Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Housing Estates close to Liberty Insurance

• 04-07-2013 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi,

I will be starting a new job in Liberty Insurance on the Dublin Road in the coming weeks. Could anyone tell me which housing estates (if any) would be in walking distance of it? Won't have access to a car for next while

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

There is lots of house at the back of tesco's, though some say its not the greatest area. There is a ton out the Ballinagh road also.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Belt

Cheers, could you give me the names of a couple of estates? Im not familiar with the town at all

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭flynny50

Meadow Park on the Dublin Road is probably your best bet,nice estate & within walking distance to Liberty

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭markievicz

Bramble lane is another one close to liberty. It's about two mins from Meadow Park. Those two would be the closest to it but realistically any estate in town is close enough to liberty. Laragh Cresent & Springfield are on that side of town too. Lakeview always has apartments up for rent and its pretty quiet especially now that the students are gone home! (I live about 5 mins from it so know it well ).

Avoid Ardkeen/Aughnaskerry unless you like random fires in your estate or fireworks thrown at your house regularly!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

In case it's of help it's possible to take the bus from the centre of Cavan Town to Liberty Insurance (and vice versa) - there's a stop right outside.

It's not by any means unusual for people to do this - have used the bus to travel from central Cavan out to the Hotel Kilmore (beside Liberty) myself and have observed others making similar journeys.

The fare is €1.90 single. A taxi for the same journey would generally be a fiver.

The bus (Bus Éireann route 109, Dublin on front as destination) leaves Cavan Bus Station every hour i.e. 06.00, 07.00, 08.00, 09.00, 10.00 etc... Journey from the station to the Hotel Kilmore/Liberty takes 4/5 minutes.

Just ask the driver for the Hotel Kilmore - that's the fare stage that will be printed on the ticket.

New footpaths were put in place on the Ballinagh Road and it's a short walk from there to Tractamotors where there is also a bus stop. Fare from there out to the Kilmore/Liberty is also €1.90.

Map of Cavan Town:
    http://www.johnthemap.co.uk/pages/cavan/cavan.html
    (Liberty is shown as Quinn Direct in the map inset)

Bus timetable:
    http://buseireann.ie/pdf/1318429077-109.pdf
    Bus will be at Liberty around 4/5 minutes after departure time from Cavan Bus Station.
    Going back towards Cavan take 10 minutes or so from the arrival time at Cavan Bus Stn. Chances are many other employees will be heading into Cavan so I'd say getting a lift back wouldn't be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Closest, and nicest, estate would be meadow park. It's halfway between liberty and town, the entrance to it is on the town side of the Cavan crystal hotel.
    That estate is finished, and the houses are pre boom so are block and not timber frame.
    See daft;
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=725035

Bramble lane is a little further in towards town on the other side of the road and a large part of the estate is unfinished.

Have you a car? If so there are other areas around the town that I could recommend.
    Big numbers working in Liberty so they may have rooms available posted on their canteen notice board, why not give them a call and ask.
    Feel free to pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

Creighton drive is also close by, and an older development, so block built houses also. If you get a bike, anywhere is within 5 to 10 minutes from Liberty. Also I will PM you.

Quite a few people cycle to Liberty, so you wouldn't be odd one out. And as OP said, new cycle lane all the way.

Advertisement