forget to use the Memory Link option off the front menu to link your B/W 1 cart to the B/W 2 cart - it gives you a couple of events, and your B/W 1 trainer's name will get mentioned a lot with great reverence :)

Other than that, just go for it. And make sure you pay attention to any scripted conversations/scenes - it's easy to miss instructions on where you're supposed to go next, and then end up wandering the wilderness for hours.

Also, if you don't mind having something of a fighting heavy team, try to get a Heracross in Lostlorn forest. It became one of the strongest members of my team in my Black 2 run. Plus it learns the awesome Megahorn at level 46.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I had to start my own new black 2 run 2 weeks ago since I lost my cartridge :(
    So far I'm at(just beaten clay)

Samurott lv 37
    Pidgeot lv 37
    Typhlosion lv 43
    Lucario lv 34
    Espeon lv 38
    Ampharos lv 30. And I'm at 81 hours, 25 minutes.

Gonna replace pidgeot soon as possible. Might just trade myself over a starly or something.

• Advertisement

I'm trying to do the beat the Elite Four with one specific type challenges, so far I've beaten them with Fire, Fighting, Bug, and Grass types, training up a Flying team now, and after that I'm going with Dragon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Denny M wrote: »
    I'm trying to do the beat the Elite Four with one specific type challenges, so far I've beaten them with Fire, Fighting, Bug, and Grass types, training up a Flying team now, and after that I'm going with Dragon.

being super lazy and just transferring all pokemon over to do em

I'm taking the slower route and breeding eggs to train a team for it, or catching wild pokemon to train. My teams were:

Fire - Emboar, Heatran, Volcarona, Magmortar, Chandelure and Arcanine.
    Fighting - Emboar, Lucario, Heracross, Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion.
    Bug - Heracross, Pinsir, Genesect, Scyther, Scolipede and Yanmega.
    Grass - Torterra, Exeggutor, Meganium, Sceptile, Virizion and Venusaur.

My team for flying is shaping up to be Charizard, Dragonite, Salamence, Yanmega, Ho-Oh and possibly a Staraptor.

Then you've got the 'defeat the elite 4 and champion with one pokemon' medal :pac:

Yeah, might try that with Emboar when it hits level 100, or else I'll do the lazy route and just trade something from another game over :P

Tepig is good, my favourite of the 3 starters. One thing I'd kind of suggest is grab a Riolu in that ranch near the beginning, it's pretty rare though, but worth it for a Lucario.
    Will do. Did you get him in an egg in one of the other games? If I'm thinking of the right one, I used him a lot :D
    I presume you picked up the "Run back and forth in front of a patch of grass till one square starts shaking, then fight the Audino in it for monstrous XP gain" trick in B/W? It works here too.
    First I'm hearing of it. Works on any grass?
    I'd recommend using the website - the Dream World - to find a couple of Water types, as they seem to be few and far between until you get Surf, unless you can stomach using a Psyduck.
    I love Psyduck :D Only water I've come across so far is Azuril(sp?) so a Psyduck would be awesome. Especially once he starts learning psychic moves.
    Also, if you don't mind having something of a fighting heavy team, try to get a Heracross in Lostlorn forest. It became one of the strongest members of my team in my Black 2 run. Plus it learns the awesome Megahorn at level 46.
    Heracross used to kick ass for me in GSC so if I find one, he's in.

Havent played it much, just at that Ranch now. I've caught a good few but only have Tepig and Sewaddle in my team. Had a Pidove too but it was crap.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Will do. Did you get him in an egg in one of the other games? If I'm thinking of the right one, I used him a lot :D

First I'm hearing of it. Works on any grass?

I love Psyduck :D Only water I've come across so far is Azuril(sp?) so a Psyduck would be awesome. Especially once he starts learning psychic moves.

Heracross used to kick ass for me in GSC so if I find one, he's in.

Havent played it much, just at that Ranch now. I've caught a good few but only have Tepig and Sewaddle in my team. Had a Pidove too but it was crap.

Yeah, after you defeat cheren(I'm referring to the audino thing. Which you should really do)

Yeah, I think you got a Riolu egg from Riley in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Lostlorn forest is to the east of the city with the Electric gym (I think it's Nimbasa City). Heracross is rare enough, but I'd reckon it's worth it.

Yeah, I think you got a Riolu egg from Riley in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Lostlorn forest is to the east of the city with the Electric gym (I think it's Nimbasa City). Heracross is rare enough, but I'd reckon it's worth it.

It is worth it, even with the 5% encounter rate :pac:

There's a Keldeo wifi event on, just got the card last night. Haven't collected him from the courier yet

Also, just stumbled on the park in Castelia and caught an Eevee. Is that park accessible when you first reach the city? Can't believe I walked past those stairs

Definitely get a Riolu nice and early. It will earn it's keep a hundred times over and is (hopefully, I'm still in the planning stages) handy enough for the E4/Champ fight. (I reserve the right to edit this if Sionnach gets his arse handed to him by the Dark E4er or either Iris's Hydreigon or Aggron)

• Advertisement

I never even thought of looking at the Elite 4 and picking a team from that. I was just going to go with whoever felt right. Guess I'm too used to the old way of being able to just do it with any team once the levels are high enough.

Need to figure that out before I go any further :pac:

No you have to try and go to the gym first I think. Then it triggers iris saying team plasma might be in the sewer, which lets you go in it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got the Keldeo event there. And now for it to sit in a box and never get used along with all the other legendaries.

For the E4 I usually just try have a nice mix of different types and use the team I've gone through the game with. In black 2 I used sawsbuck, unfezant, seismitoad, krookodile, walrein and lucario.

I might use Keldeo for beating the Elite Four with water types, apart from that, doubtful.

I don't think its very good. I tried using it for a couple of battles, does nothing for me.

Quite pleasantly surprised that the team that got me to the E4 (Serperior, Lucario, Golduck, Magnezone, Zoroark) are going to be my E4 team and almost no grinding is needed. I normally waste days,weeks training up ringers. Not being able to breed for moves is suddenly a good thing.

d.d.d.d.d.Doublepost!

turns out the door I thought lead to the E4 lead to victory road... I was thinking that winding valley wasn't much of a challenge.

Even more impressed with the lack of grind as a result of soldiering through - my freshly beefed up team minced the E4 and champ, apart from one moment when I forgot my Magenzone was not immune to Ground attacks.

I take back anything negative I said about Psyduck. Once I evolved him to Golduck he ended up being the lynchpin of the team - With Surf, Psychic and Ice Beam he destroyed the dragon and fighting teams, and didn't have many opponents to exploit his weaknesses.

Final team was Perrier (Golduck), Sionnach (Lucario), Copperface (Serperior), Robyn (Golbat), Zaxxon (Magenzone) and N's Zoroark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Been trying to get into this again I am 3 badges (on an old save) in but have to grind a bit for the 4th Gym, its the Bolt Badge so i`m gonna take her with a Sandslash. Any other Pokemon handy going for that badge?

I don't think elesa's that hard. Bear in mind emolga is immune to ground type attack./

• Advertisement
Advertisement